*Idle Problem*Do you encounter this?

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Sorry for late update about my case. The problem now is finally solved.

1st, they check the TPS, due to me MFD show 2-3% when idle, he adjust the TPS to make it 0% but fail, then he swap to new TPS and check the fully close/open throttle voltage, MFD show 0% after new TPS installed.

We tot problem solve, but its turn worst. Car can't even start UNTIL he adjust the AAC idle screw. Then the car go through a ECU tuning(because of new 700cc injector, nismo fuel pump, fuel filter is installed). The car now is so smooth and so far never stalling once, rev indicator never fluctuate.

At here I have a question, although my car now is very smooth and dint stall when idle. But I encounter 1 minor problem is my car difficult to start ONLY when after the car is warm and off for some period like 20-30 minutes. I need to give some gas then the problem gone.

However, The car is easy to start during:
- cold start and
- after car is warm and off for very short period like refill petrol(5-7mins)

Anyone have this problem? This problem dint effect the car when cruising(very smooth now), just difficult to start the engine. Anyone can give some comment?

My personal silly thinking: will the 700cc injector still flow out little amount of fuel when engine off and cause the car difficult to start?

Last edited:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Glad to hear that! ...Anyway what is your spark plug heat range?
Thanks Tom, lucky last time I bought new TPS from u~ Erm... I'm using this spark plug from HKS, is a M series iridium(50003-M40i), I saw this reading "8番", is it the heat range?

lemon_demon

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
haha.. mine have to step on the pedal each time i start, no matter warm or cold! could live with it n i accept it as spices of life.. hope will be solved after install power fc

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Yup it`s heat range....8 consider cold, try use lower heat range. OEM is 6, but 7 should be fine for
boost up car.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
haha.. mine have to step on the pedal each time i start, no matter warm or cold! could live with it n i accept it as spices of life.. hope will be solved after install power fc[/
I don't like my car like this.... Will change my spark plug to '6' or '7' heat range and see how ^_^

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Yup it`s heat range....8 consider cold, try use lower heat range. OEM is 6, but 7 should be fine for
boost up car.
Thank you so much Tom~ will swap to '7' and see how~ hehehe:-)

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
even nismo recommends 7 for the spark plugs (which is included in the 'Sports Resetting' package)

owtaman

Known Member
Oct 9, 2008
I have idling issue on my ECR33-S2, RB25DET, it fluctuate but does not stall.

Recently I replaced no.2 and no.4 ignition coils and I see the biggest improvement since all the other things I have done to fix this idling issue.

SUJAAR AR RACING

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
MR NENI .. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE DID U TUNING YOUR CAR ....change your tps for idling problem..thz

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yesterday my car kena scratch by i think a lorry .... a lil out of shapr oledi .... out of shape nvm .... but leave one line like half inch thick and 1 feet long without paint wah so clear ..... can anyone tell me how to recover that line without spraying the whole door .... coz expensive la .... i just wan the line to dissapear onli ..... any idea ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience