Is there a Japanese Cult Car?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

KoichiImpul33

Known Member
Hi guys. Was reading a US forum on cult cars. Noticed that they are all American and European cars, none are japs. Isnt there a cult car among the Japs? They say the Crysler (or dodge?) Stingray (I'm not sure whether this is right or not) is a cult car. How do they clasify it as cult? Just looking at this, can i say that the AE86 is a cult car? is the R32 a cult car too? I hope someone can explain this..

I'd reckon for the japs, the AE86, 240Z, GTR32 would have the "cult car" status.....IMHO la....

When there is a "cult" following (meaning lots and lots of fans or hardcore fans) then a car becomes a "cult" car. Revered cars like the AE86, Skylines, Evos naturally are cult cars.

BTW, I think you mean the Corvette Stingray. A fabulous looking thing. The Ford Mustang (especially the Shelbys), the Chevrolet Camaro, the Plymouth Barracuda for example are American muscle cars that have achieved cult and iconic status.

KoichiImpul33 said:
Hi guys. Was reading a US forum on cult cars. Noticed that they are all American and European cars, none are japs. Isnt there a cult car among the Japs? They say the Crysler (or dodge?) Stingray (I'm not sure whether this is right or not) is a cult car. How do they clasify it as cult? Just looking at this, can i say that the AE86 is a cult car? is the R32 a cult car too? I hope someone can explain this..

dude ur reading a us forum most likely being those a muscle car forum , of cuz la u get such results lol

AE86 is the ultimate jap cult car , even people who dont know jack about cars also somehow can identify it . lol

AE86 has been a "cult" car, due to the FR platform, almost balanced weight distribution, has a light chassis, a poweful powerplant for that era, and very nimble to drive....

hmmmm, I sense that whenever AE86, Skylines, Evos names come into discussion, they always cause heated discussion. Does such discussion abt these cars considered as one criteria to qualify as cult car?

hehe, cult cars normally incurrs cult fight......kakakakaka

Ingolstadt said:
Autochild has a Camaro. 5.7 liter.
Really? Cool...although I suspect its the newer Camaro you're talking about and that just isn't quite the daddy, if you know what I mean.

But 5.7 is tiny in the worl of muscle cars. Hit 7.0 litres and then you're talking.

Last edited:
..or 'nearly' 8 litres, fer that matter.

viper.jpg

i remember reading about some 11liter v8.. can't seem to find any info on them anymore. got pic also, basically the car front wheel just lift off ground when launch, and its a street car.

That's probably a truck engine that they shoehorned into a car. Actually the engine in the Viper was from a truck. So is the one in the Ford GT.

yeah, not to mention these truk engines consume petrol like nobody biz.....We'll, US petrol prices were pretty cheap then, until the Energy Crisis came along. Oso, the auto emission regulation made the engine lame.....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom