• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rasco

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
shah alam/JB
comp.fsksm.utm.my
once read sumwhere.. can't remember..
if no exhaust.. mean loose of power because of losing backpressure (for na car.. turbo car got turbine so.. that created the backpressure.. and so they say, for turbo car.. the fast u let out the gas the better :lol: )

neway, for NA must need sum backpressure.. isit true or not?
cause from what i read in here.. less restriction of flow means more power.. :huh:

confius.. :unsure:

planning to get a PZ extractor :rolleyes: huhu..

btw.. PZ extrator + standard satria piping isit OK ?
currently not satisfied with car performance.. everytime push the acc, feel like sumthing holding back the car full potencial

p/s: mind my english.. not very good :lol:

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
lately i felt my car got some problem but dunno it's because of the exhaust piping or not... anyway, the problem is that i felt my engine's power kinda sucks big time. ok the situation is like this... when i step on the accelarator initial 3-4 seconds got good respond but then the engine sounds suddenly becomes less. It's like the engine out of air or something. The speed will still climb but it will take a longer period... sometimes when the road is slightly ascending the speed will even drop! Another thing is that sometimes when i am in over drive(4th gear) the gear will not go down to 3rd even when i FLOOR it! Even when the speed is dropping! Izzit because not enuf back pressure? sigh... when i first do my exhaust piping and extractor, i do not encounter such a problem wor... but now like this liao. My trip to Ipoh last weekend really sucks laaa... it's like flooring the pedal all the way to ipoh but only manage 140-150km/h!!! :(

for your info... my car is 4G92P auto... i'm using 4-2-1 extractor with 2" piping with sebring DTM end...

anyone can help me? :(

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
[attachmentid=43754]

This is the thesis what I get ... we read more , we learn more... we try more , we earn more .. pls be repect very people opinion. <_<
Question : may I know how is the F1 car exhuast system set up ?? Is them have a very good exhuast system to gain more HP ?? someone can answer me ?? because I still new, need some pioneer guys to help .......

rasco

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
shah alam/JB
comp.fsksm.utm.my
nice article :lol:
so.. bigger is not better.. hmm..
so.. straight flow piping good?

so.. for a standard 4G15P engine.. what should my exhaust pipe be? 1.7 ok? :huh:

F1 is NA right? :ph34r:

voon

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
Boyzone,

the article make sense. the article by blueprint also make sense.

Straight flow system not always give u more horse power, all this depends on the timing of the valve. Valve overlapping period is the main cause for fuel wastage and loss of power in straight flow system. So, not all engine benefit from straight flow system. But engine with short valve overlap period will benefit a lot from the straight flow system. This is why some people got increase HP and some don't. All refer back to the engine.

Just my 2 cents.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
yes, before we set up the exhuast set, need to understand our's engine cam profile first .... so, when people voice out their opinion, of coz have point of view.
like Taiwanese set up exhuast system at GTI , 2 stage pipng was using to cover from low rpm until high rpm , this was included strong torque at low rpm and can push out max power when high rpm .
F1 won't have any exhuast system , just 5 in 1 x2 header then direct push out .. why ?? because they want good respond.. when gas pump out fast , engine will suck in fresh air fast . :lol:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i wanna ask about bullet/mid box. if im going to get torque at mid rpm, which ones better: bullet, mid box or neither? 1.0 3 cly. engine.

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
Originally posted by boggysv+Mar 19 2005, 23:04 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boggysv @ Mar 19 2005, 23:04 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-boyzone@Mar 15 2005, 20:14
actually exhuast will not help to increase power.. the objective of exhuast is to help gas can flow smooth and reduce noise. good exhuast will provide gas flow with smooth , less of the back pressure, so engine can work with normal condition; and provide max power of the engine.
[snapback]820572[/snapback]​
Almighty exhaust sifu,
If what you say is true, the best exhaust is no exhaust? :lol:

Try that on a engine that has a long valve overlap period and see what u get ;)
[snapback]823900[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

i don't think what boyzone said is entirely wrong. instead of saying "provide max power of the engine" he could have said, "release more potential from the engine". then everything else makes sense. read again, his first line would mean something like "exhaust will not actively increase power" (like what forced induction would do)

i don't remember any valve overlapping in the Otto cycle (4 stroke engine cycle). if u introduce a variable like that, he could bring in additional back pressure. he didn't say no back pressure at all, just less.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
The best muffler is no muffler at all... but then you'll be facing legal issues of your exhaust being too loud.

The purpose of the muffler is reduce sound.

rasco

Known Member
Apr 26, 2004
shah alam/JB
comp.fsksm.utm.my
just get rid off my catalyzer.. now got sum smell.. isit the welding leaking? :huh:

night_stalker

Mar 24, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Try use big vtec muffler....they provide superb sound different from other cars sound. I use it for my wira totally stock.

P.S : And dun care bout how big is the inlet..although my inlet is 2'5 i still use it in 1.78' piping...n they create marvelous sound

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Attached is the spped trap info in Peninsular M'sia, plz update the info if u found any new 'paparazzi' out there....Nice information for those who want to Be King/Queen of the Road...

Always remember to drive safe n responsible... B a pro driver!!!

Malaysia Speed Traps Information

SPEED TRAPS IN PERLIS, KEDAH AND PENANG

North Bound

*Around Ayer Hitam in 60km/h zone.
>
*Before Perwaja Steel.
>
*Sungai...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience