How good is GAB

SHENzz

Jun 25, 2006
Any one using GAB hi lo coilover or have heard feedback of the GAB hi lo adjustable plz tell it out tq

SHENzz

Jun 25, 2006
errr...okiezzz...than how is the quality of the product

icecube

Feb 7, 2005
local made product is even better. can service and good warranty (straight swap new one for u) no need courier charge to send here and there .... and time wasting also....

The famous Titan also local brand... is it not good? LOL!!!

GAB is good interm or price over performance. Just Ok section, not a big wah .... just okie. heard some batch got leaking problem after 6 months usage... so better check every month....
and their advertisment are so keng until u feel u are actually paying for their advertisment more then buying the product itself........

xtorm

Dec 9, 2003
long time no c icecube....ur car is doing god ei.....? heheh

my car is using gab, i think its japan made cos it came with the car when i bought it 2nd hand...

its hard on my car, mayb my car is too light, n i think its meant to b hard for taking corners...

its not tose stupid absorber which bounce all around when it hit holes or floating when cruising 160 on the highway, my car is not low either, with 5 persons inside, i can pass bumps with ease.....but i can really feels tose holes man!!! road feel is good...

no leaking, its been 2 year in the car i think from previous owner

icecube

Feb 7, 2005
Hey xtorm, long time no see u also. my car doing well, cutting down on modification nowadays.. :P

anyway, performance abs are quite hard and not so comfortable one. it also depend on what spring you use with the abs. a good combination might (just might) get you both performance and comfort.

Depend on the price of Gab Hi lo comparing to other brand which u can customise which level of comfort and performance u want... eg.titan
I think local gab only give 6 months warranty? (correct me if i am wrong) well, find out more info and give it a ride before buying... not everyone taste is the same.
like xtorm car might feel hard for u , or maybe not hard enough.... (but his set is japan one, so u cant really compare)

the Gab can set the damping rate or not ar?

Speed Demon

www.freewebs.com
I'm using a set of the Malaysian Made GABs. My absorbers is not adjustable, just custom-made by them. The springs are the original springs of my car. I bought them in 2001 and only recently they started leaking. So all I need to do is get them serviced. They only give a 6-month warranty but if you get your hardness setting correct in correspondence with your spring rate, I don't think there will be any problems. Of course if you get a fully-adjustable unit (both high/low & soft/hard) then it wouldn't be a problem.

There are a lot of locally-made suspension kits available nowadays. And they are all competitively priced. So I think you should make your decision based on how good their service is, how much they charge for servicing and whether they have the equipment & technical expertise to do things like measure spring rates etc.

I also suggest you find out what your standard suspension settings are before creating your own settings. That way you have a base setting to return to if your own settings are not right. Remember that a "race" setting might be great for the track but impractical when you are driving on local roads with 3 passengers in your car....:X-:

Pie_Wira_AB

Oct 28, 2005
i'm planning to buy GAB adjustable myself around end of this year...

mrbear

Nov 16, 2005
im using GAB Sports Absober for my ride. bought brand new for 1k++
my GAB is fully custom made. its not adjustable,coz i dun prefer hard type,bouncing car.

my gab sports absorber are 50% comfort + 50% performance.

what i can tell its good!.. damn. nice conering.. cun la.. differences its not adjustable. its "sports absorber"

Mrnazmi

Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Daily used is ok to use GAB Local (Kepong)...
But i'vd been told that for the performance, better find Original Japan GAB, usually from half-cut..
Gud luck!

mrbear

Nov 16, 2005
due to the model of my car. hard 2 get orI from japan. if ori from japan sure already OLD la.. my also 14yrs old .. if GAB ori from japan oso sure around 10 years alredi for my car..

better i custom made new ones.

i bought my GAB straight from the factory. RS in Kepong.

diff between oRI n local made GAB.. our LOCAL gab is made for our road condition in Malaysia. not as ori in japan. made for JAPAN road condition.

since 6months been using GaB . i do 100% satisfy. im a happy locAL GAB buyer!

* just a story la. if "sports car" sure u know u must have a very good absorber for your car. else if u get CRAP/B**SH*T absorber sure u effect ur car performance. ive been thinkin and do research b4 i custom made my gaB. i do look for TEIN,TANABE,HKS n other branded brands. but lastly i do choose GAB for my sports car. i do really happy with it.

Speed Demon

www.freewebs.com
stillen said:
wat about..comfortability...performance wise?
It is difficult to answer questions like this because different people have different standards for comfort & performance. What is ok or good for me might not be the same for you.

This is the website of the Malaysian manufacturer for Gab: http://www.rsone.com.my/

Fluffy

May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
hrm,i still dont know whether i shud get GAB or KYB SR. it all depends on how good the local GAB is.:_:

meg_omen

Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Speed Demon said:
It is difficult to answer questions like this because different people have different standards for comfort & performance. What is ok or good for me might not be the same for you.

This is the website of the Malaysian manufacturer for Gab: http://www.rsone.com.my/

yup... you're rite bro. i've been using the GAB hi/lo adjustable - local made, and it's already been 1 1/2 year. so far there's no complaint what so ever either from family or friends on it's comfortability, can still take fast corners with 4 people inside.
it suit me very well in terms of performance and comfort... btw, i'm using SEG97 auto.

justlikeu

Nov 18, 2005
hehe.... izzit the GAB sport absorber short stroke with GAB lowered spring GOOD ar? anyone using it? cuz i might wanna get it for my wira1.5... = )

hi all...my car hav gearbox problem when change new gearbox...?my pomen try 3 gearbox auto and same condition.1) my car no pick-up like vtec not funtion.2) Rpm 3k equal 120kmj3) some jerk when slow dow the car.any opinion and recommended good workshop.tq..019-2173727