Japan & Mobilephones

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Japan & Mobilephones

I would like to know in generally of Japanese mobilephone and other's. As in my knowledge, Japanese uses CDMA technology (thier phone can be used in Japan and can be brought to other countries) and outside (for example Malaysian 3G phones which is GSM) cannot be brought into Japan and we need to rent their phone.

Correct and guide me if wrong .. if possible need assistance from those use Malaysian telco and went to Japan.

Thanks

2zzge

500 RPM
Aug 2, 2005
kl
ya is different

i have 2 japanese phones ...one is nttdocomo and one is vodafone...they dun use sim card ...but i hav no idea how their system works...their mobilephones can do so many many many many many many of things...

last time me..go inside phone shop...go register prepaid for 30days then free phone for u

not much i can help soli

2zzge

500 RPM
Aug 2, 2005
kl
i dont think maxis3g works in japan

u dont even get connected to maxis..how to 3g

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
NTTDcomo are CDMA2000 so you cant use their phone is msia plus they have rediculous simlock which no one able to unlock it at the moment.....

For vodafone(Should be called Softbank now), they have some phones using WCDMA which you can use in msia if you can unlock the sim lock, As i know, no sharp models after 903sh can be unlocked, but if yours is Toshiba one then you still be able to find unlock for older ranges like 904T. Samsung one can also unlocked,Those Panasonic and Nec one do not have unlock service up to now.

I used to have one 902sh and 903sh last time, now i still have one Toshiba TX80 with me.

There is fully unlocked Iphone in the market this week, asking for about rm4k......

For you guys info, Japan has the largest populations of users on 3G network in the world......

Sakuraguy,

if you have japanese identity just go register and get the mobile phone in japan, its pretty cheap there but you probly not able to get it unlocked to use outside japan.If you want to use your 3G phone brought in from msia then you can sign network with Softbank, they have WCDMA 3G network which is same as msia.

Last edited:

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
in japan im not sure lar. But 3G phones we can use at korea lo. If not 3G, at korea we cant use. Different settings they say.

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Korea one is CDMA2000 network, which is same as NTTDocomo in Japan. in Most of the country in Asia, the 3G network is based on WCDMA system.But China one may have different 3G network other than WCDMA and CDMA2000 platform....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im using s90 on civic b20b but now getting prob on unstable idling n heard many user facing same problem bcs of vacum leak. Some said using 1gen S90 throttle body not facing idling issue. Some of bengkel said S90 itself prob ( most my frenz using on cibiv b series).

I was tried some method to get stable idling like TPS adjust, Iacv clean n etc. no check engine but still getting prob. 1 more wat the diff cooper butterfly wif crom butterfly? Any diff?

Try getting others brand as Skunk2...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience