It's worth to buy Peugeot 308HPT?!

gt6334a

Sep 10, 2010
Penang
if you're getting the 308turbo, do go in with eyes wide open. being european, it does have some 'europeanness' about it that you may not be used to if you're coming over from a japanese make. you'll need to manage your expectations too. just make sure you know all about the pros and cons and go with your eyes wide open so that you are aware about what owning a european car is gonna require from you... lots of passion and lots of patience.
I guess the biggest thing to bear in mind is always to go to a mechanix who is an expert on peugeot. regular mechanics may mess up the car intead of fixing. this was my experience with the german cars i hv owned.

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I test drove the enhanced 6-speed 308T with 156 HP and all i can say is it's okay for the price (which is reasonable for a conti car). Power not outstanding and acceleration was a bit muted - there was a noticeable lag and i can see the revs building up quickly but the speedo was not really moving as quickly as it should. Perhaps its the heavier 17" wheels. And the autobox is not smooth especially on downshifts. Most apparent is when you cruise to a stop at the lights and there is always a jerk when the 'box downshifts to 1st gear. Not inspiring at all. Having said all that, it's still a value buy if you can accept all the nitty gritty above. For me, if you portray the guy as sportish, then it should deliver, which the Pug falls short of. 6/10 i'd give it. But that's just me.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

About a week ago we posted a video of a Lexus LF-A at full flight shattering a champagne glass (posted below) and now Lexus has released a follow up to that video, behind the scenes footage and the science behind the shattering glass and the Yamaha-tuned V10 engine. If you liked the first video, you're going to like this.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience