Hyundai Coupe Crashed Pic

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Coupe chassis and structure are built tough. Thats why it is choosen for rally race.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
The Coupe in the pic had been rolling over and over again a few times and all the main components were intact to the car after the accident.
Designed for the safety of the passengers on board!

tears

Nov 2, 2006
bro daniel;

by looking at the picture, something cross my mind, since the coupe is so badly smash, can i say that the only way to salvage it is to " sambung kereta" ( attach the upper part with the lower part of different car)

so, if we sambung the car, JPJ inspection can pass or not ? if cannot pass, then the car can sell or not ?

Just out of curiosity ...lol

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
tears,
those Coupe are considered totaled.
Meaning that they are badly damage and beyond repair.
Those Coupe are not road worthy anymore and will be sent to the scrap yard or chop shop to sell as half cuts.
Joining the car from two different Coupes and sell it as usual used cars is against the law in Malaysia as the car is considered not road worthy and it will cause danger to the passengers in the car and also to other motorists.
But there are sindicates that join those cars together and sell it in the market at lower price and sometimes at market price.
In the end, if those buyers of those cars will be victims.
They called those cars "kereta potong".
JPJ does not approve those joined cars.

Last edited:

tears

Nov 2, 2006
but again, on one occasion my friend also buying a coupe weeks ago and upon making the down payment, the 2nd hand car seller send the car to JPJ for inspection. After the inspection, the seller told my friend that JPJ didn't "lulus " neither "gagal" the car, they just told the seller that they suspect that the car is kereta potong and they need to undergone a more through inspection, something about using chemical or liquid.

I personally had saw the car b4 and the condition is simply superb, apart from few scratches, no dented...nothing. So as my friend heard this, he was so worry that he drove the car to a familiar workshop and the workshop guy told him that there are no sign of kereta potong at all.

so what intrigue me is that :_

a) Can someone really make a potong car so beatifully done that even workshop guy also cannot tell the difference ?

b) Is it really so hard for JPJ to believe that a sporty car to have such a beautiful body is not a kereta potong ?

c) Could it be that JPJ want some kopi b4 approve ?

d) We call up almost all the car insurance companies and check with traffic about any possible huge accidents that require for potong kereta, and surprisingly the record for this car is clean as a whistle. Is it possible ?

Sorry for the many, many, many question bcos it simply intrigue me on the profesionalism of JPJ in their car inspection. By the way, my friend manage to get the car passes after weeks of waiting.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
tears, you're welcome with questions. :)
Answers to your questions:-

a) No matter how good those ppl join the car, it will leave some flaws with the car.
The best way to check is to take out the carpet in side the car to inspect whether there is any welded line or not. The welded line will be obvious.

b & c) All depends on the officers. Can't really rely on them to tell you whether it's a "potong car" or not before some delicate inspection is done.
We are living in M'sia and corruption comes with no surprise.

d) Yupe, it's possible that an used car can have a clean traffic record.
Maybe the previous owner was a gentle and law-abiding owner or maybe he/she uses the car as a weekend car therefore the possibility of the car having a clean record is high.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
tears said:
a) Can someone really make a potong car so beatifully done that even workshop guy also cannot tell the difference ?
Possible at the exterior (with great Sifu handcraft), not for interior under the carpet and plastic cover. Puspakom will tear down all interior (in very rude way) to check the "kereta sambung" condition.

tears said:
b) Is it really so hard for JPJ to believe that a sporty car to have such a beautiful body is not a kereta potong ?

c) Could it be that JPJ want some kopi b4 approve ?
Possible

tears said:
d) We call up almost all the car insurance companies and check with traffic about any possible huge accidents that require for potong kereta, and surprisingly the record for this car is clean as a whistle. Is it possible ?
Owner didn't claim any insurance and pay all sambung job? very slim chance. Coz the work is not cheap.

tears

Nov 2, 2006
BlackSamurai said:
Possible at the exterior (with great Sifu handcraft), not for interior under the carpet and plastic cover. Puspakom will tear down all interior (in very rude way) to check the "kereta sambung" condition.

so what you meant to say is that after the car being throughly check by puspakom, the interior condition will be disastrous & what about chemical inspection ? not very sure about how it works either.

Possible

Owner didn't claim any insurance and pay all sambung job? very slim chance. Coz the work is not cheap.
So if the car had been so deadly thrashed, the owner will not be so stupid as to pay all the repair job with his own money, is it ?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche have taken the driving trials of their development hybrid super sports car one step further with the completion of the first batch of prototypes. Porsche says all plans are on-track for the 918 Spyder to go into production by September 2013, with the first customers receiving their cars before 2013 is over.

The camouflage you see in these press images...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience