How to Smoke Your Tail Lights....

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
The first thread has colored tinting other than grey/black & I can see how that is illegal as it will be changing the color of the light output. I have seen ah bengs with red headlights before.

I believe in certain states in America, having yellow/french-ed headlamps are illegal.

Again, I would really like to see where it is written in the law that smoking/tinting the headlights/taillights are illegal.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm not sure smoking headlamps/tail lights is illegal but most people are doing it. I think if the light is still visible, then is still alright?

As for tinting, Tinting clear coat, should definitely be alright...or even coloured tinting? Saw a Vios with blue head lamp...

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
even if its illegal the chances of being pull over by police / jpj is slim because normally it's hard to notice because it's at the back,

damn, just saw one mk6 R this morning, the tail light smoke very gooding, i think it come like that from factory

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
either that just purchase a smoke headlamp for the car model. Settle the problem and hassle but then DIY will at least have your own
originality :smile:

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Really love the smoked tail lights look but wanna make sure my ride is 100% road legal so jpj won't kacau.
see the 1st thread i posted, post #15, the seller said that deep gray not approved. seems to imply that it's not just the colour but also how dark the tint is. but then again, it's from a forum, so...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, so there is no confirmation on that or confirmed illegal to tint your headlamps/tail lamps...anyone got experience that can share?

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
When JPJ setup roadblocks, they are only out to catch you with the most common mistakes/mods. I have personally seen a Avanza driver that was not wearing his seatbelt RIGHT IN FRONT OF A TRAFFIC POLICE who was manning the roadblock...and he just rolled past

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just bought 1st edition RSM (from ZTH) and figure to DIY installing it.
Took some pic to share..hehe

First.. you must have RSM la off course.. so this is mine..

Then find the manual for the coloured wires..
EG-red> +12V.
-black> ground aka -0V
-orange > +12V
-purple> speed signal
-yellow> RPM signal

Locate your computer...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience