LECTURE ON MUFFLER SYSTEM... ...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
yes, before we set up the exhuast set, need to understand our's engine cam profile first .... so, when people voice out their opinion, of coz have point of view.
like Taiwanese set up exhuast system at GTI , 2 stage pipng was using to cover from low rpm until high rpm , this was included strong torque at low rpm and can push out max power when high rpm .
F1 won't have any exhuast system , just 5 in 1 x2 header then direct push out .. why ?? because they want good respond.. when gas pump out fast , engine will suck in fresh air fast . :lol:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i wanna ask about bullet/mid box. if im going to get torque at mid rpm, which ones better: bullet, mid box or neither? 1.0 3 cly. engine.

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
Originally posted by boggysv+Mar 19 2005, 23:04 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boggysv @ Mar 19 2005, 23:04 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-boyzone@Mar 15 2005, 20:14
actually exhuast will not help to increase power.. the objective of exhuast is to help gas can flow smooth and reduce noise. good exhuast will provide gas flow with smooth , less of the back pressure, so engine can work with normal condition; and provide max power of the engine.
[snapback]820572[/snapback]​
Almighty exhaust sifu,
If what you say is true, the best exhaust is no exhaust? :lol:

Try that on a engine that has a long valve overlap period and see what u get ;)
[snapback]823900[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

i don't think what boyzone said is entirely wrong. instead of saying "provide max power of the engine" he could have said, "release more potential from the engine". then everything else makes sense. read again, his first line would mean something like "exhaust will not actively increase power" (like what forced induction would do)

i don't remember any valve overlapping in the Otto cycle (4 stroke engine cycle). if u introduce a variable like that, he could bring in additional back pressure. he didn't say no back pressure at all, just less.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
The best muffler is no muffler at all... but then you'll be facing legal issues of your exhaust being too loud.

The purpose of the muffler is reduce sound.

rasco

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
shah alam/JB
comp.fsksm.utm.my
just get rid off my catalyzer.. now got sum smell.. isit the welding leaking? :huh:

night_stalker

Mar 24, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Try use big vtec muffler....they provide superb sound different from other cars sound. I use it for my wira totally stock.

P.S : And dun care bout how big is the inlet..although my inlet is 2'5 i still use it in 1.78' piping...n they create marvelous sound