Light weight crank pulley good or bad

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
lcp and decrease top speed....never end story,why that people very worried about that....no problem with the top speed laa....it will shorten the time to reach top speed...:smokin:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
ATI is what company?where is that? have any contact number?

Bump:

Find the whole sunway dont have LCP for FTO:bawling: any one can help?
u can try to call SS Racing...

Bump:
ATI is what company?where is that? have any contact number?

Bump:

Find the whole sunway dont have LCP for FTO:bawling: any one can help?
lcp and decrease top speed....never end story,why that people very worried about that....no problem with the top speed laa....it will shorten the time to reach top speed...:smokin:
another pro point:smokin:... great bro...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
guys is there any of us from engineer background?

as we know there is a crank pulley price at RM600+

as they claim the rubber damper help to absorb and dissipate the vibration.

material use by this crank pulley is T6 6061 aluminium alloy, as we all know this material is light and very strong(stiff)

does this rubber damper really works? how long this rubber can last....

most of the aftermarket maker is use full alloy

i'm not complain their product but just feel abit over price....
All of our oem crank pulley have built in damper for damping and impact purpose. Like everybody knows, OEM designed stuff are meant for reliability. However, some of the market does not include the damper in their LCP due to cost reduction for better competition of market price. But some of them do, like metheodogy(spelling correct kah...?) Which is why makes it expensive.

Without the damper, things still works. But watch ur crank/pulley lar...

Too light Crank Pulley/flywheel will makes the rev drop faster... So, it does not effect the top speed. Just that it drops faster without stepping on the accelerator. This is also due to the lose of inertia on the crank/flywheel.

Thats all.

Last edited:

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
i agree with installing LCP but not lightened flywheel .... top speed very sluggish ..... i would recomend super touring with LCP .... after LCP comes in torque increase by 15-20% ....

dainese

Sep 2, 2008
I've driven my B18c engined car for 4 years with lcp installed. The only effect I got so far is more torque. Yes bro's...lcp or lightweight flywheel are not a power adder. You wanna increase your hp go play with your block, head, cams, and stuffs blablabla. But these so called 'junkies' (lcp/lfw/racing clutch/gbox ratios) are really works for making more torques. In drag tournament torque is the king..not peak horsepower (sorry hp freaks...just wanna make your eyes widen:biggrin:).

Yes...hp is an important thing...but the thing is..how let say..200hp on your engine being delivered to the wheel? With lcp, lfw, gbox ratios you can transfer/convert almost 80%-90% of you engine's potential power to the wheels. Ever wondering why your dyno result is far down below than what's stated in your car's spec sheet? Doesn't that clicks your brain gentlemen? How much/fast your engine hp being transferred to the wheel lately?:driver:

waaaa..good explaination la bro...

i got one story

hehe..my fren got an eg 1.6 single cam non vtec, all std engine part excepts for lightweight MAIN PULLEY ONLY (not all those pulleys)...

then after a month using it, he realised that his 4th gear could hold untill 170kmh (not like before, and he could hold it long (the gear seems like not "mengerang") so he can hold to 4th gear way too long before he change it to 5th gear..

since this happens..he tested with 4g93p (with hi cam and a little mod here and there)... up to 4th gear he could follow the car in few inches (170~180kmh)then when the 4g93p seems not gaining speed aggresively, he just overtake and then his 5th gear (210~220kmh)just smoothly left that 4g93p alone...

this happened last week...

dainese

Sep 2, 2008
the 4g93 got speed cut kaa =p
not so sure la..

but compare to the 4g93p(1.8) with hi cam,port n polish +few more mod with EG 1.6 singlecam non-vtec all std-no mod except main pulley .......

the owner of 4g93p really mad and he said want to mod some more and repeat with that eg....

actually my fren driving that eg also afraid that he might lost, surely the power is on 4g93p at 1st~4th gear...but that eg is playing tactical gear shift and he had only one advantage...his 4th gear can go up to the end of the meter

skylee834

Known Member
Feb 8, 2008
my story,change the smaller size lighten main pulley:the engine got very good response..i have lighten my flywheel until lighter then stock kancil flywheel..so b4 install the pulley already got vibration.after install racing clutch,even worst.but the torque are more better than b4.b4 this when climb up,u feel ur engine hard to climb need to high rev,but now very easy to climb,...for the top speed affect,i not sure cos normally i play pick-up only..about rev :drop from 1 st gear 8k rpm to 5.5k rpm..i think is quite ok cos i didn;t hold the pedal..just my sharing....my car 4G91...pulley w/o dumper...but really very worth modification thing.

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
worth it just apply to w/o damper(around Rm 300) or with damper also (RM 600++) ?:itsme:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
my story,change the smaller size lighten main pulley:the engine got very good response..i have lighten my flywheel until lighter then stock kancil flywheel..so b4 install the pulley already got vibration.after install racing clutch,even worst.but the torque are more better than b4.b4 this when climb up,u feel ur engine hard to climb need to high rev,but now very easy to climb,...for the top speed affect,i not sure cos normally i play pick-up only..about rev :drop from 1 st gear 8k rpm to 5.5k rpm..i think is quite ok cos i didn;t hold the pedal..just my sharing....my car 4G91...pulley w/o dumper...but really very worth modification thing.

he said worth even without damper

jaynian

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
Butterworth
I read an artical from Magazine. The LCP will only reduce the time to reach the speed. if u play drag then useful for u. small cc car normaly not so 'feel' one. LCP will not affect the rev. rev is depent on the flywheel..

correct me if wrong..

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
waaaa..good explaination la bro...

i got one story

hehe..my fren got an eg 1.6 single cam non vtec, all std engine part excepts for lightweight MAIN PULLEY ONLY (not all those pulleys)...

then after a month using it, he realised that his 4th gear could hold untill 170kmh (not like before, and he could hold it long (the gear seems like not "mengerang") so he can hold to 4th gear way too long before he change it to 5th gear..

since this happens..he tested with 4g93p (with hi cam and a little mod here and there)... up to 4th gear he could follow the car in few inches (170~180kmh)then when the 4g93p seems not gaining speed aggresively, he just overtake and then his 5th gear (210~220kmh)just smoothly left that 4g93p alone...

this happened last week...
For your info, gear drop will NOT be effected by flywheel or whatever pulley. Only the individual gear ratio & final drive do. Racing flywheel will make the RPM to go up or drop faster, it won't change the amount of rpm drop or rpm gain.

TomHaRA

Mar 30, 2006
emm..one question:

can the LCP change the RPM of my engine. for example:

at 110km/h @ 3000rpm

can the rpm drop to 2500rpm @ 110km/h by changing the lcp. if not, any idea. the high rev consume more fuel lor..hehe..i want more speed with low fc.

rgds:confused:

Bump: emm..one question:

can the LCP change the RPM of my engine. for example:

at 110km/h @ 3000rpm

can the rpm drop to 2500rpm @ 110km/h by changing the lcp. if not, any idea. the high rev consume more fuel lor..hehe..i want more speed with low fc.

rgds:confused:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
nop, wont happen

unless u mess around with ur gear ratios / final drive

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
if can drop like that... no 1 complain bout LCP edy... every 1 oso save petrol..

Bump: if can drop like that... no 1 complain bout LCP edy... every 1 oso save petrol..

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
i wan to ask if install the LCP, how to make sure it don hurt other engine parts in the future??

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i wan to ask if install the LCP, how to make sure it don hurt other engine parts in the future??
then u can only in future... no1 can answer u...