License Plate Regulations

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kimmyboi

i justed want to ask if anyone out there knows the rules and regulations of a license plate. This is because i just recently modified my front bumper, but my whole bumper has no flat surface at all. So i was wondering if i can actually just get a white vinyl sticker with the letters and numbers on it instead since my car is black. Or is this illegal?

erm..accordin to jpj rule...the background for the number plate..is black..and numbers must b white...others no say..guess u can jst stick on ur car lo...black and white ba...lol...if jpj kacau..tell him no flat surface..dunno stick where..lol..

hmm...basically what i know is that it has to be black background. fonts must be according to size, spec & white. spacing between letters must also be adhered too.

as long as it meets those basic requirement, i dun see any harm. coz i've seen exotic cars n bikes do that.

but then...the law is still the law.... u can check wit jpj for exact specs & regulations...coz they are the law

just my 2 cents

zinc/iron plate numbers can or not?

I kena stopped by police b4 regarding my plate number. The alphabet & number must be xx inch ( i cant remember already) I didn't bother still use the same plate till now.

just stick a black sticker for background and stick the number on tpo of it lor if jpj kacau just say i got back ground mar lol....

as long as the number is visible at a certain range i think i should be ok ler..

Once you get the dimensions of the alphabet from the website, go to a sticker shop and get them to make the same size sticker and put it on your bumper.

BTW, what bumper is that till you can't mount a proper platenumber. Coz if its that round, even if you use sticker, it may not be that visible and JPJ will still give you a hard time.

Another alternative is fabricate a platenumber holder that will custom fit a rounded surface so that your flat plastic platenumber could sit on it.

Top Bottom