Manchester united football club

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
Guys, ManUtd Newsletter. Enjoy :burnout:

WE'RE CHAMPIONS: SIR ALEX ECSTATIC

Sir Alex Ferguson is delighted after landing his 10th Barclays Premier League title as United boss. This is what he said in his first post-match interview at Wigan:

Was this the toughest title race so far?
“It was a tough one all right and being away from home made it more difficult. In fairness for most of the game we played well. There were some nervous moments and then the rain came, anything can happen on a rainy surface. Just after half-time we started to get a grip of it. We missed a few chances and the goalkeeper made some great saves. I was saying to myself, “please give us that second goal.†Of course, my oldest player, ten medals today, gets it – Ryan Giggs. Fantastic."

How nervous were you when Chelsea went 1-0 up?
“There was a guy behind us who kept telling us it was 2-0 to Chelsea after one minute. You’ve got to try and dismiss all the stuff round about you, forget what was happening at Chelsea and concentrate on our own game. I think we did that."

What would you regard as the turning point in the title race?
"It ebbed and flowed a bit. Arsenal, for long periods, looked like they were going to win it. Then they dropped a few points after we knocked them out of the FA Cup and that told for them. We then dropped a few points at Blackburn and Middlesbrough and that allowed Chelsea to close right in. But the two points Chelsea dropped against Wigan probably won the title for us."

How does it feel to have won 10 titles?
"Fantastic. I’m very proud. Proud to have survived for so long. It’s a great club and it’s much easier for me than it is for anyone else. How would I do without this? Tell me."

What impact will winning the title have on the Champions League final?
"The great thing is we’re bouncing into the final. We can look forward to it. If we’d lost the title today, it would have been difficult. When we lost the title at West Ham in 1995, we lost the FA Cup final the following week. We were dead then. We’re not dead now, we’re alive. If we win the European Cup, this has to be my best team."

Video reaction:
Rio Ferdinand // Sir Alex Ferguson // Ryan Giggs
Image gallery: Title celebrations

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES

United's tenth Premier League title means so much to so many people. Here is a selection of quotes which capture the mood...

"It feels great. I'm not bothered about individual records, this is what it’s all about – championships." - Ryan Giggs

"This is my third title but it’s Giggsy’s tenth and that puts it into perspective. He keeps driving on every season and that’s an inspiration to all the lads." - Rio Ferdinand

“The pressure was high, but we believed in ourselves and we deserve to win the title, definitely." - Cristiano Ronaldo

"Alex Ferguson’s record is simply sensational. The man is a genius. And if there's anyone I would have liked to equal my record, it’s Ryan Giggs. He’s a credit to his family, the club, the game and himself." - Sir Bobby Charlton

"We knew that coming into the last two games, if we got six points we’d be champions. We could see the finish line. It was in our hands and we weren’t going to let it slip. We were so determined to retain the title." - Wayne Rooney

"I think [equalling Liverpool's] 18 titles will come. This side’s young. It’s developing all the time. It’s a good young team and there are plenty of years left in them. They’ll do it in their own time." - Sir Alex Ferguson

TEN KEYS TO TITLE SUCCESS

Red View puts forward 10 reasons why United are Premier League champions for the 10th time…

Home Rule
Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken in recent seasons about the need to re-establish Old Trafford as a fortress. It's safe to say that mission has been accomplished this term. Aside from Reading's opening day bore draw and the horror of February's defeat to Manchester City, United have beaten all comers in M16, winning 17 out of 19 games.

Leaving It Late
Opposing teams expect to be on the rack in the closing stages of games, and stats show that United are at their deadliest in the final 15 minutes of games. Most telling in this season’s title race were two dramatic strikes from Carlos Tevez - a tap-in at Tottenham and a priceless header at Blackburn in April.

That Boy Ronaldo
While the winger himself is ever-eager to point out that it’s not a one-man show, United fans have been privileged to watch a genius at work this season. Almost always at his unplayable best, Ronaldo has plundered goal after goal, overtaking records in the same way he plays - left, right and centre.

Defence
For all the plaudits lavished upon the Reds’ star-studded attack, the platform for this season’s success has been built on a miserly defensive record. Despite being without skipper Gary Neville all season, United’s backline registered 20 domestic clean sheets - the finest defensive record in the Premier League.

Big Game Hunters
Until April's defeat at Stamford Bridge, United's record against the members of the 'Big Four' was almost unblemished. Ever able to raise themselves for the big games, the Reds beat Liverpool twice, took four points off Arsenal and beat Chelsea at OT, taking 13 points from a possible 18.

New Boys
The near-instant assimilation of four summer arrivals was key to United’s title triumph. The young Portuguese-based Anderson and Nani proved themselves as players for now, not just the future, while the more experienced Hargreaves and Tevez were integral to the Reds' late-season surge.

Squad Depth
Last season’s bid for a second Treble was left in tatters by injuries. Eager to avoid a repeat, Sir Alex made new signings and brought back a host of youngsters to bolster his squad. The move worked wonders, with every squad member contributing when injuries hit – just recall Ben Foster’s heroics at Derby for example.

Experience
For all the free-spirited youthfulness of United’s play, the calmness of some sage old heads has been an influential factor. Off the field, Sir Alex Ferguson and his coaching staff have been there, done it enough times to keep everybody grounded, while experienced players like Rio Ferdinand, Edwin van der Sar, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs brought vital know-how at fraught times.

Bouncing Back
The mark of champions is to respond positively to setbacks, which is exactly what United did all season. Every time questions were posed by a domestic defeat – Manchester City (twice), Bolton, West Ham, Chelsea – the Reds responded with a victory.

Attack, Attack, Attack
Much was made of the contrast in the title chasers’ styles. Pragmatic, robotic Chelsea doing battle with swashbuckling, easy-on-the-eye United for the grand prize. Had the rivals finished on the same number of points, then goal difference would have won it for the free-scoring Reds.

WIN A TRIP TO MOSCOW!

ManUtd.com is giving away a pair of tickets and two flights to the UEFA Champions League, to four lucky winners!

For more details and to enter, please login here. Closes 15:30 BST Monday 12 May.

cYBorG

1,000 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
OnEarth
Visit site
chelshit ave been comfirm signing bosigwa from porto about 16M.. sad for SAF.. nvd.. still got a lot of potential signing out there SAF.. go man utd go.. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lopot

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
K.L
Visit site
Damm chelshit.....always snap the player we want to buy at last minutes. I still can't forget when they snap Essien from us. What a great player he turn out to be. Now Bosingwa....aiihhh.....i hope he just become a so-so player only.

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
feel chelshit is like the dbkl.........everything mau mau mau.......wtf......

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Everything United mau, Chelsea mau. Because not only will they get a good player, they want to make sure we don't.

But its ok...there's still a lot of other good fullbacks around. Besides, the way we've done business last summer, tells me that if we had really wanted Bosingwa...we would have got him and nobody would have known much about it.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I was damn kao shocked and Tulan as well when i heard Bosingwa hv signed a deal with Chelshit!!! But am cool now as we hv turn our attention to an even better choice!!! Dani Alves and Luis Fabiano, both from Sevilla!!! With Bosingwa heading to Chelshit, sure they do not need another RB... So, it opens the door for us on the duo!!! 30mil + for the duo will b a great price!!! My favourate suppose to b Benzema but he alone oredi causing that much dy... So, i rather SAF go for the Sevilla duo!!! Mmm.. Or mayb SAF do hv others in his mind and this 2 are another smoke screen?! LoLzzzzzzzzzzzz... :biggrin:

Great that D. Gill have back SAF up in the summer transfer, so it all depends on SAF as to who he wanna buy now... 2 more Brazillians from Sevilla?! Then we gonna hv 6 in total if both them make the move!!! Hahaha... But who cares as long as we win all trophies!!!

Bordeaux have made a bid for our Silvestre... But i think he is worth to keep now as he is the onli cover for Evra as i do not think Sheasy is a better choice than him at LB to back up Evra... Any other player from our squad can play for us at LB?! RB, we have many... Hargo, Sheasy, Evans, Pique, Simpson, Neville and Brown!!!

I really got a feeling that some of our current players might leave us... Fringe players... Someone like Butty and P. Neville type... Mmm...

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
BPL champion: Man United
Primera Liga champion: Real Madrid

BPL champion: Arsenal
Primera Liga champion: Valencia

BPL champion: Arsenal
Primera Liga champion: Valencia

BPL champion: Chelsea
Primera Liga champion: Barcelona

BPL champion: Chelsea
Primera Liga champion: Barcelona

Hahaha... Look at this guyz, its strange how things just happened like that, right? Cool stats!!!

:party::party::party:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
I was damn kao shocked and Tulan as well when i heard Bosingwa hv signed a deal with Chelshit!!! But am cool now as we hv turn our attention to an even better choice!!! Dani Alves and Luis Fabiano, both from Sevilla!!! With Bosingwa heading to Chelshit, sure they do not need another RB... So, it opens the door for us on the duo!!! 30mil + for the duo will b a great price!!! My favourate suppose to b Benzema but he alone oredi causing that much dy... So, i rather SAF go for the Sevilla duo!!! Mmm.. Or mayb SAF do hv others in his mind and this 2 are another smoke screen?! LoLzzzzzzzzzzzz... :biggrin:

Great that D. Gill have back SAF up in the summer transfer, so it all depends on SAF as to who he wanna buy now... 2 more Brazillians from Sevilla?! Then we gonna hv 6 in total if both them make the move!!! Hahaha... But who cares as long as we win all trophies!!!

Bordeaux have made a bid for our Silvestre... But i think he is worth to keep now as he is the onli cover for Evra as i do not think Sheasy is a better choice than him at LB to back up Evra... Any other player from our squad can play for us at LB?! RB, we have many... Hargo, Sheasy, Evans, Pique, Simpson, Neville and Brown!!!

I really got a feeling that some of our current players might leave us... Fringe players... Someone like Butty and P. Neville type... Mmm...
ryan giggs maybe? hahahaha.

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
gigsy?? hahaha.. which club r trying to pancing him?? :hmmmm:
i hope he'll just retire.. so that his name remain as legend :biggrin:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Giggsy will never leave ManUtd!!! :biggrin: As a player, I love him a lot... Just that this season his performance have been way below par!!! But all in all, SAF will not allow him to leave as Giggsy has accepted a pay cut to stay with us for this and next season... He will be with us as a player next, then as a coach just like Brain McClair!!! But not too sure abt Scholesy as after he retired from ManUtd mayb another 2 season, what he will love to do... He is a quiet person, so i guess he will wanna to enjoy his personal life more... Mmm... What a superb dream, retired at the age of 3x with multi millions pound to spend!!! Wah lan eh...

Mmm... Heard that Terry, Drogbar and Callvahno r fighting fit to face us in the ECL final... I think this might b a good sign for us, as they might not b 100% fully prepare!!!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Errr... Do any 1 remember that we once was link to Vidic national teammate defensive partner?! What his name again?! Ivanov or something?! Then that cibai Chelshit got him... But hell, never seen him play once for them?! Huh?! Just buy and keep?! Mmm... Pls, Pls RA, Pls buy Titus Bramble, M. Owen, Senderos, Riise n etc... It will b 1 hell of a collection for ur team!!! Am sure AG will b a great fren with them!!!

:party:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
There is another fresh crap paper talk saying that Ronnie not sure if he is gonna stay with ManUtd... Cibai RM keep saying they wanna to buy Ronnie and this is very disgusting!!! RM said they r able to table a 100mil pounds for Ronnie!!!

100mil pounds for a player is crazy!!! And they r willing to offer Ronnie a 200,000 pounds salary a week!!! Sigh!!! They r so damn kao desperate!!!

With tht 100mil pounds, how many world class players we can get huh?! Benzema + D. Alves + Fabiano + Micah Ricards + Veloso?! LoLzzzzzzzzzzz... :biggrin: CRAZY!!!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Well having the money doesn't necessarily equate to getting the player you want. So selling Ronaldo for 100 million doesn't mean you will get adequate or better replacements.

Ronnie is priceless. There is no way United will sell. Fergie will not allow it. And Ronnie has stated many times that he is very happy at United and wants to become a legend.

He may leave when he feels he has done it all at United and wants a fresh challenge but that won't be too soon.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Silver and all ManUtd fans,

What u all think abt the ECL Final?! Any favour formation and team for it?! Getting very excited as the Big day is nearing soon...

Lotsa rumours saying RA will do his BEST to make sure his team win at his own country - Russia... But, i hv heard abt RA political enermies will do their BEST too, in order to deny his team win in Russia!!! LoLzzzzzzzzzzz... We all know what Russia is as a country, so anything is possible!!!! What u guyz thought?!

Someone said, a Russian team won in Manchester in Europe (UEFA Cup) few days back so it will be a Manchester team to win it at Russia next week in Europe (ECL)!!! LoLzzzzzzzzzzzz...

:party::party::party:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Sifu,

Please throw some light on me as I don't understand how "ignition coil" convert voltage. Let's say:-

1. Power input is 12vdc, coil ratio is 100:1 but the ignition coil output becomes about 24kv.

2. CDI output of 350vdc is sent to the input of ignition coil with 100:1 ratio but the ignition coil output becomes about 50kv.

Regards.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience