improve power of spectra...

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Invoke, go for the flashy S15 la...
Drive it while you can.
Later on only go for saloon when you have your own family.
But if you wanna form Accord gang, it will also be a good news.
One of my friend who owns an Accord is eagerly looking for members to form a new Accord club.
Maybe you all can join venture into forming this club?

Just my little 2 cents... :)

B

badaveil

Mmm... with reference to the my message dated 11/11/2006, I need to make a correction what I mentioned earlier about kerb weight of the Spectra as I was once told it was 1570kg and went on to believe so as it was also mentioned elsewhere at www.paultan.org.

But I looked up the Spectra Owner's Manual and under specification, noted there is "GVWR" that states 1570kg whereas "Curb Weight" that states "1112-1187"kg for the Type 4HB 1600DOHC engine.

So I checked up Wikipedia for the meaning and found that:

"A gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is the maximum allowable total weight of a road vehicle that is loaded to capacity, including the weight of the vehicle itself plus fuel, passengers, cargo, and other miscellaneous items such as extra aftermarket parts"

whereas

"Curb (kerb) weight is the total weight of an automobile with standard equipment, motor oil, coolant, a full tank of fuel and not loaded with either passengers or cargo"

For comparision, www.nazakia.com.my quotes the Spectra Novus kerb weight to be between 1,110 – 1,139kg whereas at www.eon.com.my quotes the kerb weight of the Proton Waja 1.6 4AT engine as 1205kg

Thus it can sum up that the KIA Spectra's kerb weight is the heavier 1187kg but is lighter than the Waja 1.6 AT.

Last edited by a moderator:

suayap

500 RPM
Dec 4, 2004
Just went to some Exhaust Shop like WEI YIP or WEI xxx something and ask thjem to help u remove it !