Kc extreme wet sanded & acidised restoration detail

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
in one of your thread, u mentioned that some scratch are too bad that it cant be removed but the best is to only improve the severe scratched look. does that mean that on direct light facing it the scratch is not visible but only when it was looked from the side angle its still visible?

like in this honda you actually perfectly removed all the spot on the hood?

thanks renxun

2 issue here
scratch are too bad that it cant be removed but the best is to only improve
from this

to this

the scratch dent is too deep, what i managed to remove is the paint transfers but not able to restored like new (as though never happen before)

as for.. this civic thread.....pls check the pic before & after...it is at the same lighting position

we just are just detailers & not superman...like the city pic on top....nothing & no anyone can anything except, to removed those stains as the paint is still good, why waste $$$ & cos more environment issue........unless wanna to cover up some thing

I would be starting a rotary lesson soon for serious enthusiast, let me know if u r interested to learn....free bt u must practice on yrself too lah..otherwise the lesson will be forgotten

Last edited:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
in fact i received your pm regarding the previous invitation however im from sabah. what i can do is just to observe all your photos...i camera memory card spoilt thats why im still very stuck on emailling photo of what i done for you to check out..

i did an old car once... oem paint ... wira.... it doesnt look too bad..... the paint scratch isnt too deep... but tis car had not been waxed nor polished since brand new around 15 years back ...i polished few runs... and lastly the correction i made actually reached premier layer... which made me assume the oem paint is either too thin or it has eventually got thinner over the years... and ever that since i dare not actually to "further" do correction if it happen after a few runs on rubbing compounds the scratches still exist.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
in fact i received your pm regarding the previous invitation however im from sabah. what i can do is just to observe all your photos...i camera memory card spoilt thats why im still very stuck on emailling photo of what i done for you to check out..

i did an old car once... oem paint ... wira.... it doesnt look too bad..... the paint scratch isnt too deep... but tis car had not been waxed nor polished since brand new around 15 years back ...i polished few runs... and lastly the correction i made actually reached premier layer... which made me assume the oem paint is either too thin or it has eventually got thinner over the years... and ever that since i dare not actually to "further" do correction if it happen after a few runs on rubbing compounds the scratches still exist.

no worries buddy....u too another car crazy ...glad to meet u

what did u used on yr wira & any pics?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
KC, your work & outcome never fail to impress me every time. A big salute to you. Actually I have tons of question to ask you..Hahaha...I'm not such a hardcore detail person just would want to know the properly way to maintain a car paint. Preventing is always the best.

Questions:
1. I frequently heard you mention ONR. What is ONR actually? a brand or a short form? Is this some kind of a car shampoo or how do you call it?

2. I have a 10 year old car with a metallic orange bronze paint job. It's an OEM paint job and the car had never done a full repainting before. Just on the passenger side once due to an accident. Yesterday I used Meguiar's Ultimate compound after I have the car wash. Previously I would just wash the car and polish it with Meguiar's Cleaner Wax which I get from ACE.

After I used the Ultimate compound on my car, I was shocked to see the microfiber cloth was so dirty like I didn't wash the car properly. I was using hand and was able to do away some swirl marks but not 100%. Then after completing this I apply the Cleaner Wax.
Is my way of taking care the paint sufficient?

3. My rear hatch door upper part paint near the rear window had faded, colour pigments also faded. I try many ways to restore it but unsuccessful. Is the still possible way to restore it?

I have taken some pictures of my car yesterday night after I finish the car. Would like to hear you comments and suggestion about it. Maybe will post some pictures for your evaluation since I'm not from KL.

4. Swirl marks and cob web. how to prevent this if you wash the car ourselves. I never send the 206 to car wash before so I would like to know how to avoid swirls marks. Is using those normal cotton type cloth safe or better use a microfiber cloth? As of my limited knowledge swirls marks and cob webs are caused by dirt and sand sticking to the washing cloth.

5. I still can't get some swirl marks off the front bonnet with the Ultimate Compound. Any suggestion?

6. Is using a rotary pad the only way to do any swirl marks or hand also can?

7. Is Clay Bar a must every time I wash the car?

Sorry to hijack your thread and ask you so much but I'm really really interested to know more. Thank You very much

Last edited: