KD Tunku Abdul Rahman - Malaysian 1st Submarine

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
what i mean is...the purpose of this sub is useless to us because our own country military equipment are already outdated...so they should look into upgrade rather then get this two sub....
all branches got upgrade la brader....army got their tanks, a battery of new MLRS and recently postponed eurocopter, Air force got sukhoi and aermacchi.....navy got subs and possibility next 6 NGPV laaaaa....

but personally what i think the tank is the most unusefull....through my humble understanding of warfare laaa

Last edited:

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
all branches got upgrade la brader....army got their tanks, a battery of new MLRS and recently postponed eurocopter, Air force got sukhoi and aermacchi.....navy got subs and possibility next 6 NGPV laaaaa....

but personally what i think the tank is the most unusefull....through my humble understanding of warfare laaa
thanks for all the info...seems like i need to read more newspaper liaw..thanks

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
alantuya case not closed...just pushed aside and ignored like all the other cases...just waiting for hotter news to be generated and hope the old news will just die down...

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
From the past. Jet fighter,helicopter,short range bom all terhempas due to what? Technical problem. Near future sub marine terhampas pula wa ha ha. If u happen to go Jb maybe u can visit to our national tank storage. Semua rosak tak boleh pakai due to romour say no spare part due to discontinue model. Maybe this will happen to this sub marine also.

And after that they say " our national sub marine sudah pun tua" kena upgrade lar weh.
Then another 2nd episod will continue. If u know what I mean.

Last edited:

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
From the past. Jet fighter,helicopter,short range bom all terhempas due to what? Technical problem. Near future sub marine terhampas pula wa ha ha. If u happen to go Jb maybe u can visit to our national tank storage. Semua rosak tak boleh pakai due to romour say no spare part due to discontinue model. Maybe this will happen to this sub marine also.

And after that they say " our national sub marine sudah pun tua" kena upgrade lar weh.
Then another 2nd episod will continue. If u know what I mean.
so your suggestion is dont buy at all or buy when the technology wont be progressing anymore?

and..PT 91 is a tank...and tank regiment is in PD....what you see in JB is ol sibmass or panhart armoured personel carrier (APC) or also known as Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) or...fondly known as Battle Taxi....again its not a tank...

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
i don’t know about u fellas, but I think it’s a good purchase.

I don’t know why some of you are howling about the purchase of this submarine... Knowing that our infantry, army, fighter jet and all are outdated... it’s time we got something new and be proud about. It’s not the matter of useful or not... but its portraying our nation’s strength...

Think here, why is India and North Korea having nuclear power even though their nation is in poverty? Do you think they rationalise if it’s useful or not? Or is it contributing to the people in anyway?! sigh !

Last edited:

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
so your suggestion is dont buy at all or buy when the technology wont be progressing anymore?

and..PT 91 is a tank...and tank regiment is in PD....what you see in JB is ol sibmass or panhart armoured personel carrier (APC) or also known as Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) or...fondly known as Battle Taxi....again its not a tank...
my suggestion is , if want to purchase. buy thing with latest technology & not secondhand.
and with our nation financial capability is more than can afford ler weh.

as u see previous history in lumut our nation sub marine maker, i think with tat kind of money they invest i think is more than enough to purchase new one.

and yet if we had the new technology can they really maintain it.

so u do observed all the army vehicle idling parking down there.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
my suggestion is , if want to purchase. buy thing with latest technology & not secondhand.
and with our nation financial capability is more than can afford ler weh.

as u see previous history in lumut our nation sub marine maker, i think with tat kind of money they invest i think is more than enough to purchase new one.

and yet if we had the new technology can they really maintain it.

so u do observed all the army vehicle idling parking down there.
agreed we should buy the latest technology...but at no restriction from supplier country...but latest mean also in 10-20 years it will be obsolete unless u do a LEP(Life extension programe). If u know how fast is obsolete in the military world is...or MiG 29N is considered obsolete by now....hopefully they upgrades the avionics and radar system to extend the life for another 10 years

PSC naval dockyards never build submarine....a private entrepenaur bought second hand submarine and expect the gov to buy from them....i think you mistaken NGPV project...

yes i do...and if im not mistaken we are in the process of replacing them...i think the panhard is already 40 years ol', sibmas is 20+ and so do condor....they looking for new 8x8 but i dont expect to see till end of of 2015....

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
agreed we should buy the latest technology...but at no restriction from supplier country...but latest mean also in 10-20 years it will be obsolete unless u do a LEP(Life extension programe). If u know how fast is obsolete in the military world is...or MiG 29N is considered obsolete by now....hopefully they upgrades the avionics and radar system to extend the life for another 10 years

PSC naval dockyards never build submarine....a private entrepenaur bought second hand submarine and expect the gov to buy from them....i think you mistaken NGPV project...

yes i do...and if im not mistaken we are in the process of replacing them...i think the panhard is already 40 years ol', sibmas is 20+ and so do condor....they looking for new 8x8 but i dont expect to see till end of of 2015....
bro what i hear in lumut is they rebuild 2 kapal selam dan masuk air or tenggelam ler, but i dont know is a FACT or romours.

but this what i found PSC-Naval Dockyard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
read it bro....they didnt bought from the dutch company...they bought from DCN....the second subs is supposed to pancing the government of buying them....
bro ya is true that they brought it from DCN after that, but initial plan is to rebuild at lumut base.
but after so much speculation the 2 submarine is hilang dont know go where.

here are the pic 2 sub marine capture in goggle maps in 2007.

Lumut, Perak Malaysia - Google Maps

but all this info no concrete evidence to prove it.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
tak hilang la bro....go lumut its still there...apparently the dutch company cant afford to bring it back to holland and also cant afford to pay the docking fee till they can find a buyer.....

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
tak hilang la bro....go lumut its still there...apparently the dutch company cant afford to bring it back to holland and also cant afford to pay the docking fee till they can find a buyer.....
oh ic, so what happen to 2 submarine there??why they stop the project

btw i do find malaysian navy forum here they comment.

http://www.navy.mil.my/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,29/lang,en/action,printpage/topic,155.0

this is what they comment "sudah jual kat tokey besi buruk" wa ka ka ka ka

xaffb18c

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2006
Our police gets their upgrades..Exp EVO X.......Our army also gets their upgrades..Exp..KDTAR submarine....hurm...I wonder when will our fireman will get their upgrades?????:bandit:

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
Our police gets their upgrades..Exp EVO X.......Our army also gets their upgrades..Exp..KDTAR submarine....hurm...I wonder when will our fireman will get their upgrades?????:bandit:
our fireman already got Mi8 heli what...free summore...courtesy of our police...

spockret

Known Member
Jun 11, 2008
atas BUMI
spockret.blogspot.com
oh ic, so what happen to 2 submarine there??why they stop the project

btw i do find malaysian navy forum here they comment.

Print Page - question about the two submarine

this is what they comment "sudah jual kat tokey besi buruk" wa ka ka ka ka
thats true.....both 2 old submarine already timbang kilo if not mistaken 2years ago.....

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

given that our motherland is surrounded by water then i think the submarine is an essential purchase.

anyway guys take a look at this video..i know it got nothing to do with submarine but its something interesting for us to watch.

The Pirate Patrols Video Documentary at FactualTV
i dont know whether its true or not but what i heard from my fren that involve with this project is this new sub marine juz can go 70metre.....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SC, don't know will My military consider buying M1 Abrams?..Hehehe:rofl: I'm still looking around to see can find Pzh 2000 Howitzer or not.

Does our military have FGM-148 Javelin missiles..I really like that weapon system. I played a simulation of it in the CA military museum..very fun..Hahaha

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
bro ya is true that they brought it from DCN after that, but initial plan is to rebuild at lumut base.
but after so much speculation the 2 submarine is hilang dont know go where.

here are the pic 2 sub marine capture in goggle maps in 2007.

Lumut, Perak Malaysia - Google Maps

but all this info no concrete evidence to prove it.
i hv seen the two sub b4 bout 5 6 yrs ago in lumut,the sub still here ke?? abandoned,or kena tarik by bank? wasted la like tat,put there so long.,they shud convert to underwater taxi ma..

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
stupid Gov.

spend all the money on "potential" future external threats.

but never take care of current internal threats like rempits, snatch thieves, rapists, politicians, etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone tries this before?? Original EVO 123 front bumper fit into wira without changing all the headlamp,signal light, fender and front hood.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience