i am boosting 2.3 bar with no power?wtf

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
Have U Ever Seen A Gsr Turbo Boosting 2.3 Bars?

Well My Gsr Can ,catch,no Power.....

My Problem Is When Boost Kick In 3.5 Rpm The Boost Meter Reads Max Boost 2.3bars At 5-6 Rpm.no Power .no Kick.this Sucks Because Even Up Hill I Have To Put On Low Gear And Floor The Trottle.

it used to have popping sound when the rpm reached 5
but after i changed the spark plugs no poping sound but this new problem came.

i cant seem to get the kick when sudden flooring to overtake or even go fast.

I Tryed Changing My Boost Meter Still The Same.to maybe get a different reading but still the same.

I Am Using Auto G/b.

is it The Problem Be That The G/b Is Rosak.

is it reditor sumbat?

is it turbo internal wastegate "actuator" rosak?

is it turbo rosak?

Please Help.

Last edited:

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
2.3 bar no power? wtf

i think ur gbox kondem liau...

a plug change to ngk rm12 per set solved my problem instantly. i was using bosch super 4 cant rev past 4-5krpm.....

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
maybe ic piping or any piping loose? thus u loss the pressure? or any gasket? seal? bov?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
td04 2.3bar ?
gsr ? i tink reading wrong, 2.3bar on gsr, ur conrod would have snapped

wht r u tuning on ? fuel injectors n fuel pump specs

engine specs ?

2.3bar could be a creep of actuator condem

u can run at 5bar also , bt if boost is leaking, and that air is calculated via MAF , its just gonna run super rich with no feel. black smoke n fire is normal

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
higher boost not necessarily means more power...
do take into consideration dat higher boost makes more heat, thus loosing more power....cos what we want in the first place is cool air, right??... im not surprise when u say 2.3bar, u get less power than a lower boost...... cos all turbine has its own optimum working boost level...if u exceed that limit, u will only get extra heat and no power... secondly, if u still use standard ECU, then im not surprise also.. running at 2.3bar will sure force ur ECU to retard Ignition timing to avoid knocking...boost cut sure to trigger as well.. cut ur fuel supply.. so, no fuel, no power lor...

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
stroker_kit said:
higher boost not necessarily means more power...
do take into consideration dat higher boost makes more heat, thus loosing more power....cos what we want in the first place is cool air, right??... im not surprise when u say 2.3bar, u get less power than a lower boost...... cos all turbine has its own optimum working boost level...if u exceed that limit, u will only get extra heat and no power... secondly, if u still use standard ECU, then im not surprise also.. running at 2.3bar will sure force ur ECU to retard Ignition timing to avoid knocking...boost cut sure to trigger as well.. cut ur fuel supply.. so, no fuel, no power lor...
bro,

u are very smart guy.but i dont think its anything to do with what u say.

i am running my gsr on ori spec.i was boosting at 1 bar max.

whan i went and changed my timing belt and gearbox oil this "shit happens".

even i turn a/c on can like going to die. kancil all laughing one.

i think this is a revenge from god,for smoking all them n/a cars.

i already know one of the problems tho....."my wallet going to get a big hole" :baring_teeth:

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
jinkl said:
td04 2.3bar ?
gsr ? i tink reading wrong, 2.3bar on gsr, ur conrod would have snapped

wht r u tuning on ? fuel injectors n fuel pump specs

engine specs ?

2.3bar could be a creep of actuator condem

u can run at 5bar also , bt if boost is leaking, and that air is calculated via MAF , its just gonna run super rich with no feel. black smoke n fire is normal
hello brother jinkl,

now i fuel rm 20 ,can get only 34 km.

do u think the actuator condem.

i have spare td05 actuator and tested it by pluging a hose and tanbak with air"airgun"i noted that in the back of the actuator of the td05 there was no air bursting out from the back of the actuator while the actuator rod went up and down.

but the tdo4 actuator that i am using now one does have air bursting out from the actuator.

could it be that is the problem?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
now i fuel rm 20 ,can get only 34 km.

OMG!!!! more thirsty than Veyron!

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
If have air bursting out of the actuator of your turbo and yet you have boost reading up to 2.3bar, it means your actuator is not able to control boost and thus boost goes all the way up until the valve flap opens up by itself under the exhaust pressure and then the boost stops increasing but probably flutters at this point. You are lucky your engine did not blow up.:regular_smile:

Your engine may be near detonation at this boost level as the td04b is pumping very hot air into your engine and at the same time the engine is running lean. That's why you don't feel any power even at this boost.

Back off the pedal from now until yoo get the actuator fixed.:regular_smile:

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
if thats the case (air bursting out form actuator), then its clearly ur wastegate problem la... the boost signal was supposed to push ur actuator rod and open the wastgate to regulate standard boost level, which is 1bar... but somehow got leak soemwhere, the rod dont have enuf pressure to open the wastgate... result= overboost... wastagate tak mau bukak...that explains evrything..

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
Stock GSR turbo boosting 2.3bar, and your engine is still alive...? You should be happy and grateful and thank god. Hahaa.

The "popping" sound you experienced, if not mistaken, means you are running lean, fueling is not enough...after changing spark plug and no more sound? Could be you're getting a wrong set of spark plug and thus not enough spark to fully burn the fuel mixture...thus, no power. Just my guess anyway.

Other than that, if you are still using stock intercooler and push it to 2.3 bar, I'm pretty sure your intercooler is out of its effective efficiency.

If your are still using the stock turbo and push it to 2.3 bar, your turbo is running in extreme stress and heat is produced far more than boost pressure already. Your engine might be pigging, and engine timing is retarded like there is no tomorrow and you're not noticed that.

So add all those problems together, not a surprise if your engine performance is dropped tremendously and you should be happy it's still alive.

If your engine is still in stock setup, I'd say down boost it to maybe, says, 12-14psi. That maybe is the max efficient output which those stock parts can still handle without harm.

Cheers...

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
problem solved.......

the actuator was the problem.

i took out the ori actuator and changed to td05 actuator
i needed to modify the kaki and tambah nuts and get longer bolts.

now my gsr back to normal....

but i say man even a small thing like the actuator gas a lot effect on turbo funtion.....

thank u all for your advice.....

now time to for me to smoke some more n/a cars.:shades_smile:

kekekeke.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Seriously a series of car faults these days....

I went for a manual transmission fluid change. I brought my own gear oil. After draining my transmission of the old oil, it was time to fill in the new. The worker used a machine that was meant to flush ATF to pump my new gear oil into my gearbox. I wasn't sure if that was the standard procedure, so I kept quiet but made sure he flushed the machine thoroughly. And I did ask him to run the machine through with more fresh gear oil.

Long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience