500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
nice.....
me also a vtec turbo driver for 3 sweet years

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

Let the installation begiiiiiiiiiiiiiin !!

from tomorrow pictures of the installation process will be posted. Only one thing, I'm still not sure what should I do with the management system. nobody does hondata for this car without any problem! they say its gonna be released next month ! I don't know what should I do . should I go with a piggy back ?

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
This is vital decision that you have to choose. If you planning for low boost pressure application, piggy back could do the job IMO... But, if there is a plan to increase the boost pressure later on, then stand alone would be the only solution. Not to mention your engine internal parts needs to be strengthen and upgrade of fuel supply (fuel pump, injectors, etc)...

Discuss further with your engine builder/tuner and get his opinions on this matter.
Remember, build it once and build it right.:biggrin: Good luck mate

p/s: I was wondering wh:smokin:ether your build configuration will be based on K23A1 configuration found in Acura RDX

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well fuel pump will be changed as well as injectors ;) but its gonna be 10 psi boost only . The problem is that the configurations using hondata is much much more advance and complete . However piggy backs r not that bad too ... This car has a k20z2 engine which is same as acura csx . But this turbo and everything has been installed for the first time in here so i cant say its based on any previous project or not

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
10 psi is almost 0.7 bar. Are you going to retain stock internal?

On the engine management, of course they will be some pros and cons either to choose stand alone or piggyback. Choose according your requirement/needs. I am pretty sure you did a lot of research for your project, and know what's the minimum parts and hardwares required. But if you have got enough budget, opt for standalone. Good platform for future modifications/upgrades.

BTW, Acura RDX is running on 2.3 i-VTEC turbo, came out stock standard from factory. It's a SUV (like CR-V).

Last edited:

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yep , stock internals ! For engine management , my second choice is HKS standalone which costs like 3500 RM . Hondata costs like 3K- 3.4K so its not that much difference . One of the problems i have is the o2 sensor which can be eliminated by hondata only ! With HKS I can just somehow cheat the O2 sensor but i cant eliminate it .

dareMAX

Known Member
Aug 3, 2004
RAMD
Hi Soroosh,

Mind telling us what they send you inside the package? Bigger cc injector, FPR & .. etc...

Coz I think u need to upgrade a lots of things... :)

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
590 cc injectors , fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, oil supply, oil cooler, and rest of the things which is neccessary for turbo installation.

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Guys there is a problem with the package . This package is made for left hand drive cars. Manifold doesnt mach , the power steering is on the turbo's way ! The guy should design one for it an it takes 2 weeks to install . Do u guys know any manifold which has short outlet pipes and with the header more to the left ( if the header is at front of u ) ?

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Looks like you need to customise a manifold.
You may try to contact JFA exhaust in Sunway. But, I'm not sure about the quality and price. I never engaged with them personally.

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi , i'll check it out in the morning .but I think i cant find any and i've to w8 two weeks till he customize the manifold . Shit that sucks ....

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Finally the manifold is almost ready ! Piping is ready and down pipe as well ! Intercooler matched very well ! No modification was required for intercooler. Fuel pump changed and only afew things remaining . Car will be ready next week ... Stay tuned !

YeS_No

Known Member
Mar 11, 2008
Wow..nice project, good investment..i believe FD1 have much easier layout for BOT since the exhaust manifold in front of the engine rather than K20..but you have done it, congratsss...and your car could be name as FD2T!!!..replace R to T (Turbo):burnout:..haha..im still considering to BOT my FD1 untill now..Stay update this post..really wanna know the last result..:driver:

Soroosh-ab

Feb 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Haha , thanks . U r right about the fd1 ! Its much much easier but u'll get less power at the end and no paddle shift ! Designing the manifold was difficult but its done . I hope to get a satisfying result ! Pictures soon ! Stay tuned for FD2T ! Haha ;)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
more picture more picture :adore: