Manchester united football club

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
It wil b Spurs v Chelsea in the League Cup Final... I'll b going for Spurs in the Final as i think they deserve to win something after 2-3 yrs of building their team... Hopefully Juande Ramos wil perform his magic again in the Final...

Besides, our FA Cup tie with Spurs this Sun wil b a very interesting 1... With Pompey game coming up on next Wed, SAF wil b hving his eye on tht 1 too... So he wil b rotating his team a bit for the Spurs game... With sending out a strong team in the last round against Villa, i hope to see SAF do the same this Sun...

Hope to see Anderson & Hargreaves back to the starting line up with Nani getting a game too... Yum Yum!!!

speedy3210,

Yo bro, welcome on board!!! Hehehe... :biggrin: Nice to see u finally posting here!!! Cheers!!!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
For all your information, v wil b playing Spurs at hom this Sun for FA Cup 4th round, then Pompey at Hom midweek for EPL match and Spurs again away for EPL game...

So v r gonna face Spurs twice in a wk... So hopefully SAF get his game plan ready, n go for maximum points!!! Hahaha... :biggrin: Its a tough wk ahead, but no doubt a very challenging 1... Am looking forwards to it!!! Time for all our players to show others tht v r the Champions in the making again!!! GGMU!!!

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
It's a good time to face Pompey now i suppose cos they are relatively weakened by the ANC
but we must not underestimate them as well.

Lopot

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
K.L
Visit site
Tough game ahead and tight schedule. Hope our player can maintain their fitness. Pompey also cannot be taken lightly.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
actually none of the teams can be taken for granted... especially if every under dog teams start playing like Reading... its sure going to be difficult.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
As for the Spurs game, 3 players v got to pay extra attention of - Berbatov, Keane & Jenas... The 1st 2, am not too worry as i think Rio & Vida can do a better job than the Chelsea defenders where the Spurs strikers were hardly being realised on the pitch...

In midfield, v gotto stick someone on Jenas n prevent him from dictating their game... For this job, i think Hargreaves is the most suitable man... Once v r able to control the midfield, v stand a great chance to win the game...

Their defence seems to hv improved a lot as they 'onli' allow a single goal against AFC, which is very good... So i hope SAF wil field a strong attacking players to get us the goals... Hopefully Tevez, Rooney & Ronnie wil b all playing...

Kill the game as early as possible then onli resting important players... For the FA Cup game, am going for a 4-2 win for ManUtd... If in the EPL, i'll go for a 2-0 win...

Lopot

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
K.L
Visit site
Good result (even though sometimes our back four look a bit shaky). Great to see my all time favorite idol, scholesy is back in action. Seems he havent lost his touch. Still have his great passing and eyes for goals.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Great game from both sides in yest FA Cup tie @ Old Toilet... When the starting lineup displayed for ManUtd, i was a bit shock as there was no Vida on the team & it was Sheasy who were being drafted in... Wow, r v gonna lose this game by a mistake from 1 of our defender (to me, it is either from Brown or Sheasy)??? But thankfully tht all our players played well yest especially Brown for coming down hard on both Berbatov & Keane!!!

I think Hargo hv had a pretty good game, give him 2-3 more games he wil b back to his BEST!!! I jus luv the way he broke up opponent play, and his passing is getting better too... Hahaha... :biggrin:

Glad tht Scholesy is back, and back to his normal self too... The way he played a lousy cibai casual pass to our player jus outside our own box and Spurs intercepted it (Spurs were pressing hard for an equaliser then) n causing us all sort of problems... I knew tht Scholesy is BACK!!! Hahaha... Welcome back!!!

Great tht v fought back from a goal down to win it 3-1, especially against a team tht is on their way 'up' according to SAF... Its a big win for us and hopefully this wil kick start our bz schedule again with a winning runs...

Best player to me for this match is Tevez!!! When both Rooney (off shape) n Ronnie (tightly marked) werent doing what they shld b doing, Tevez is the 1 tht run tirelessly as always n fight for every ball!!! Was damn relieve when he scored he equaliser for us!!! Nice!!!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Good win lads, but Spurs were good value for it and were only let down by Jenas' shitty finishing. We were a bit exposed at the back (which I will explain below) but our forward play was still pretty good, although it was against a dodgy Spurs defence. And we still make bad decisions in the final third. Execution is way too sloppy. Needs more sharpness.

Okay, back to the exposed defence. I'll start by posing a question, Storm; why did you think Hargreaves had a good game? He did show good energy and hustling, he also got the ball back several times BUT (big but) his positioning and awareness was WAYYYYYYYYYY suspect. The defence was exposed on a number of ocasions, notably on Jenas' two clean breakaways thanks to Hargo going missing someplace else. Bad, bad mistakes from someone who is supposed to shield our defence and Rio rightfully gave Hargreaves an earful after Jenas somehow inexplicably missed a glorious opportunity.

As you can see, I'm still unconvinced by Hargreaves display. His positioning and awareness is very suspect, he goes on wild goose chases after anyone with the ball, many times leaving a BIG WIDE CHASM in the midfield for the opponents to exploit. Thankfully, we only had to contend with Jenas. Much much to improve, as his MAIN role is to defend and shield the back four. Too much running around WILDLY trying to win the ball. I'm very disappointed to say the least.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
silver,

Yeah, i got what u means abt Hargo... Why i said he hv a good game, as i was comparing this performance to his last 1... There was some improvement... I think SAF shld tell Hargo to stay behind the ball n play his game jus right in front of the back 4 as he did earlier in the season... For the past 2 games, me too realised tht he made the forwards run way too many times n yep, it did exposed our defence badly...

I think it must b some coaching advises from someone within who hv been encouraging him to pour forwards in order to hv a hand in our attacking play... Am sure SAF & his coaching staffs must hv see this mistake by now, n hopefully they can ask Hargo to do what he shld hv done in his next match - Stay back n protect the back 4!!!

Jenas hv had 2 great chances to score, and to me our defenders hv to b responsible for it too... If its Rio & Vida at the back, i believe v would hv been much better in such a situation...

Besides, i think Evra form dip a bit too... He isnt as confident as he was used to when he move forwards n attack...

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
It was a big Gamble for Juande Ramos in giving his 18 yr old RB de debut yest... As Ronnie shifted to the left side n exposed his lack of experience by cutting in from wide left n scored our 3rd goal of the game n eventually killing off the game for Spurs...

But i salute Ramos for getting in Defoe & Boetang in order to give it a go even they were 2-1 down with a player less... They kept attacking us until Ronnie get his 2nd goal of the game...

Bravo!!! I think Ramos is a very good manager for Spurs!!!

As for the penalty, i think it shld b a straight RED!!! If Dowson didnt used his hand, Rooney wil hv score from there as his 1st touch was great where he brings down the ball... Nothing to argue abt tht...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Evra had a real problem dealing with Aaron Lennon's pace. I think it must be the first time Evra was found wanting for pace against an opposing winger. I could see why Fergie subbed him, he was knackered by that time, trying to chase little Lennon. That boy could run.

No doubt Juande Ramos is a decent manager, just look at his track record. But really, it was a cup tie and they were losing. He'd be stupid not to throw caution to the wind and go for broke.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Guyz,

Can anyone confirm tht there is NO live game on Astro for ManUtd v Portsmouth this wed/thur Msia time? I was shock when i read The Star Friday Football special, this ManUtd game is not going live on Astro... Wah lan eh... Sure boh?! No live game for ManUtd???

Can anyone confirm? Or is it The Star made a mistake?

Thanks... I need to know in order to watch it...

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
sad i did not really get to watch the match yesterday...
only managed to catch a few glimpses of it.
But from what i saw, i think Brown was quite a shite yesterday.

The first goal, Evra did not stop Lennon.
And the cross went past 3 of our defenders - Evra, Brown and Ferdinand. If you include VDS, that would be 4 of our players.
And that's a pretty bad goal. Brown should have stopped it and instead he just watched it flew by. Not sure if Vida would have intercepted it.

And therafter, right before half time, the Jenas chance, again, Brown misjudged his challenge and Keane was able to make the pass.
Then, the Berbatov chance that hit the upright. Brown was marking him as well.

Other than that, i have to say i don't even know who was in our starting line up.
We shall prepare ourselves more throughly for the White Hart Lane clash.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hope this post will answer some of your questions in mind.

Where is it suppose to be connected?

I had a debate with a friend of mine who question my OCT connection which I installed recently. I had connected it in between the driver side head cover outlet (PCV?) & to the manifold. Is the installation correct? I think it is if according to this post ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience