Kedai Potong will be "BAN" soon.. Big impact to us

Should imported used / scrap parts be banned?

• Yes - Improves auto industry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - We need rare / cheaper parts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hi all,

I heard that kedai potong soon will be close down somewhere in June this year.. So next time all spare parts hav to buy directly from Mistubishi?? Will the price of the genuine spare parts be cheaper?? If not. might be a big impact for some people like me who like to buy 2nd hand parts..

Imagine.. 1x NEW AYC pump coz more than RM7k & 1x 2nd hand AYC pump cost around RM1.5k....

Anymore issue might face besides expensive spart parts? Or is there anywhere to source cheaper spare parts after all kedai potong close down?? Advise.. :hmmmm:

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Need to think to sell all old cars.
Old cars won't have brand new spare parts. Just imagine want to get 20-30 years old ride spare parts. Is it easy to get a brand new in 2011 onwards?
This people who make the law don't have brain to all this. Don't think for those who have antique cars. Because they themselves don't have one.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
from what i read somewhere.....can't remember whether its herein zth, dcm or lyn.....its not a total ban....but only some few licensed company (one of them is mun lee) is allowed to take the parts in and not a full half cut afaik....but expect the price to hike (a bit i hoped)

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
from what i read somewhere.....can't remember whether its herein zth, dcm or lyn.....its not a total ban....but only some few licensed company (one of them is mun lee) is allowed to take the parts in and not a full half cut afaik....but expect the price to hike (a bit i hoped)
hey guys, here is update on this matter.

halfcut are not totally banned, but only selected "big company" will have the AP to import used spare parts a.k.a halfcut. this is because, after a study conduct by several NGO in collaboration with transport minister dept shows that, NOT ALL halfcuts are in mint condition if its not good! and many halcut owner doing black money by selling joint car. there are many cases now happen, e.g EK sambung, registered as wira but satria body n so on.

no more 10years n above engine will be imported, unless they dismantle part by part
only good running conditon of front cut wit engine available
certain body parts are also banned from imported
n few other things which i cant remember cos too many.

what im sure about is those turbo n N/A from 90's are consider collectors item!

marshaltan

Feb 21, 2011
Pj
In a way, this may reduce the number of cars stolen since I heard some half cuts are actually stolen cars.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
In a way, this may reduce the number of cars stolen since I heard some half cuts are actually stolen cars.
u r wrong bro, if there is less used parts from japan. the number of stolen car cases will be increases due to the demand.

when the supply less, the demand high....we all hailat. LOCK ur car with few locks :)

when there is no/less used parts :

1. Insurance companies have to compensate/aprroved new parts for accident repair, so they will die kawkaw
2. Owner of vehicles oso die kawkaw. coz if the new parts cost rm5k, insurance only able to cover rm2k, the rest rm3k owner have to pay....so also die kawkaw

2. workshop wont die, but everyday keep scold by insurance n owner. coz owner dun wan pay extra but need insurance to cover, in the other hand insurance dun wan to full pay the amount and insists owner to pay the rest. so workshop stucks in between :)

hehe, my imagination nia.....

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
workshop wont die as i run a workshop but customer will scold us.

now if cust wants to repair cars, they got 2 option new or recond(kedai potong). this is simple example given by those NGO as their concern is, how good is the recond parts, is it reliable or just cukup makan to make the car run again until it kong again.

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hehehe...nowaday lot of ppl choose buy new car than old/used car as new car is new,under warranty,free for maintenance/service/some including part too.how about the poor/medium class ppl.cant afford to buy new car salary pay to low depend to city/state,what job they work,spendin habit on anything...for poor who driving old car normally they buy cash car which can cost them rm3k to rm10k like nissan sunny,madza 323 1981 above...,iswara below 2000,wira bla bla....how they can replace to new car as now proton also got promosi trade in old proton to new proton..how many proton got order?hehehe.."tak ada orang mahu....tak mampu.pandu saja kereta lama,bulan2 repair saja tak payah bayar bank....cukup makan,buat apa nak pandu kereta baru...mati nanti.."anyone agree?for rich ppl,of cuz new car new car new car....drive 1 or 2 year replace new....new ...new...they afford ma..!

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
hehehe...nowaday lot of ppl choose buy new car than old/used car as new car is new,under warranty,free for maintenance/service/some including part too.how about the poor/medium class ppl.cant afford to buy new car salary pay to low depend to city/state,what job they work,spendin habit on anything...for poor who driving old car normally they buy cash car which can cost them rm3k to rm10k like nissan sunny,madza 323 1981 above...,iswara below 2000,wira bla bla....how they can replace to new car as now proton also got promosi trade in old proton to new proton..how many proton got order?hehehe.."tak ada orang mahu....tak mampu.pandu saja kereta lama,bulan2 repair saja tak payah bayar bank....cukup makan,buat apa nak pandu kereta baru...mati nanti.."anyone agree?for rich ppl,of cuz new car new car new car....drive 1 or 2 year replace new....new ...new...they afford ma..!
Proton is local company so there are spare parts support locally
IMO the whole policy is create in such a way to protect Proton indirect if you ask me

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
reducing importing might reduce stolen cars from overseas.. but wont reduce stolen cars locally... afraid it might increase the car crimes in malaysia as there are more demand for cheap parts...

i hope they better change their mind...

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
From what i read about the ban on import of half cut is existing chop shop will not be able to import half cuts anymore but they will be able to sell their existing stocks. Not sure about selected companies whom are able to import those half cuts in.

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Wow.. thanks for the advise.. so which means.. only selected "kedai potong" stil remains.. then the price of the 2nd hand spare parts sure will shoot high up.. waaa...

When the spare parts shoot up high.. ppl will think of a way to get cheaper spare parts, then crime rate will go up.. i just saw a old ford telstar was abundant nearby my house rubbish dump.. only left 2 rear tyre.. is this the beginning??

If like tis.. next time.. my car engine going to die off soon.. so i just bang on the other car parked beside.. then let the insurance cover my claim for engine.. "Engine repaired".. will tis be better?? Of coz will wear topi keledar b4 i bang.. hehehe.. just an opinion..

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
JT... u mus be kidding bro.. hahaha..... no worries.. 10contenas of Evo coming in.. ^^ for parts.. hehe... price still remain ler until june 2011 then dunno ler.. hahaha...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Wow.. thanks for the advise.. so which means.. only selected "kedai potong" stil remains.. then the price of the 2nd hand spare parts sure will shoot high up.. waaa...

When the spare parts shoot up high.. ppl will think of a way to get cheaper spare parts, then crime rate will go up.. i just saw a old ford telstar was abundant nearby my house rubbish dump.. only left 2 rear tyre.. is this the beginning??

If like tis.. next time.. my car engine going to die off soon.. so i just bang on the other car parked beside.. then let the insurance cover my claim for engine.. "Engine repaired".. will tis be better?? Of coz will wear topi keledar b4 i bang.. hehehe.. just an opinion..
haha good idea also.....can try it...

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
JT... u mus be kidding bro.. hahaha..... no worries.. 10contenas of Evo coming in.. ^^ for parts.. hehe... price still remain ler until june 2011 then dunno ler.. hahaha...
10 containers....mana ade cukup...need to cater for Mitsu owner, Proton owner, Kia, Naza........now i see ppl project masuk E8 into Alza.....Malaysia BOLEH !!!!!:adore::adore::adore:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
JT: need parts? come to me laa ... what u need?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i wanna ask that can i fit the brake Caliper And Disc into a Myvi knuckle ?

I understand at it ill need a custom bracket , but the disc has 5-Lug Nut with PCD 112 .

Or i just went to buy a ready made oversize brake kit for Myvi are better option?

Thanks for any advance =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience