L2 o L5 o L7 coure

fawaz808

Aug 29, 2006
ic.. ic... now i got it... it happen becoz ball bearing type turbo rite..?? is it all type ball bearing turbo the same..?? - cannot goin 4 more than 1.2++ bar....

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
not really laa... VF10/ VF8 turbo which was fitted succesfully (hybrid) on a B8 180 turbo can withstand more than 1.3bar constantly... not problem. i oso don;t have a bright idea regarding why RHF VF13/ VH14 cannot sustained high boost.. no money lor to buy back the same turbo & experiment...scared it'll kong again hehehe

go for td04 laa... wit small hot side. i think the td04 from pajero diesel suit L2.. no bearing... with no water rail install to the turbo it still can perform well..

HealingBox

Dec 24, 2005
for 882T might be different case since 882T has more exhaust output than a standard L2 660cc , 660cc on TD04 will suffer turbo lag like hell ... and spool speed ( time to full boost) will very slow ...
not sure 882T how fast the spooling and the lag...

for power hunger and dun care about the lag so the td04 still is the choice , but for daily driving , fast response and longer life (RHF4 has water cooling) should go for a RHF4 for a L2

bastardos

Known Member
Mar 13, 2006
usually if u have turbine or piston probem it is because of not enuff fuel. my car is using td04 turbine and i use it for daily drive. i set the boost at 1.5 bar for daily use short and long distance. it could go up to 2 bar max. to make sure that ur car can give enuff performance at hight boost and also can withstand the pressure. fuel, air and also cooling system need to be given serious attention. change to a low compression piston, it can withstand high boost. really work for me. and also change ur fuel pump, fuel injector, and also add a fuel regulater for that extra umphh!!!... lot of people just change the 'big' part without giving attention to the 'small' parts that really does support the 'big' part. to me that is the major problem with 'modders' nowadays. just giving my opinion based on my experience.

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
HealingBox said:
for 882T might be different case since 882T has more exhaust output than a standard L2 660cc , 660cc on TD04 will suffer turbo lag like hell ... and spool speed ( time to full boost) will very slow ...
not sure 882T how fast the spooling and the lag...

for power hunger and dun care about the lag so the td04 still is the choice , but for daily driving , fast response and longer life (RHF4 has water cooling) should go for a RHF4 for a L2
yup.. 882T has more exhaust output than 660T..no doubt about that. agree with u.. power hunger go for tdo4... response go for RHF4 VF13/ VF14 or u can get the RHB34 (not sure laa... tong turbo sell it) its a hybrid between B6 compressor and L2's hot side.. sure no lag... but the price..RM500 above i think.. or u got another choice.. starlet 4E's turbo.. my fren who's using 660T used it. got no problem until now (got water cooling too).. hehehe.. but he don;t dare to boost over 1 bar oso laa...

VF10

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
selangor
bastardos said:
usually if u have turbine or piston probem it is because of not enuff fuel.
waa... not enuff fuel can oso cause turbine problem arr? my 882T previously equiped wit fuel reg, B8 180 injector, SAFC, double gasket (to lower the compression) etc... but still the turbo kong laa..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
So, I posted a thread before but no reply, but basically, I have a VW polo, Mk4, X reg (2000) and I'm buying a sportex exhaust, do I need a racetube? Or will the backbox do? What difference does a racetube make?
Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience