Lighten Crank Pulley

• Thread starter badaveil
  • Start date
  • Replies 88
  • Views 13K
  • See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
guys, i need help
i bought and installed a crank pulley, not mythelogy, from kakimotor for rm270 for my 4g13
my prob is there is a weird loud clanking sound i noticed when i reached home.So today im afraid to driv the car, waitin for tomorrow to go back to my mechanic in sunway.
Any suggestions/?
thanx

- belts not properly tighten.
- slippery aluminum surface finishing.
- undampened

BTW, we have tested a "generic" pulley for 4G15. It gave this.

drexchan said:
Finally, after months of collaboration with Mythelogy, a performance crank pulley for the Proton 4G13P and 4G15P engines equipped with Siemens VDO (SVDO) EMS is here.

Last dyno (7 Apr 2006):
(with OEM pulley, Advanti 15x6.5jj 5-spoke rims, clean K&N filter, muffler in good condition)
82HP, 110 Nm

Latest dyno (15 Nov 2006):
(with Mythelogy pulley, Titan Racing 15x6.5jj 6-spoke rims, dirty K&N filter, cracked muffler)*
82.8HP, 113.4Nm (+0.8HP, +3.4Nm)

My 31-month old Wira 1.5 (4G15 SVDO)

I am expecting at least 5Nm and 2-3 HP of gain on the wheels should have I did a run prior to the installation. That will definitely show the actual difference.

For more details and explainations: http://drexchan.fotopic.net/c1137619.html

Thank you, very much for the dyno results. I must say it's very impressive so now, as for me, it's a question of commitments.:sad_smile:

if lighter, wont it sacrifice low end torque??? (mean u need to always hi rev for launching?)

donCityZ said:
if lighter, wont it sacrifice low end torque??? (mean u need to always hi rev for launching?)
Bro, check the dyno graph. It improves the torque throughout the range (even with my cracked muffler and dirty K&N filter.

The car doesn't run on the momentum of the pulley. By lightening and undersizing it, more torque in released to the wheel.

My experience is that, i DON'T need to press so hard as the car feels much lighter.

drex.. so ur pulley is light AND smaller too?
If smaller too, i can understand the torque gained from it.

from wer u buy this crank pulley?

prob solved...it needs an integrated washer, that holds all 4 smaller nuts, and the centre nut together, then theres nomore sound
thanx guys..btw, realy can feel the difference in acceleration

boy,

Did you ask the installer why the washer was needed?
Does your stock pulley has the washer?

I am also interested in knowing if your engine noise is still the same.

u c bro, mine is a left hand driv satria, export model, my ori pulley is totally diff from the local ones, so theres no 4 smaller nuts pun, just one centre nut, with rubbber damper
the lighten one looks like those occupying the local satrias, excepr for the alloy material, so he had to go buy the washer..then there's nomore noise

drexchan

Considering that the crank pulley mod isn't that cheap (to me, that is), do you agree that Alexklg's comment to "Go for intake, then exhaust then ignition. after that, think of other stuff..." is a more staggered and pragmatic approach for people with shoe-string budget?

boyburhan,
Ic Ic. Thanks!

badaveil,
Well i guess it's model dependent. I have done the intake, exhaust and ignition. The crank pulley however gave me the most obvious improvement. HOwever, it's also the most expensive modification i have done.

After all, it depends on the buyer to decide. Right? ;)

Last edited:
drex.. u selling the mytheology crank pulley?
are urs same size as stock pulley?

for most of the models: same size.
for mitsubishi/proton 4G13/15: smaller (5% undersized) because these engines are too under powered.. haha!

so urs is undersized. that explains the dyno improvement.. so its really worth every penny for wira/satria pulley changing. if same size, i wont buy it.

donCityZ said:
so urs is undersized. that explains the dyno improvement.. so its really worth every penny for wira/satria pulley changing. if same size, i wont buy it.
Well, without undersizing, the rotation mass is still lighter. It improves the acceleration as well mar. Just like light weight alloy wheels lar. Compare SPOON and JRD.. same 15" but the car accelerate faster with the SPOON. Same theory lor.

hmm.. light rims cant be compared to crank pulley.
crank pulley turns even when car not moving..

donCityZ said:
hmm.. light rims cant be compared to crank pulley.
crank pulley turns even when car not moving..
hmm... we only care how fast it turns when the car is moving, aren't we?

Top Bottom