Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine and Performance

Honda Turbo Kits

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
lilvee said:
Your stock engine maybe can handle 300HP, but for sure your auto tranny wont!

Yeah.. you should convert to manual first, this will be a very good idea.

And for the cost, our kit will run you about RM7,800 (1st stage) as in Package #2. This only good for 0.5Bar boost at max due to your stock engine.

An upgrade to stage 2 is required to achive 300HP. This depend on your power preference, where you want you power to be... this will determine your new bigger turbo selection.

In order to achive 300HP, you need a strongger rod and piston. Yours is the k20 or the 1.8 one? You need a custom order if you have the 1.8 engine. And if you have K20, just buy maybe crower and srp combo. This alone can easily run you another RM5K!.

How about your traction? You need a good clutch that can handle your wild 300horsie... This maybe can cost you RM4.5K if you opt the Exedy Twin Disc. You also need LSD... erm, custome maybe from Quife! Hoo hoo.. it close to another RM5K!

Erm.. I think thats it for now.

Thanks
wow....... that seems like some 20+ K of modification ..... haha ...... too hardcore liao ..... i got to rob the bank 1st....

mine is a 2.0

any way .... auto gear also can put turbo right ?
(stupid Q i know .... ha)

lilvee

Known Member
Feb 21, 2005
KL
Visit site
Ha ha... I'm not to scared you.. but its all true, not easy to handle 300 wild stalion bro..

Ok, our kit will give you 75~100Hp at crank with 0.5Bar max boost. We will place the power band that will be gentle to your auto tranny.

The k20 have 155hp + 100hp max - 25% (traction lost from auto tranny) it yield you +/- 195WHP. ermm... hows it sound? Enough laa...

The stock K20 love low boost pressure.. it will give you the extra torque that NA engine lack off.

KillaJay

Sep 22, 2004
IdSi turbo

bro,

just wondering, An 1.5 IDsi Jazz engine is totally different to the VTec. considering its a Twin spark engine and many new technology. do u approach this engine configuration different from the Vtec. notice the black jazz u did was it an IDSI? has the owner face any problems that u have learned to fix? im really interested to TURBO but just worried cuz its not an engine that we all have much experience to modify yet.

thanks !

lilvee

Known Member
Feb 21, 2005
KL
Visit site
KillaJay said:
bro,

just wondering, An 1.5 IDsi Jazz engine is totally different to the VTec. considering its a Twin spark engine and many new technology. do u approach this engine configuration different from the Vtec. notice the black jazz u did was it an IDSI? has the owner face any problems that u have learned to fix? im really interested to TURBO but just worried cuz its not an engine that we all have much experience to modify yet.

thanks !
Hi there...

The black Jazz turbo that u mentioned is VTEC, and still running strongger until now.

Either iDSI or VTEC, it doesn't effect our turbokits, coz we only feed a compressed air into your combustion chamber, we do not alter how your engine combust.

Thanks

KillaJay

Sep 22, 2004
heard that Idsi engine can easily kaboom when turbocharge. do u have some sort of warranty for your work dude?

lilvee

Known Member
Feb 21, 2005
KL
Visit site
Act.. the worse enemy of boosting this iDSI engine is due to its super duper Lean mixture combustion. If you put AFR meter you will be surprised that it can goes to 18:1 ratio!

As long we supply enough fuel and bring the mixture to 12:1 when boost kick-in, we dont have any issue.

Thanks!

paddy

Known Member
Jul 20, 2005
Bintulu
i is honda civic 1.7 , d17a auto ....
i like u turbo kit too , but i at sarawak , if self install can ? how about tat ecu ?
tat ps ecu work ? n auto can tahan ? got sample pic ?

ckcivic

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
hi,i am driven civic 1.7auto D17a1,for N/A setup...
i alreally have crower stage 1 cam,vafc2,open air filter,ik22 ...more...
are u doing Porting & Polishing for Head Porting ..and wats the max bore u can go for the D17 block?
if i just want to order the aluminum Forged Pistons and rod?
My ori bore and Stroke : 75 mm X 94.4 mm
My ori Compression : 9.5:1
Got any pistons can go to 11.0:1 compression ratio?
if u have sell ,pls give me a quota...thk

Status
Not open for further replies.