JPJ inspection

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
wanna ask here... currently i'm having the suffer on the JPJ inspection for transferring of ownership. they failed me due to the glass is not meeting the requirement..

i plan to have a temp replacement for the glass, but wondering what do i need to change:
1: all the glasses
2: rear glass and the 2 rear side passenger glasses
3: only the 2 rear side passenger glasses.

Last edited:

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
I had the same problem when bringing my car from sabah to KL last time by the puspakom. Well what u actually need for it to be legal is to change both front and back side wondow to clear ones.

however i chose to actually go back to the company who sold me the tezza and ask them to help get it approved since they managed to get it approved the first time when they sold it to me as a recond car.

Its easier for them to get it approved since they all already have an account with some of these autmotive authority departments if u catch my drift.

cheers bro.

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
hmm... i've the diff case with you since mine was getting from an owner himself.

So what u've meant, we just needed to change for the 4 pieces of side glasses but not the front and rear windscreen?

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
our front windscreen has no problem. mine was actually tested for only the 4 side windows.. i dunno abt yours.. it really depends what was written on your report from th JPJ actually. However to be save... best to change the rear windscreen as well.. i will pm u another solution.. haha the forum is just too exposed. cheers bro.

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
i've the obvious different between the front side glasses and the rear side one... by the way.. my front side glasses is looks the same transparent rate as my front windscreen...

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
then i am not sure, cause my ffront windows are darker than my front windscreen. :) the puspakomers used some kind of sensor to test it.

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
i've the obvious different between the front side glasses and the rear side one... by the way.. my front side glasses is looks the same transparent rate as my front windscreen...
Bro, for JPJ inspection the ori privacy glass code AS3 is not legal. Except the sun roof. All the 5 pieces AS3 glass need to change to AS2 (clear glass). Check the glass code on your windows.

I said 5 pieces = 1 rear glass screen + 2 rear windows + 2 rear fixed triagular glass. All this 5 pieces need to change to AS2 if u need to go inspection.

Changing 5 pieces (AS2 - taiwan made) = RM1900 incl installation
Rental for inspection 5 pieces RM600 incl installation..

I've gone thru all this bad experience w JPJ.. luckily our Jahax friend could help me out..

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
Bro, for JPJ inspection the ori privacy glass code AS3 is not legal. Except the sun roof. All the 5 pieces AS3 glass need to change to AS2 (clear glass). Check the glass code on your windows.

I said 5 pieces = 1 rear glass screen + 2 rear windows + 2 rear fixed triagular glass. All this 5 pieces need to change to AS2 if u need to go inspection.

I've gone thru all this bad experience w JPJ.. luckily our Jahax friend could help me out..
bro, thanks for your valuable info! maybe i know where u get to do for the rental one?

ARSSS

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
Glass change & rental can be done at Jalan pahang.. near hospital tawakal glass workshop...

mexec

Known Member
Mar 1, 2007
Bro..i'm not sure about the taiwan glass..but mine use the china one..
changing 5 pieces for RM1200 and for rental is around RM400..of course done it at the same place back side of hospital tawakal..last april..you can contact them fisrt to make sure they have the stock..019-3877118..

btw i'm still using the china glass till now..

Last edited:

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
Bro..i'm not sure about the taiwan glass..but mine use the china one..
changing 5 pieces for RM1200 and for rental is around RM400..of course done it at the same place back side of hospital tawakal..last april..you can contact them fisrt to make sure they have the stock..019-3877118..

btw i'm still using the china glass till now..
great... thanks for the info again!

btw, how's their handwork? was quite worried for some cacat one which might need to have alot of defects need to follow up...

mexec

Known Member
Mar 1, 2007
not bad..till now there's no prob with their handwork..no leaking or anything else..but there's one prob with the rear glass heater system..they're too slow to heat compare to the original one..i'm not sure wat the main problem..if u just wanna rental only so there's no need to worry about it..

davidgm16

Known Member
Dec 20, 2005
not bad..till now there's no prob with their handwork..no leaking or anything else..but there's one prob with the rear glass heater system..they're too slow to heat compare to the original one..i'm not sure wat the main problem..if u just wanna rental only so there's no need to worry about it..
cool... thanks again for the info! i've been struggling to the JPJ inspection for these 2 weeks. need to rush b4 the deadline of the roadtax that coming in this week...

jishin

Aug 12, 2005
Malaysia
ic....u changed your glass there ke? it's china made? bcoz i heard some of china made don't have heater system?...:hmmmm:

have been used privacy glass for almost 5 years, hopely no need to change it :biggrin: ...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yo bros..I got a question here.My paint is chipping pretty terribly.It's mostly at the front bumper.I hv brought to shop few times end up painting the whole bumper ( touch up ) and I got fed up of that as well.How can I DIY this problem.Eg I'm thinking of buying the paint and the 2K while touch it up myself.Will it be effective for me to DIY.What shld the steps likely.:wink:
Pld feed back sifuus...:smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience