i would like to install an equalizer

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

renxun

1,000 RPM
im planning to get a used unit of branded equalizer. however im in doubt on where is this thing should install.? my HU pre-out went to electronic crossover and from there to my 4ch amp towards passive crossover that came together with component set ,towards speaker and a sub output for monoblock powering my sub.

the equalizer installation is between the HU and electronic cross over ?
between electronic crossover and amp?
or between amp and component?

between HU and el. xover

where could i purchase myself a spectrum analyser? i tink i need it to get a linear line for my frequency responses

better go to a shop with RTA (real time analyser) then u can properly tune your equiliser, make sure its 31 band. the RTA costs about 10k and only the better shops have it...but they will charge u a bit la for tuning...maybe u can work a deal saying u will tune yourself, just want to use his equipment...

If you have a laptop (or PC?), RTA software, good calibrated mic, you can also DIY at home :)
trueRTA is one example of RTA SW. Take note that most RTA software are not free or the free one has very limited feature. :)
Browse for RTA software, then you can see the HW that needs for the SW to work properly.
The easiest approach --> like Zenn said, go to shops that provide the service :D

Top Bottom