Intercooler recommendation

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
Hey guys, sorry for late replies. Seldom log in to check.

Will be collecting car over the weekend., did a full service and many wear and tear parts to replace (what to expect from 9 yr old car lol).

I logged the air temp with new intercooler during afternoon around 41deg. However this was without hard driving and boosting.

This weekend will hook up the info meter again to test air temp during high boosts. However no plans to send the car for dyno anytime soon, as long as the road tune and wideband shows engine is sufficiently fueled boosting 24 psi (tapers down to 19-20 psi) with no knock/pinging then I'm cool with it.

On the cosmetics point of view, the intercooler is huge. It covers the voltex front bumper bodykit perfectly. It uses back the stock ct9a piping so no mods required on brackets and they provided all the silicon hoses and clamps and brackets to mount on the front metal beams. A stock bumper will be no problem clearing the intercooler even tho the size is significantly bigger.

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
hi bro tomicagtr, cheers!
RM5k for Greddy Spec R? *gulp!*

Any chance that this M7 Competition Type R Intercooler Kit is the same as the Greddy Spec R you talking about? Cause I just placed an order for this.
bro, is the kit complete with all hard piping ? how about battery area ?
does it come with the battery tray to shift the battery 45 degree to make way for the new pipes like what HKS does ?

what is the price ? many thx !

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
Ok did some logging with Greddy Infometer, used the Intake Temp parameter.

Yesterday was a pretty hot day. Went to Klang around 10am-11am and the intake temp was logged at 43deg-47deg all the way cruising around 100kmh with some occasional boosting to overtake cars. However once reach toll or slow down due to traffic, the intake temp rise to around 49deg+. When stationary it went as high as 59deg.

Night driving, not too bad, around 36-41deg cruising. A few pull made it 47deg. Same as above when slowing down or slow speed the temp goes up to 50+deg.

A few point that I need to mention is I have a gialla cf hood, it has many vents and air duct in the middle so my engine bay temp could be very much cooler that can affect my results. However after installing the intercooler and a reflash, the car is very responsive to 6k rpm. Results tested was without intercooler water spray as I have not re-installed the hardware onto the bumper yet.

That's all from my experience, cheers.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
so I guess its a definite improvement over stock? thanks for the data man.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.. help needed here.. anyone know which chop shop in kl has ek9 parts eg. headlamp, tail lamp?? Been looking around in zth and mudah but could't find one..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience