Johor Bahru
frank's in action again....
ops...shouldnt kacau ppl's sales...
sorry ar....

zac....
he wont open price one la...
he wanna see ur offer....
we all know his pattern de....
anyway...u can consider doing half pipe ma....
then just put stock 1.8 twin tip behind....

as for pitwork...
macam familiar le....
hahahahaha....
anyway...share ur story here la....
Alamak, i dunno market rate mah:biggrin: if i offer rm100 then frank piss off how??:biggrin:
Actually i'm using perdana twin tip, but i can feel my powerband is getting weak from 6.5k onwards, the low and mid is nice but not shiok while tarik lah, so opt for sth can maintain good low/mid but give better hi rev response...

Cal, R u using apexi bypass valve? like a manual device can bypass exhaust, straight out from piping.
Ok ok, need time to draft, at the moment only can recall few...

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
apexi bypass valve???
no need to branded branded la..
mod one throttle body at ur exhaust piping edi can la...
last time was using when i'm using my old engine....
now no more using as i sold my piping to a fren when i went for inspection....

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
That time the bastard was the most friendly mech i ever met, cos you know most of the shop dun bother young lad driving wira mah, so the first impression very good lah...
1. My mivec half cut was rm7.5k, higher than market rate but i still go to him because he said he will guarantee for all problem that could happen to a unknown condition engine, after transplanted, 1st gear synchroniser was in bad shape, then he said it's not gear fault, it's gear oil not good, so i change few times gear oil in 1 week, from lean to thick and even use lsd oil! problem persist and he said this is common issue for "2nd hand item" not under gurantee... btw, i paid for those gear oils, not him...
2. i told him i want halfcut with lsd gb and i can wait, he said we wont know whether it has lad or not until you purchase it and open up to check!!! in the end i got a non lsd mivec... (who knows it actually save more fuel and less hassle right:biggrin:) but the point is he lie again.
3. He offer me a cusco roll cage for rm700/800, and he guarantee can use on road legally and back seat still available, until i went to workshop to install and another mech said" sure wanna install, insurance wont acknowledge it, the rear seat will not be functioning anymore" after argue aegue, he only willing to return rm500.
4. Bought a set of te37 15" from him with special offset for rm2.5k exclude tyre, he said guarantee ngam in wira fender, in the end oversize, hit fender kao kao then he keep saying "NICE NICE, JDM CAR ALL LIKE THAT" . Then One of the rim keep leaking air, check tyre but everything ok, then finally found out that air leaked from outer rim tip, the whole rim had a crack, when i go tyre shop to fix it they said this rim actually had been repaired too many time and too thin, beyond repair anymore... he said not his problem... So now i hv two pieces te37 in my garage and one piece te37 spare tyre, cool huh:biggrin:WOALAH~~
5. Oh ya, the 7.5k pkg is without rear chasis oh, and he said ori mivec rear chasis cost rm1.5k, i paid... then i believe what i had was ori wira 1.3/1.5 arm with 114.3 knuckle only, cos doesnt come with rear arb, the arms dun even have holes... i paid for a set of ori proton 1.8 rear arm for only rm250 few months ago.. hahaha...
6. He also guaranteed the suspension he sold for me is comfortable on road which in fact bump like hell as it's for evo and wira too light... He insist it's comfortable when we were both in the ride with our boobs bouncing due to bumpy ride, he said his ride is worse... hahaha...
Too many lah, still got like selling me a replica omp steering for rm350 while i found out another shop only sell at rm120/150, used hks hi power filter for rm300 and etc~~~
i tembak his selling thread at market place liao, if he talk back then i will write a long long essay to shoot him kao kao... It was my fault lah, i die die wanna let him do that time cos he's beng nice to me, i'm not angry for the price i paid but for the commitment he promise but act like nobody business...

Oh ya, he gave me used earth wire for FREE!!! such a nice guy...:thefinger:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Well i think better you check out the TypeR muffler market price 1st. I can only say its not cheap. Range from rm600 onwards

As for the story, seriously, although he is at fault, but (sorry for being frank) you're stupid enough to keep repeat it

Last edited:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
It's a one time mistake only, i bought everything mentioned above one shot as i thought it would be cheaper for bulk purchase mah, then gave me lots of hassle so never go back again...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

rm600 onwards and you bought it for trial and error?? WOW~~

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

apexi bypass valve???
no need to branded branded la..
mod one throttle body at ur exhaust piping edi can la...
last time was using when i'm using my old engine....
now no more using as i sold my piping to a fren when i went for inspection....
significant effect? :driver:whats the most suitable cheapest throttle body to use? :confused:can straight away use small small exhaust if modded with the TB right? Where you did it last time?:biggrin:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
oh... u get everything at 1 shot la... anyway u learnt ur lesson. Always believe in this, mech is out thr to do business. So nvr believe them 100%, in fact, watever they say, ask for 2nd and 3rd opinion 1st before let them do it.

This explain back why i willing to pay more then rm600 for a muffler. Its a technology. Something new. How many muffler out there do have this technology in it? 2nd, you buy those local made muffler, cost u wat? Rm400? what tech they r giving? What metal material thy r giving? less then 1 year the muffler will be "screaming" on you. Not to mention, do they have re-sale value? Perhaps you can say chopshop do have those HKS or Fujitsubo. But dont those also easily cost u rm450 and above? How is the condition? How long has it been use? With less then 1 year usage of those Jasma approved HKS/Trust/Apexi or Fujitsubo easily cost you rm800 onwards and they do come with Cert proved.

the exhaust valve thing, most of us done it already and i think some of us already no more using it. Significant different? Yes and no. To me, turbo feel the most. Having that setup is to enable you to have stock muffler and pass roadblock. Thn when u wan more power, u turn the valve on. But, i can tell u, the vibration and noise, the smell is not everyone can accept. Whn i had it on my car, not more thn 4-5 times in 1 year i had it on. To do it, prepare rm500 and more

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Actually i dun believe them 100%, i compared price and many offered me lower price, but all of them said can't 100% guarantee condition, so in the end i kena loh, cos he's very confident that he will guarantee everything thats why he charge more...err... verbally... does anyone sign contract with their mech?:biggrin:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
wah..
can see frank doing marketing at full-swing...
wahahaha

as for the half pipe/exhaust valve thingy....
i dunno the diff for turbo la...
for my old 4g91...slightly lo...
but i tried my fren b18cr....a lot diff!!!!

well...abt pitwork...
if he dunno how to see/check LSD...he should close shop la!!!
easiest way is to turn one of the wheel n check whether the other side is turning the same way.....
another way is to take out drive shaft n look at the hole....but then i forgot the difference liao...
open up gearbox oni can see???
i think dismantle everything up oso he dunno which is the differential!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Actually i dun believe them 100%, i compared price and many offered me lower price, but all of them said can't 100% guarantee condition, so in the end i kena loh, cos he's very confident that he will guarantee everything thats why he charge more...err... verbally... does anyone sign contract with their mech?:biggrin:
oni god can guarantee halfcut stuff la!!!
guess pitwork's boss is god!!!
tml bring jostick for him!!!
hahahaha

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Frank, hv you tried the muffler? hows the performance, i browse few page back but couldn't see any related info...

Other than muffler, my hks filter also very noisy, how to eliminate the sound but wont affect the result?

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Cal, i tembak him at selling thread liao, feel free to browse it : )
the car is nice by the way...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/276203-satria-gti-mivec-1-8-gsr-turbo-for-sale.html

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
HKS filter noisy??
open pod sure noisy la...
wan quiet then change back to stock air box wif the stock snorkle....

as for ur tembak there....
i suggest u to start a thread in general talk...
giv all the prove...
let ppl see!!!
of course...need time la...
write story + post receipt pics....

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
that is the problem. Alot of plp like this "guarantee" word. But does anyone REALLY understand what does guarantee means? If someone really guarantee, he/she should prepare document, clearly state what and how it is guarantee and the compensation.

As for muffler, no, i havent install yet. Im in mid getting TypeR cat con so maybe will do everything 1 shot.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
He will still twist & turn saying that i'm fully awared before purchase although i'm not... i do hv pics of rim, roll cage, suspension lah..

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
dat's y i say....
open a thread n show ppl all the stuff n prove....
then ppl will believe u.....

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
eh...dun la burn....
wanna burn oso empty the place 1st....
call me along...i borrow ah dee;s van!!!
hahahaha

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
engine spec so interesting...
but the car...not sexy enuf la...(sayin on behalf of keon)
hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If one were to have carbon fibre hood installed it is necessary to have hood pins as well? Would the relative lightness of the carbon fibre hood pose a danger in 'lift' at high speed runs?

:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience