Manchester united football club

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
well to blame giggsy for the goal is equivalent to trying to find a scapegoat in an overall mediocre performance.
To me, the reason that we lost was due to the fact that we were totally overwhelmed in the centre of the midfield where Scholesy and Anderson were totally non-existance.
We were doing well in the first 30 minutes but when Carrick was crocked, then we were vitually playing with ten men.

When Carrick didn't emerge(as predicted) in the second half, we just weren't the same.
There were no one around our 25-35 yards area, right in front of our back four, to pick up the ball from the centre backs and distribute the ball.
Rio and Vida, being centrebacks, started pumping hopeful long balls which really annoyed me.

Besides, playing Wazza and Tevez as winger wasn't a good choice in the first place.
When we play players out of position, we just do can't expect them to play as a team with fluid movements - more so if there's more than one player being played out of position and in a game which such intensity.

That said, it's not the end of the day. It's still too early in the season to predict anything.
It;s the norm that we Mancs like to do things the hard way. It's better to be chasing at such early stage then being chased.

And afterall, frankly speaking i don't really feel that 'hurt' by this lost. I donno why.
Maybe i am still over the moon with our CL triumphs, or maybe, i was already anticipating it....afterall, no team can win everygame. after our unbeaten recent record against them, the streak gonna end somewhere sometime.
I would rather we lose it in a less significant manner (like now) than otherwise.(such as nearing the end of the season)

Chill guys. Nothing to worry about. It's just some cluth slip, just like last season.

Last edited:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
liverpool fans should savor the moment... coz I am quite sure It might not happen again for a long time to come... Anyways... agree with u guys... the midfield was almost non existent...

Lopot

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
K.L
Visit site
haiyoooo... dunno what happen to the midfield...totally not functional....so lot of mistake and to open....pity berbatov...only managed to get 1 or 2 ball only....and EDVS???? what the hell is in his mind during the game????

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha... 1st of all, credit to where it due - Bravo for the win to Loserfool! SAF were right that they were the better team on Sat... No doubt abt it!!! It was a shocking performance from us...

Gti is spot on as when Carrick was down, our midfield looked like a Conference team's midfield, always 2nd to any balls... But i rather put my finger onto the manager or his assistance!!! In the 2nd half where Carrick clearly not gonna b able to continue and we were clearly left behind in the midfield battle, why the hell get Giggsy on?! :confused: Berba, Tevez, Rooney, Giggsy and Scholesy in the same line up during 1 of the biggest game?! Give me a break!!! What we need was more protection and aggressiveness in the middle!!! Not a fanciful winger who hardly able to chase everyball especially given Giggsy age now... This is 1 of the main reason we lost the game to me....

Then playing Rooney off position was another shocker!!! Seen Rooney played on the left side b4 but not on the right... It minimises Rooney influences on the game and I can fully understand his frustration!!! Then without any good supporting in the middle, Scholesy hv had lotsa mistakes as well... Very unusual to me as he is always 1 of the most consistence player in our team... Then hv you guyz seen such a bad performance from our Evra b4?! Mmm... Hahaha... He just didnt contribute to any of our attack as what we usually do...

Then here comes again, our keeper's blunder!!! How many times we have seen that last season?! How many times did VDS luckily escape the punishment last season?! Not this time in this big match, just cant understand with all his experiences and footballing knowledges, why he still 'choose' to b panic when that simple ball flied into his area?! Sigh!!! I just cant understand!!! :banghead:

I was thinking a draw was ok, but didnt expect us to lose the game when Giggsy made that mistake... Rio must b damn kao angry with both the keeper and Giggsy for their mistakes... LoLzzzzzzzzzz....

4 competitive games, 2 lost, a draw and a win... Not what we wanna and i believe SAF will sit down and solve this out soonest... But i like what i saw in the 1st 20 minutes of the game when Berba seems to settle down into our team nicely and he did posed lotsa headache to the Fool defence... He is big and is really what we need up front!!!

Balance, SAF just need to find a way to balance the team nicely and how he shld fit in all his attacking players into the team n concurs the world again!!! Playing Rooney on right just not gonna work... Hopefully Ronnie is coming back soon too...

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
i see the point of bringing giggsy in.
We definately lacked penetration,speed and ability to keep possession.
And obviously Tevez and Rooney aren't competent enough as out and out winger.

i would have said that instead of bringing Hargreaves in, what we should have done was to bring Fletcher in. His combative nature would have asserted our influence more in the centre than OH did.
Btw, wasn't sure if Fletcher wan on the bench though.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
To me, i think it shld b Fletcher starting the game than Anderson, so that Rooney can stay of the left and Fletcher with his willingness to chase n hassle opponents, will b 'flying on the right'!!! I think it will b a 'better' balance team... LoLzzzzzzzz... Sorry SAF!!! :biggrin: Yep, Fletcher was on the bench that day...

If wanna Giggsy to get on, i think 1 of Tevez or Rooney shld b taken off...

Without the stability in the middle, its hard for us to hv any penetration as we were always pinned back by Fool...

Any newz on Carrick as how long it will take him to recover from that ankle injury?!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
But all in all, i dun think Fool hv played above themselves to beat us... Its just a bad performance by our own to cause the lost... I think that's why we all were not too worry abt this lost, as we know once SAF solve his team problems, we will b back to the top!!! :biggrin:

cYBorG

1,000 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
OnEarth
Visit site
hurm.. i still cant accept y SAF used 4-3-3 tactic??? y dont he used 4-4-2 tactic where nani, park, gigsy, fabio, hargreaves, fletcher can play as winger.. plenty of option..

berba should be play as top striker but last game i saw him on d left/right sometime at our own half field..

Last edited:

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
if you've been following man utd, it;s been ages since we last employed 442
thoughout last season, it was 433 all the way, or 451, whichever way u wan to put it.

our system has always been about rotation, no specific player on a specific position.
that's what classic dutch total football is all about.

cYBorG

1,000 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
OnEarth
Visit site
i know.. last he used 4-4-2 during van nistelroy.. but with berba with us, we should employ 4-4-2 formation where rooney act as backup striker and berba as a top striker.. :biggrin:

just my-2-cent

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I own a 1987 MB 190E 2.0 I wanna know where I can find mods and bodykits 4 this car. 2.0 isn't enough. haha hope that you guys can help me mod my car the 'German' way
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience