Is Perdana compactible with 4WD?

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007
Hi hi all zth buddies and Perdana owners...

Thanks for reading this thread and it would be deeply appreciated if you all can help me on my concerns and questions...if some of the questions were "stupid"...then you have my apology... :P

1. Can Perdana be modified with 4WD? If so, which model's platform should be used? I was thinking about later version of Galant VR4 or GTO...(of course...without concern of getting approval of PPKom and JJ...you know what lar...hee hee...)

2. If using either later version of Galant VR4 engine or GTO's...do the engine mountings need to be changed? Or just "plug and play"?

3. Does Perdana comes with electrical seats? If not, which car models' seats are compactible?

Thanks for your precious time and looking forward to read your all's valuable replies... :)

Sincerely,

Stan

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro...your questions are not stupid at all.....dun worry bro...:biggrin:

anyways.
1. perdana are able to convert ot 4wd, cos the undercarriage has the 'longkang'
for the 4wd shaft. through my experience, puspakpom/jpj wont approve the conversion, unless u bagi 'suap' & must know insider officer la...

2.galant vr4...u mean 2.5 6a13tt? im not sure bout the mountings, might be need some minor mods la..... that also dunno jpj approve anot...:hmmmm:

3.so far perdana does not come with electrical seats.......but if you're interested, u can get any electrical seat from kedai potong & fit into perdana, just need to do some wiring & mod the bracket to fit the seat....

*bro...this is just my opinions.....might be right or wrong.....would vary from other
ppls point of view......

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
Who's the fool said puspakom not approval 4WD????? and 6A13TT juz plug and play... engine same size and mounting same place as well....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro...dont think u know everything.......dont act smart!!!

read my statement!!!

*bro...this is just my opinions.....might be right or wrong.....would vary from other
ppls point of view......

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007
Hi hi thank you all...specially to DanzEterna...thanks for your helpful information... Just some more quick questions...if can be installed with Eterna Twin Turbo's engine...why not making it the Galant VR4's V6 twin turbo (sorry forget the engine code...all I know is 2.5-liter V6 twin turbo)? Or even more extreme...to GTO's V6 twin turbo? Is it because of the maintenance considerations or engine's availability?

Thanks for your precious time and looking forward to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Stanley C. :driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
stanleyc, no probs bro......im not a sifu...just have some basic knowledge only so that i could help u. anyways about galant vr4 2.5l twin turbo 6a13tt, currently not many perdana owners are using the engine cos of its spareparts....i could say its very expensive....but the engine is cheap though......it only could produce 260-270bhp....must well opt for evo engines......more powerful & easier to maintain.....

till today ive only seen 1 perdana with 6a13tt engine, he's in ProPerd club (Proton Perdana Owners Club). if u go to the website, u could see his car (forgot wat colour, white or black) using galant vr4 front bodypart.

GTO v6tt is 3.0l bro....cannot endorse la...unless for track use only...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

perdana54

Known Member
Jun 18, 2007
JB
bro stanley....as far as I know...perdana convert to 4wd is not approved by JPJ...coz I've experienced it once with my buddy car!....and the 6a13tt...mountings is differ frm the original perdana chassis!

as bro Danz said...its better to implant a 6a12tt or 4g63t...into perdana coz...its proven both engines can be endorsed by JPJ and its easier to maintain!...or u can check with the perdana forums as listed by bro Danz!:driver:

stanleycmw

Known Member
Jan 24, 2007
Hi Hi DanzEterna and Perdana54...

Thanks for the websites...will look into the details and modified rides of various Perdana enthusiasts out there... ;) But seriously...if J-Department & PUS-Department is not in the issues considerations...is 4WD and 3.0 do-able? Well...I mean like converting our Wira to EVO 3...only minimum weldings and non-state-of-the-art modifications...? ;P

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you all... ;)

Hopefully I'm not too...:stupid:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
jpj wont approve on illegal modification to 4WD coz it involves mounting the rear axle onto the chassis...strictly prohibited...if you don want yr car be scrapped...better don do it...coz later u cant sell it...more problem
just my advice...no hard feeling ok...

outlawzinc

Known Member
Apr 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
i guess for perdana to install 4wd no need to cut the body as wira...its more to plug n play and can open it whn gonna do inspection or sel yur car.

jz my 2cents:adore:

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
plug and play la the rear axle bro... who tell u need to cut the body??

Dun judge and comment if know nothing about Perdana body to fit axle...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yo morning guys, i'm wondering how to heck to eliminate water stains that occured usually on the front windscreen, rear windscreen & all windows glasses on our car?

My fiancee's Vios & Waja started to have this bloody annoying problem since a year ago & i'm still searching for the best possible solution to deal with it. I've tried sending it for polish at those car spray painting shops & still it wont even last for 3 months! Macipet! Fedup edi ler.

So anyone of u guys can share some...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience