Kancil Turbo Idling Problem

igug

Dec 16, 2004
Hello 2 those who can help me out with my Kancil turbo problem.

I'm using a standard Mira turbo EFI engine on my Kancil. My idling rpm is unstable and giving a sound like a naval attack boat. It's so irritating to my ears. Some guys said that its due 2 the throttle body. They might be correct.
I tried 2 clean the system by removing the turbo intercooler and spraying the crc carburettor cleaner direct 2 the throttle body, but there was no effect. Next step I want 2 do is cleaning the MAF sensor but I cant locate the thing after searching from north to south and east to west around the fuel feeding system. I can change the throttle body later but I want to do this as a part of a learning process to gain control on my car behaviour.

If I tune d engine rpm tonite at 1.5k r.p.m, tomorrow morning, it will move up to 2.2k or sometimes down 2 0.8k. It's behaving like mad. N another thing is that, my choke seems not 2 b working good by delaying 2 activate. In the whole process, I have to crank the starter for about 10 secs before the engine fire up. This is not healthy 2 the battery 2. And after d engine is on at an r.p.m of 600 for 20 secs only the choke lazily wake-up.

Would anybody so kind to lend his/her knowledge 2 me so that I gain better knowledge. Thanx 4 sharing guys.
Igug

ezwong2002

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
Butterworth, Penang
www.geocities.com
uh... u have to dismantel the TB to be able to do some good cleaning...spraying doesn't really help. i suspect your ISC (Idle Speed Controller) attached to the TB has failed. (looks like somekind of electronics with wire attached)
Hard cold starting is the most difficult to solve as it may be electronics failure (as simple as the engine relay) or any of the fuel delivery system failures such as the fuel pump till the injectors. Is your air-filter clean?

Good luck.

igug

Dec 16, 2004
ezwong2002,
I'll dismantle the TB and do the cleaning as you mentioned.
Thank You to you and flushafteruse for the response.
Igug

sang_kancil

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
Kuching,Sarawak
www.pgx.com.my
igug,

it happen to me last time...too...
im using L2 engine too...

syn:
engine sound like motobot...
cannot rev higher than 4k rpm...
when driving ...then stop at traffic lite...da rpm suddenly goes down quickly....n da engine like 1 to die ...rite...

problem:
head gasket kaput....
head kaput....
valve , spring kaput....

better check da head ....

due to too lean setup .....n too much boosting....

igug

Dec 16, 2004
sang_kancil,
I just sent my car for top overhaul and the symptom you mentioned is a little bit different as the rpm can reach as far as it can go (I reckon, more than 7k but I never tried) and the problem existed before the top overhaul.

ezwong2002,
Where does the isc located? Another thing I wish to ask, what are the steps to remove the TB? I have all the tool but a basic guide will give me a great help. BTW, my air filter is clean.

Thanx guys.
:(

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How envious are you at these 4 lucky Malaysians who won an all expense paid trip by Shell Helix to Abu Dhabi for their Fastest 48 hrs of their lives?? They'd be among the 200 guests from over 20 countries who will be visiting the one and only, famous Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, an intense ride in the world's fastest roller coaster in the form of a Ferrari, dubbed the Formull...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience