Japanese display

suicidal_dream

Jul 17, 2008
Hi Guys,
Newbie question here.Will probably be collecting my 350z in the next couple of weeks. I was wondering if its possible to update the Sat Nav/system display from Japanese to English. Any info on it is much appreciated.

DoCoMo

Dec 27, 2007
Hi Guys,
Newbie question here.Will probably be collecting my 350z in the next couple of weeks. I was wondering if its possible to update the Sat Nav/system display from Japanese to English. Any info on it is much appreciated.
The Sat Nav system in your 350z is a complicated monster. It offers connectivity to many of your other electronics such as the reverse camera and bose sound system. Therefore you cannot remove/update the exisiting Sat Nav system because it will render all your other electronics unusable but you can rewire/install a new sat nav system over-riding the current one and display maps via your in-dash screen.

Having said that, Garmin offers a very reliable system that can be installed into your 350z seamlessly without affecting any of your other electronics. Put simply, with a bit of re-wiring and $$$ you will have a no fuss GPS system taking the place of your current Jap sat nav without you even noticing it.

national12345

Known Member
Sep 6, 2006
Sorry hi jack this thread as it is related to the display as well. If i want to watch DVD with the in dash display what should I add? Any idea where can I get the booster for the In car radio so that i m able to listen to 90++ mhz channel? Thank you.

DoCoMo

Dec 27, 2007
Sorry hi jack this thread as it is related to the display as well. If i want to watch DVD with the in dash display what should I add? Any idea where can I get the booster for the In car radio so that i m able to listen to 90++ mhz channel? Thank you.
Firstly adding a radio frequency booster will allow Japanese oem sets to play frequencies above 90.0 however you must be warned that the quality of the reception is often lacking. Decent audio installers will tell you installing a booster is in fact not worth it at all. However if you are do not mind the squeeks and frizzez with poor reception by all means go ahead.

Your other solution therefore would be to install a good third party car player. If you pick a DVD player this will solve both your problems as it will be able to receive radio frequencies above 90.0 and also connect to your in dash display.

suicidal_dream

Jul 17, 2008
Thanks for the info DoCoMo, guess i should enroll into a japanese language class now :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone knows how to improve a car's braking power? My car uses disc brake in front and drums for the rear...rear very hard 2 convert to disc brake.. :( got any steel braided brake lines for proton or not? can proton tiara use other car's brake lines? i mean da steel braided ones designed for other cars... :shocked:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience