Installation oil cooler kit

LX Limited

Jan 22, 2008
Dear all sifu suggestion.
i'm using AE101 with stock BT 20v,planing to install relocation oil filter kit and oil cooler in my car.But some of people said if fix the oil cooler kit on stock engine oil presure will be reduce and no power at all. dear all sifu can give suggestion.:nurse:

thanks!

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
yeahhhhhh,, oil cooler.. on my way to do it. haha

come talk it..

i also heard ppl said pressure will drop once installed oil cooler n relocation kit.

but i think if the oil cooler size is not really too big ( i planning use 9 rows oil cooler from mitsubishi) and piping dun too long .. pressure will not drop so much ..

any experienced user to share here.. ahhah

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
i heard the relocate will drop much presure than just add in oil cooler. I not sure it true or not... but me also planed to Bolt on Oil Cooler too.

dragg_91

Known Member
Apr 29, 2008
yeahhhhhh,, oil cooler.. on my way to do it. haha

come talk it..

i also heard ppl said pressure will drop once installed oil cooler n relocation kit.

but i think if the oil cooler size is not really too big ( i planning use 9 rows oil cooler from mitsubishi) and piping dun too long .. pressure will not drop so much ..

any experienced user to share here.. ahhah
I support what you say! The longer the hose and the bigger the cooler, then more pressure will drop! Keep it short and just enough big! Dun go overboard!

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh..... i customing it .. hop will nice.. haha

my svt also not power much.. drop a bit pressure no worry for me.. ahhahahaha

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
yup if instal oil cooler, with stock oil pump, the pressure sure will drop.
some more if with relocation kit lagi kao kao drop:biggrin:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
so 7, => install oil cooler => install relocation kit => upgrade oil pump ?

SE.G

Known Member
Nov 24, 2006
Sarawak
yup if instal oil cooler, with stock oil pump, the pressure sure will drop.
some more if with relocation kit lagi kao kao drop:biggrin:
will the fuel pressure regulator helps ? thks

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
nothin to do with fuel pressure regulator..tat's juz the fuel pressure into combustion.

i've been using it for 2 yrs now, quite a big ass cooler...positioned to juz behind the grill and the filter beside the radiator. yeap..oil pressure will drop, but no significant power drop. if you install it, better install along oil pressure and oil temp meter for you to monitor it, and if you not sure if the pressure is acceptable, juz post it up here for feedback.

Last edited:

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
nothin to do with fuel pressure regulator..tat's juz the fuel pressure into combustion.

i've been using it for 2 yrs now, quite a big ass cooler...positioned to juz behind the grill and the filter beside the radiator. yeap..oil pressure will drop, but no significant power drop. if you install it, better install along oil pressure and oil temp meter for you to monitor it, and if you not sure if the pressure is acceptable, juz post it up here for feedback.
big ass cooler:biggrin:like chu one ah? with that big cooler, maximum can go ho many bar?

yup agreed with wat u said, oil press and oil temp meter is important after installed oil cooler.

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
chu's one if i not mistaken was 5 very long rows, mine is 13 rows although not as long. so it's juz the dimension diff. max i can only do 6bar..:(

this sunday track day..u got go?? hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there ... :)
I'm driving an Iswara Aeroback with Iswara SE muffler mounted and a local made aftermarket bullet...

The muffler is kind of bassy and solid.. but if on long journey, i think the muffler would deaf me... hehe...

I would like to know is there anyway to make it more silent? Is putting on a second bullet can solve this problem?

thnx...
all da best ppl!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience