Intercooler for Cefiro Gearbox

nlexis

Known Member
Aug 12, 2005
Klang
somehow I feel that it is getting intimidating...here's a classic example..."Finally moderator, please do not allow little kids to join forums as they misuse their "privilege". if you think u know so much, perhaps, keep your knowledge to yourself...we are all still learning from each other...otherwise, why come to the site....

Ong-san, thanks for the information...I'm outta here...

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Gee, i think everyone is so tense, tegang, pek chek.....I think it's time for Teh la!

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Mafia is right. There is a simple tranny cooler in front of the radiator. Pop the bonnet and it's the pipe thingy with fins coming out of it. Not a very efficient one, but good enough for normal driving, with a normal auto trans. You could replace this with a better after-market one. No doubt, it would probably do some good and extend the life of the tranny, but for non-forced induction, everyday driving applications, the gains are questionable. Still, I do prefer to have a cooler tranny so I am looking into fitting an aftermarket one...or one off a sports car of some kind. My Celica used to have a nice compact one.

The term "intercooler" refers to the AIR cooler used in turbo applications. The heat exchange radiator that fits after the turbo but before the throttle body. As most people here already know, there are 2 types - air/air and air/water. This topic is not really relevant to this forum as we have no forced induction vehicles here now other than the few RB powered A31's. No doubt, if I decide to activate my project...it will be one of the many things on my mind... :smile:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Wa lau! Uncle go away for a while and you kids start fighting oledi... :laugh:

Chill guys! This is supposed to be a fun club...that's why so many feilo here... :smile:

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
I installed, feel lighter and low FC, expecially after long journey.

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Can probably try to rip one off a scrap sports car. All high powered turbo applications have one. The Toyota ones are very nice. Small, compact and efficient. Can try to get it with the bracket so can mod to fit under the ceffy.

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
That one new one ler, expensive too.

My one get from Pejaro. Total cost me 250

Intercooler 150
Hose (6') 30
Hose Clip x6 30
500ml ATF 15
Modify + labour 25
Total 250 ( Good friend price ):biggrin:

Here some picture.

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
Feel better when overtaking or accerate, dun think can put extra h/p on it.

Other is a bit big, cant find a good place to put it in. this one got 9 line for oil flow about 12" x 11" x 1" diameter.

Hope this info can help other member when install the oil cooler.

May go for engine oil cooler later, but the mounting is damn expensice about 200++ per pics so.... plan and let my friend test it first :biggrin:

Later will try "own make ground cable" for 6 pic of spark plug coil. (cost 20 bug and few hour job) :smile: just to comfirm will it work will or not? hopefully can reduce FC again :biggrin:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Hmmm...ground cables for the ignitors? Let me know from which point to which point...I've been thinking about it to... :smile:

A329878

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
Updated

Just installed my AT fluid cooler . :_:
I do DIY about 1 hour :regular_smile:

After installation 1st gear to 2nd gear shift very smooth :driver:

The transmission cooler is barely visible through the front grill and is in an excellent location to receive high airflow. The cooler will help out if you do a lot of stop and go driving or "spirited" driving that tends to heat up a transmission

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Good to know. Perhaps time to visit the scrap yard for that Pajero oil cooler... :smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my seat belt no longer pulls back by itself..after releasing, it only retracts a little bit at a vr slow pace...

so, is there anyway to repair it back to new/good working condition?? bare in mind, it should not compromise the stopping ability when it is pulled/jerked...safety first...

i havent reli seen the seat belt mechanism b4..so i was wondering, wat affects the ability of the seat belt to retract?? shud b a spring rite?? if so then it shud b rather easy to replace a new spring so that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience