Jaring Broadband & New 015 From Maxis

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Jaring Broadband Goes Nationwide

KUALA LUMPUR: Jaring has announced that it is now providing nationwide broadband Internet service.

Jaring said its dial-up subscribers can now switch over to a high-speed Internet broadband service and its MY015 Internet telephony system.

The broadband service gives consumers 1Mbps of speed (versus 56Kbps via dial-up), as well as cheaper voice calls via an Internet-based phone using the 015 prefix assigned to Jaring.

Jaring chief executive officer Dr Mohamed Awang Lah said that with the blanket nationwide broadband coverage, Jaring is able to upgrade its current dial-up subscribers who have been waiting to convert to high-speed broadband and start using MY015 voice access.

“With the nationwide coverage, Jaring is fulfilling its role to provide broadband service to all Malaysians and increasing the rate of broadband penetration throughout Malaysia,” he said.

The monthly subscription fee for bundled broadband together with MY015 phone package starts from RM79 for home users. The public can purchase the package from all Jaring re-sellers or Anjung Jaring outlets, or online through www.jaring.my.

Subscribers can also choose from several MY015 call plans which suit them best, such as the Nationwide Call Plan priced at RM50 per month that allows unlimited, anytime calls to any fixed-line phone in the country.

Another, the Jaring Community Call Plan, allows unlimited calls among MY015 subscribers worldwide. It is provided free for every MY015 line.

For subscribers who need to make regular international calls, the International Call Plan is just RM150 per month, Subscribers will enjoy unlimited, anytime calls to any fixed-line phone in five countries (Australia, Canada, China, Hong Kong and the United States).

For other off-net calls the rate is as low as 10 sen per minute, according to Jaring.

During the promotional period, which ends on Dec 31, every subscriber will be provided with a free modem and a free subscription of up to five MY015 lines.

At the same time, Jaring is offering a special package for wireless broadband services at RM99 per month. A wireless broadband modem is offered at RM499 (a one-time payment) or a RM25-per-month instalment over 24 months.

Small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can enjoy wired or wireless broadband at RM139 per month, with a free subscription of up to five MY015 lines.

Jaring launched its wireless broadband service with MY015 voice communications capability in December 2004.

Source: THE STAR

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
Maxis is still gonna have to use Telekom Malaysia`s infrastructure to provide connectivity rite ... ?? .. so must pay extra for the line or wert ...

according to a few sources there might be more players coming into the broadband game .. Maxis must have some free promo la .. like this who want to switch from streamyx to maxis ... haiyaaa ..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
012 & 017 reserved for Maxis
013 & 019 reserved for Telekom
016 reserved for DiGi
015 reserved for Mimos-Jaring

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Im not sure abt tat, i dunt think they get cope up with TM guys to their new lines, even Jaring is becoming their own landline provider, for example in Rawang Country Homes area, they dunt use TM lines, but Binariang have Maxis landlines :)

Maybe they try broadband more efficient with MY015 :)

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Jaring or Maxis rely on TM lines because they not last mile providers. Recently, the G'man asked TM to open all last miles links to all local telcos. This is good news to everyone as essential such as broadband will be available to everyone. No more waiting 2 years for a phone or argue to TM zombies for line application status.

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
This MAXIS one needs some special modem .. ?? wats tht modem gonna do .. dial to outer space and come back .. grgr ... then what i gonna do with my current modem .. make to a light lamp hehehe ..

MAXIS needs to provide wireless internet excess .. tht would be cool la ...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
RPM_freak said:
This MAXIS one needs some special modem .. ?? wats tht modem gonna do .. dial to outer space and come back .. grgr ... then what i gonna do with my current modem .. make to a light lamp hehehe ..

MAXIS needs to provide wireless internet excess .. tht would be cool la ...
There no special modem required. If wired, just normal ADSL modem configured to Maxis's specification. If wireless, it will be a CPE similar to Webbit or Jaring Wireless.

Opening of last mile access means competitors can use existing TM lines in your house to provide telephone and broadband services. No need to wait for telcos to dig up the roads and install lines.

This is how it works...

1. Let's say you are using TM telephone n broadband services and decided to change.
2. Call up a competitor to TM, say Maxis.
3. They will show up in your premise with application forms and some brochures.
4. Once application approved (usually 3 business days), a technician will access the TM junction boxes located outside of the premise and switch your line to Maxis - change cable position. Done.
5. Technician now go back to your premise and test the connection n make give you a complimentary phone.

Previously, it is very difficult to change telco operators because of territorial disputes between TM and competitors. This is now a thing of the past and consumers can switch to another telco without waiting too long.

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
acbc said:
012 & 017 reserved for Maxis
013 & 019 reserved for Telekom
016 reserved for DiGi
015 reserved for Mimos-Jaring
u missed one thing... 018 for telekom

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
018 is long dead. Can't find anyone using 018 or 011 for a long time...

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
dudes .. maybe in 2007 we can get broadband using PLC .. super kau speed .. :biggrin:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
na_power, you are wrong buddie, 018 is not Telekom's...

TELEKOM - 03 (NMT 450 Land Based)
CELCOM / ETACS - 010 (Analogue)
ATUR - 011 (Analogue)
MAXIS - 012 GSM900 & 017 PCN1800
TELEKOM / CELCOM - 013 PCN1800 & 019 GSM900
DiGi - 016 PCN1800
MOBIKOM - 018 (ATUR 800 Analogue)
MIMOS / JARING - 015 (FUTURE RESERVED)

.. and we have one more freely available and that's 014, Tom have any idea in making 014 as ZTH official mobile line? ;) .. he he ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My 120Y is juz lag of power theseadays..although i have tuned up to 1500cc from the original 1200cc..but it's seems to be getting older..juz wanna get some comment from all you expert guys what engine should i put in and how should i tuned my 120Y..all your advise will be much appreciate..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience