Kugan, The car theft suspect detainee die in the police custody

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

g.yao.za

Known Member
I believe no ZTHian forumer like car theft, we even hate them, whom steal our beloved ride.
Below, is the brief summary of the incident

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kugan, the car theft suspect who was arrested on Jan 15, was being questioned in connection with a car theft syndicate that was believed to have international links.

DCP Khalid said Kugan had led police to the recovery of 15 luxury cars from a warehouse in Puchong that were being readied to be shipped off overseas by the syndicate he allegedly worked with.

“We were in the midst of obtaining more information from him regarding his involvement with the syndicate’s activities when he was brought to the Taipan police station.

“The car theft syndicate is believed to be one of the biggest in the state and our officers were getting intelligence from him on that day,” he added

GYZ: I was like, wow, PDRM, great job!

unfortunately, Kugan was announced dead in the lockup at Jan 20.
This is what PDRM told us,

He had asked for a glass of water and threw up after drinking, then collapsed. The policemen present immediately summoned a doctor from a nearby clinic to examine Kugan, who was pronounced dead minutes later

His body was sent to the Universiti Malaya Medical Centre for a post-mortem to determine the cause of death

now, this is what Kugan's family found out when they barged into the old room where Kugan’s body was being kept.

[youtube]XjBKykJeiKg[/youtube]

original Article source:
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/1/21/nation/20090121154619&sec=nation

Video Source
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjBKykJeiKg

he was beaten to death man....what an excuse..."glass of water bullshit..." like sekolah rendah excuse to skip school

hurm just now news got show wat happen just now at usj taipan police station if not mistaken...so many ppl outside fighting wit police..lol lol lol...

Maybe if someone involved in international links for any kind of theft...once get caught and secrets revealed.. there's may no more bright future..not much options left..

Bump: Maybe if someone involved in international links for any kind of theft...once get caught and secrets revealed.. there's may no more bright future..not much options left..

hurm just now news got show wat happen just now at usj taipan police station if not mistaken...so many ppl outside fighting wit police..lol lol lol...

Yeah , true..they were protesting..jam all the way..then when coming back , got to use back way

"wat we've done(Good or Bad), will get paid someday....“

After our beloved Joker of the year give kindagarden joke, and Selangor Police chief accused Kugan's family for barged in the mortuary, here is the latest video and development.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/1/29/nation/20090129212402&sec=nation
Kapar MP files report against Selangor police chief
By ANDREW SAGAYAM

KUALA LUMPUR: Kapar MP S. Manikavasagam has lodged a police report against Selangor police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar over the death of suspected car thief A. Kugan.

He claimed that DCP Khalid had accused Kugan’s family and 50 others of storming into the Serdang Hospital mortuary where Kugan’s body was kept.

He said DCP Khalid had also accused Deputy Ministers in the Prime Minister’s Department T. Murugiah and Datuk S.K. Devamany of joining in the mob.

He said he has a DVD recording that showing the mortuary attendants opening the doors and everyone in.

“So how can he say that we barged in?,” he said this after lodging the report at the Brickfields district police headquarters Thursday.

Manikavasagam also claimed that a police officer came to his office in Kapar and seized the DVD recording.

Puchong MP Gobind Singh Deo said it was disheartening for Home Minister Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Syed Albar to say that the public did not care when a policeman dies.

“This is certainly not true and I think he does not understand the issue surrounding Kugan’s death.

“The issue here is not so much the victim but the police who abused their powers to the extent of causing the death of a detainee in police custody,” he said.

Kugan, 22, was arrested on Jan 14 in connection with a luxury car theft ring in Sungai Chua, Kajang.

He died at the Taipan station on Jan 20.

[youtube]4cxexIKKls0[/youtube]

...1 tikus mati, masyarakat manusia bergaduh.... malu....:mad:

maybe some are trying to make it a racial issue but this is essentially a case of police brutality. Police brutality is a well known issue in our country. Not sure what went wrong here but those 11 officers are being transferred to desk jobs? murder suspects being suspended from their job and moved to desk jobs???? this is interesting. Double std, cover-up etc etc..u name it, we have it.

Heard of a story abt 10 years ago, a schoolboy (age 15) was taken into the police station because he was one of the many spectators of school boy gang fights. In the station, the first thing tht happened to him was a slap at the face without any questioning.

not really racist issue, my point is PDRM take the law in their hand, Kugan is not the first person die under police custody.

More than 10 years ago, there is a case where a bank was sapu during long kongsi-Raya (Hari Raya and CNY I believe) long break, it's a high profile case, PDRM don't have any target, they panic, and they grab 1 young dude, who is a aircon service mech, lock him up, and interrogate him. The "suspect" die in the lockup, and the case was closed.

what I'm trying to say is that you and I can keep quite on this, but PDRM can still bring any innocent people like you and me whom they pick up from the street and use extensive force or beat us up to death, and they will classified your dead is "sudden death" , no 1 bear the responsibility, and close the case.

when Parliament suggest to have a panel to keep an eye on Police's wrong doing, the "licensed" samsing even threaten us that they will all resigned.

and special thanks to Home minister, he really bring me a lot of entertainment by giving funny comment and joy to me.

i think the guy who died would have been beaten up by passerby for car theft. he was caught red handed while trying to steal a car. but then again, when the police came, the suspect may have been beaten up badly by the passerby, and the authority didnt send the suspect to the hospital.

same case that happen a few years back in my hometown. 2 guys were caught breaking into a house. one got a way and the other was caught by passerby. the suspect got beaten badly, when the authority came, they ask ' sudah belasah abis kaa?, jangan sampai mati sudah'. so actually, we can never know wut's the actually incident happen.

possible but i doubt he gave out the location of the warehouse with 15 luxury cars in exhange for a good meal tho.

just my little point of view, if police is trying to cover up the truth of that man's death, they can simply put up any explanation, such as the suspect tried to escape during detention and he was hurt during the persuit, which led to his death. This could be a better excuse than 'a glass of water', I'm afraid?

You and I may not really know, as bro Zairie said, the suspect might have been beaten up before he was arrested? Sorry for the family of the suspect that their son ended up in bad shape, but hey.. I believe they know deep inside themselves whether their son was a criminal or not. If he really was a criminal, please don't blame anyone but himself for his death, you pick the dirty game and you pay the price.

i think the syndicate paid them to beat him to death to shut up...greed is weakness

Maybe someone inside the force was paid to make him dead as he is exposing the information to the cops. Who knows, if the car theft group is a big one, they sure have a lot of connection be it white or black.

i think the guy who died would have been beaten up by passerby for car theft. he was caught red handed while trying to steal a car. but then again, when the police came, the suspect may have been beaten up badly by the passerby, and the authority didnt send the suspect to the hospital.

same case that happen a few years back in my hometown. 2 guys were caught breaking into a house. one got a way and the other was caught by passerby. the suspect got beaten badly, when the authority came, they ask ' sudah belasah abis kaa?, jangan sampai mati sudah'. so actually, we can never know wut's the actually incident happen.

if a suspect is injured, they should send the suspect to hospital for proper medical treatment, he should only bring back to Balai for statement if he/she is fit for that.

And for every each arrest, the respective policeman will need to make a police report at Balai/IPD/IPK, this is iron rules. Policeman should noted down how/when they arrested the suspect, and record down the suspect's physical/mentally condition in that report, if the suspect is not physically and mentally fit for statement taken, then PDRM should not continue.

anyone at here took statement 113/114 and sign that paper?

PS: additional info, even for car towing (for those fella didn't pay installment and Finance tow the car away), first thing the drive do is will need to go Balai to make police report.

Bump:
Maybe someone inside the force was paid to make him dead as he is exposing the information to the cops. Who knows, if the car theft group is a big one, they sure have a lot of connection be it white or black.

kill the suspect by purpose in the balai and make PDRM hand dirty is the stupidest thing to do. Do it outside Balai is much more easier and dun carry shit in the work place.
Sorry, I would say you guys watch too much Hollywood or HK TV drama/script.

Yes, PDRM has connections with the syndicate, no secret, like evident (cash or drugs) vanish in the air, drugs turn out to be salt, we heard all kind of story.

Bump:
just my little point of view, if police is trying to cover up the truth of that man's death, they can simply put up any explanation, such as the suspect tried to escape during detention and he was hurt during the persuit, which led to his death. This could be a better excuse than 'a glass of water', I'm afraid?
even Manslaughter need to go to court, and someone need to bear it, of course unless the suspect steal the pistol from the policeman and make a hu-ha in the balai, then it's different story.

Top Bottom