Issit possible for Saga LMST 1.3 SOHC to 1.3 DOHC?

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
hey ppl.....

was just wondering....the new proton saga claim 83 hp on engine but i am sure its less on wheels.... my question is that can we convert the SOHC to DOHC? issit as simple as ading another cam..... ? or can we change it into high cams? how much does it cost to convert?

i also want to know the expected results...like 83hp to xxx HP...? can it be done? thanks u sifu and other brothers..

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
got one question ...

is your saga LMST black colour with modified bumper and mod spoiler and tembak bulan exhaust?

or issit a red colour with modded front, side skirts and back bumper?

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
Cams...

Hi, I think maybe u should consider changing your original cam to a street-performance one, e.g. from Powerzone, etc. Less complications compared to adding an additional cam into your 4G13p to make it a DOHC engine. For your stock engine, u might not get the maximum benefits of a high cam/race cam.

p/s: there are others ways to increase your engine's performance, e.g. changing the carburetor, 4-2-1 extractor, etc.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Last edited:

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
oh thanks...eh.our protons not 4-2-1 extractor meh? or issit 4-1 only? dunno.didn't check... ok thanks for the high performance cam suggestion? powerzone kat mana? and expected how many "kuda" is added....? if about 15 kuda then i am impressed and happy ler

nitrus..my car is just a stock new LMST ler.last time only got black and red... the noisy sports bumper and the so-called lotus design meters in ler...air-cond also copy audi tt...hehe...modified...my bumpers kena bang a few times ler....a bit bengkok..out of shape..if u consider that modified.then i guess so ler...hehe..just joking..

and another thing.. my car quite noisy ler when moving...i know its the muffler and exhaust sound.. can i add a center bullet / muffler to silent it.. will i lose power? i was thinking put 2 to silent the sound to the max....my doors and bonnet alredi got some sound proof material.. pls help..thanks..

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
Sure, no prob. Yes, Protons are using 4-2-1 extractor, but the one I am suggesting to u is a tuned-length 4-2-1 extractor. I am from Penang, so I am not sure where the nearest Powerzone outlet is located at your place, sorry... How many "Kuda", well, from what I have read from magazines, the Powerzone guys claim an increase of 15hp if I remember correctly. :tongue:

Hm... As for your noise problem, installing 2 bullets, might not be the best solution, too much backpressure d, might lose power. Maybe u should change your muffler to an S-flow muffler instead, leaving the rest of the exhaust system as it is. That should tone down your exhaust level a bit.

Just my 2 cents... Good luck. :tee:

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
oh ok...i am heading to penang tomorrow, hehe.... 4-2-1 extractor can increase 15 kuda? sure or not? so the banyak one? respect... the performance cams? mana beli? as for the bullets, i think i will go for one first...

my fren suggest me to buy satria gti for a start....i think i better save the money ler.dun wanna change ar so soon...just got the car 2 years old....

and..s-flow exhaust.. wah...sorry.dun understand..hehe.newbie here... how does it look like.... all together if can get increase between 15-20 kuda..my budget is about RM 500..i am happy..i might get filter as well.. should add another 5 kuda right? if my car can hit about 100 -110 kuda's i am happy... at least can tapau some fellas.. hehe.. help help...thanks brother..peace up..

Kelis

Known Member
Jul 5, 2004
Penang
Really? If u r heading to Penang tomorrow, u might want to check out M Power in Air Itam, they r the official distributor of Powerzone products in Penang. Ah... When I was saying an increase of 15 kuda, I meant the camshaft, not the extractor, he, he... :rolleyes: U can get the cams from the shop I mentioned just now. 1 bullet would be better.

S-flow muffler as in auto muffler. He, he... Its o.k. I understand, same here, still learning. Hm, if u have limited budget, u might want to consider changing to a tuned length 4-2-1 extractor first. Glad to help.

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
oh ok....thanks for the clarification.. how much was the camshaft? i think i might change the extractor first...hopefully to get extra 5 kuda..hehe... maybe filter as well...

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
my car still new...2 years old...dun wanna do any thing too drastic..i just need about 150 horses max...i just want something powerful but no mod outside...i dun want anything like mivec or v-tec...just want to have something to play with my frens alfa ...hehe he got high cams.so his kuda should have about 180...i wana ta pau some vios and city also....they always so lansi on the road...

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
seisuichai said:
my car still new...2 years old...dun wanna do any thing too drastic..i just need about 150 horses max...i just want something powerful but no mod outside...i dun want anything like mivec or v-tec...just want to have something to play with my frens alfa ...hehe he got high cams.so his kuda should have about 180...i wana ta pau some vios and city also....they always so lansi on the road...
raise compression, high cam, balance, pnp, exhaust system, open port air filter, plugs, pluag cable, smaller wheels, lighten ur car, short shifter, i recall summore wat :biggrin: hayoo 2 years old already liao la... my fren last time 6 months brand new car also change engine n all the body parts.. color also change... like this sot ppl also got in this world... muahahha

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
wah...wan meh? change engine and change colour some more....respect man... seriously..i dun want anything fancy.i just want some power....no major mods like change engine.....cams, filter, extractor...i am in..others now ler

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
seisuichai said:
wah...wan meh? change engine and change colour some more....respect man... seriously..i dun want anything fancy.i just want some power....no major mods like change engine.....cams, filter, extractor...i am in..others now ler
dun i dun think u will get ur 150hp like that bro lets say 83 on engine where u want to get the other 67hp?? if u r just goin to rely on exhaust, cam, air filter n etc... u know how much does it cost to increase 1hp on a car?? u by spending 1k+ 4 pnp also u will not gain much hp... so think carefully.. :tee:

seisuichai

Known Member
Dec 23, 2004
Taman Mayang
wah.. sure or not so bad....change engine...my frens suggested RB20DET engine..that one got about 160 hp... but i dun wan turbo...minum petrol like mad.... some more have to service more things in the future....

what say u DEV?

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
rb20det in a saga? ur fren sot o sumthing.. he was asleep when he told u this izzit? muahahha mivec got no turbo bro... vtec also :biggrin: so u wont b the odd 1 since ppl did it b4 into a saga.. summore ppls 1 old saga 1st gen... urs new 1... can impress ppl

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, i just wonder is the cvt gearbox from lancer 05-07 fit into waja? both is the same engine. if yes, shall it need to change the ecu as well? hope the pro and sifu can answer me. thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience