Imitation Spare Parts

lavon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
Do you ever experienced buying parts from spare parts shop, which are imitations? I seldom buy spare parts and if I did it’ll be of those like brake pads, absorbers, patrol filter, oil filter and engine oil. I recently bought 2 pc of rear Monroe absorbers for my ISWARA and a set of spark plug cables. A friend told me that the absorbers supposed to be black color, not blue plus the spark plug cables is imitation though on the packaging itself written it’s made in Australia…<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I somehow wonder if it is true then why authority never survey these spare parts shop and identify the imitation parts… :sad_smile:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
ai..malaysia boleh ma....

example:jpj will gif us a 'saman' if our tinted glass can't go thru their test,but y there is so many so called "illegal" tinted film in the market?y don't they(jpj & consumer department) go & kick their ass?

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
I also kena few time before from 1 spare part shop.Now i am avoiding buying from him.Thank You to his staff "MAT REMPIT" reveal the truth behind his boss Imitation become ORI.

ju onn

Known Member
Aug 30, 2006
5115 said:
ai..malaysia boleh ma....

example:jpj will gif us a 'saman' if our tinted glass can't go thru their test,but y there is so many so called "illegal" tinted film in the market?y don't they(jpj & consumer department) go & kick their ass?
The JPJs will says "... itu adalah di dalam bidang kuasa kementerian perdagangan (or whatever).. kami cuma menguat kuasakan undang-undang..."

Damn! And now their already got gun now!!:mouth_closed:

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
someone already posted the pic where they recondition the used absorber, repack it back and sell it as a new absorber.

try the search function bro...

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
im thinking whether those distributor need to do some under table to get those JPJ approved cert?

juz curious....

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
ju onn,
Yeah. Now that JPJ has a gun, they may just fire at anybody who "breaks" the law and "defy" them during a road block or whatever. Particularly, the JPJ will also shoot based on their mood. Or they will also shoot if anybody tries to superceed them at any time. This is the impression that I have.

lavon,
Imitation products being labelled as original products has been going on for years. I can't even remember how long already. Side tracking a little bit, take a look at the 3 pin power sockets that you buy. Most of them has the SIRIM sticker. Once you open the package, try to use it. Do not be surprised that some of the power sockets does not work, or some will cause sparks till the plastic on the power socket is burnt. It's either the people knows where to buy SIRIM stickers or SIRIM is TOTALLY NOT doing their job.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
go get parts from authorized distributing workshops to avoid fakestuff ? but if its the ori dealer doing the imitation themselves then nothing can be done.

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
So nowadays don't outrun those jpj.If u see them around the corner.If not u are in a shooting pursuit.Not car pursuit

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahahah....no wonder the owner of sparepart shop I used to go has 2 Toyota Harrier and 1 Estima for his wife.....

These ppl buy immitaion with low price then repacaked and selling for Ori price. Their profit must be more than 3 or 4 time....

Wira Y2K

Nov 22, 2005
Yup i got the blue Monroe as you.Gas type.

Used only for 2 month the left side punctured and the right side spoilt.The shop was lucky i lost the receipt,damn mad with myself.

Mine I dont think is Imitation cos got Monroe written on the abs,but another shop said it could be old stock.

lavon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
Satria_95, you are indeed correct dude... its been happening for years and I wish something decent can be done to stop all that. i wonder why manufacturer built original stuff and make the price accessible. Coz they don't, I supposed... others start to take advantage to sell fake stuff... been to BROTHERS... sony EXPLODE thinggy.... I don't even convince they are original...

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
Nowadays alot of repack parts.Engine oil,oil filter,spark plug,suspension.Mostly common parts that usually user use.They recycle it

lavon

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
Ky, u're indeed correct, especially the spark plugs. I did bought a set of spark plugs which a honest mechanic show me at the middle plat ring showing the mar which shows it is a recycle plugs... if I go on using it will surely causing problem to my engine. The engine oil filter, shock absourbers, you name it...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus out there,

I am currently facing a problem here, I have bought a mazda B8T 210 engine and it is in the midst of transfering it into my mazda astina.

The problem now is, the mechanic is facing a problem to help me lock the by welding the gearbox in order to become a 2wd. He has send to some machining shop but he told me its gonna leak and wont last long. So he say better source for TX3 or a b6 gb.

Please Please Please helppppp! Its been 3 months already.:dontknow:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience