Lifespan of Tyres ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So that can have slight tail happy at the rear for easy 180 degrees turn?
Speaking of tail happy - has anyone tried using the UR rear upper room bar? On my aeroback it made it so tail happy even with 4 new PP2 tyres it would slide very easily just with a little provocation. It's probably a combination of a few things but i got more grip without the bar.

And PP2 tyre lifespan is quite short. A year at most if city conservative driving. But grip and comfort levels is unparalleled.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Speaking of tail happy - has anyone tried using the UR rear upper room bar? On my aeroback it made it so tail happy even with 4 new PP2 tyres it would slide very easily just with a little provocation. It's probably a combination of a few things but i got more grip without the bar.

And PP2 tyre lifespan is quite short. A year at most if city conservative driving. But grip and comfort levels is unparalleled.
Wow bro, you found PP2? Getting rare, I heard from the workshop I went, now they are just gonna bore down to only 1 size left. 165/55/14 So meaning to say only for Kelisa? :stoned:

Traction AA, lifespan wont be long if we are the type that tekan, tekan...but very good grip in both wet and dry. Comfort levels, to me is comfortable :smile:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
funny thing is....my yoko parada spec.2 tyre 195/50-15....front tyre only lasted 6month down till became full slick tyre.....

but rear tyre this year going into 3rd year and still plenty of thread...more than 70% left....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wow bro, you found PP2? Getting rare, I heard from the workshop I went, now they are just gonna bore down to only 1 size left. 165/55/14 So meaning to say only for Kelisa? :stoned:

Traction AA, lifespan wont be long if we are the type that tekan, tekan...but very good grip in both wet and dry. Comfort levels, to me is comfortable :smile:
No ah. I'm talking about waaaaaaaay back then. I think my PP2 was one of the last batches of new tyres before it was replaced with PS3. The rear upper room bar is old and the characteristic of the car was tested and tried loooooooong loooooong ago. No like.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No ah. I'm talking about waaaaaaaay back then. I think my PP2 was one of the last batches of new tyres before it was replaced with PS3. The rear upper room bar is old and the characteristic of the car was tested and tried loooooooong loooooong ago. No like.
Oh, was wondering where u got those PP2s since my mech adi told me no more in production for other size except 165/55/14 :biggrin:

Expensive but not even once regretted it. :smile:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
funny thing is....my yoko parada spec.2 tyre 195/50-15....front tyre only lasted 6month down till became full slick tyre.....

but rear tyre this year going into 3rd year and still plenty of thread...more than 70% left....
Yours is FWD, right? Then front wears faster by almost 3 to 4 times over the rears, that is why if doing 2 tyre change, the new should go to the rears. Old to the front to finish off....unless you are using different size tyres for front and rear...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Yours is FWD, right? Then front wears faster by almost 3 to 4 times over the rears, that is why if doing 2 tyre change, the new should go to the rears. Old to the front to finish off....unless you are using different size tyres for front and rear...

kenot do rotation....since my rims got different offset front and rear....

so i keep the old tyre at rear...maybe another year or two before changing them,,,,,

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

so i keep the old tyre at rear...maybe another year or two before changing them,,,,,
Different offset and width rims? What about tyres? If same size tyres, ask tyre shop to take out and transfer to front, and new fit to rear....:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Different offset and width rims? What about tyres? If same size tyres, ask tyre shop to take out and transfer to front, and new fit to rear....:biggrin:
currently not the same tyre size between front and rear.....

kind of i'm starting to like this setup...low profile rear with higher profile front.....

macam FWD drag car a bit :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Swap the tyres like what tayarking vr2turbo said.. and stretch them old tyres on the wider JJ!

:biggrin:

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey

it's the weight transfer. Less body roll causes less weight applies to the outer wheel(s) during the corners. Therefore, tires couldn't grip. u can find these info by searching oversteer/ understeer in google. In specific, there are corner entry, mid corner and corner exit oversteer.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So fixing UR bars got their disadvantages?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
normally..when fixing strengthen bars means u stiffen the body...(and apparently either stiffen the suspension or making it softer)

reason is stiffer: because the chasis no more flexing and rely fully on suspension....

reason is softer: because the chasis flexing wave/resonant changed into coincidentally become in harmony with suspension wave thus making it softer and comfort..

as per iszo experience oversteer after install rear bar because the chasis stiffen and now the suspension rely tyre grip alone to give the same amount of handling....especially when using thick profile tyre that allow more flexing....more stress on tyre....

same explaination when me using 8k front spring eating front tyre like no tomorrow compared to 6k front spring...

kyokonitori88

Nov 13, 2012
Osaka, Japan
Some tyres are designed to last for a lifetime,others for economy. It just depends on the quality of tires you purchase.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bought satria 2002, fuel injected, from 2nd hand car owner. I plan to go outstation to cameron from KL soon, so i need a fulls service to the car. I dunno much about car as this is my first car. What i did was i filled up the battery with battery water. I check the radiator water level it seems to contain some greenish stuff which i believe is coolant, it is attaching to the yellow metal cap which says do not open while its hot.

i do not plan to go to Authorised Servis Center mainly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience