Honda B20 Top Speed only 120KM after with Mugen Twin Loop Rep

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello All SIFUS brother & sister.
Here I am facing a big problem with my car after get installed Mugen Twin Loop Replica Muffler on my car Honda CRV which is STOCK B20 Engine.
After get installed the muffler...It feels very heavy to accelerate and soon I test my car top speed at highways this morning at about 4.00 AM I ONLY CAN REACH 120KMH!!!:confused::banghead:
Before this I am easily get 170KMH...and sometime get 18oKMH on VERY straight long highway.
What is actually the problem of my car.

Oh my car is all STOCK but last two month I did cut the Catalyst Converter and replace it with straight pipi...so what is left is (EXTRACTOR -PIPES-RESONATOR BOX-MUFFLER) ALL STOCK
And yes I did get some improvement from it!!

But now after I installed a MUGEN TWIN LOOP REPLICA MUFFLER my car turn to be heavy to accelerate
and the TOP SPEED ONLY 120KM AND CANT GO BEYOND!!!:banghead:

Is it really because of I dont have the Catalyst Converter for BACK PRESSURE work properly with the
MUGEN TWIN LOOP REPLICA MUFFLER ????:rolleyes:

Do I have to buy a new Catalyst Converter so that I can get on my TOP END BACK or do I have to just replace it back with my UGLY STOCK MUFFLER ???

IS IT THE MUFFLER PROBLEM OR I DONT HAVE CATALYST CONVERTER??

PLEASE I AM REALLY IN A BIG HEADACHE

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
change back to previous muffler or go back to that shop, problem settle

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Sounds to me either the new muffler is causing the exhaust gas to flow out slowly rather than quickly. This is related to the "back pressure" , in which case yours is lacking pressure. Time to use back stock or use a smaller or s flow muffler

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Sounds to me either the new muffler is causing the exhaust gas to flow out slowly rather than quickly. This is related to the "back pressure" , in which case yours is lacking pressure. Time to use back stock or use a smaller or s flow muffler
change back to previous muffler or go back to that shop, problem settle
If go back to the shop they will most properbly suggest me to buy and add something bla bla bla..from them...
Is there any chance or ways to overcome this such problem without remove the muffler and replace the stock one ?
it such a waste if I just change back to the stock one bro...

Is my exhaust system not good or should I get catalyst converter install on my exhaust system since I've remove it...
I just curious why is most people car work just fine with this exhaust without any problem as mine?
I see even unmodified Proton Wira use this exhaust perfectly and simply improve their performance...

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
test it for a few days, let the exhaust tune itself......
if after a week still no progress, replace back your cat con.

dun tell me u left your cat con at the exhaust shop....

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Others may have tuned their intakes to match their exhaust. Or they did not remove their cat, hence the back pressure still high regardless of the muffler. In your case, your exhaust set up is considered to be straight pipe with very little restriction especially after installing your new muffler.

Last edited:

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
test it for a few days, let the exhaust tune itself......
if after a week still no progress, replace back your cat con.

dun tell me u left your cat con at the exhaust shop....
So now I have need to give it sometime so that the exhaust can tune itself?
If still the same...replace back cat con to the exhaust system...will the back pressure increase hence the gas flow is high and I can get to my Top Speed as normal ?

Oh I kept the cat con in hand and dont know it is still fine or should I replace to new on ?

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Others may have tuned their intakes to match their exhaust. Or they did not remove their cat, hence the back pressure still high regardless of the muffler. In your case, your exhaust set up is considered to be straight pipe with very little restriction especially after installing your new muffler.
Sorry I am noob...
tune their intake to their exhaust...it is intake inside the muffler or intake system of my car?
About the cat I've removed mine long time ago...or is it the cat inside the muffler bro?

Yup mine is considered to be straight pipe and have little restriction after new muffler...
So doesn't it makes the back pressure is low for gases to flow since I have a little restriction?
The best bet is to install back my Cat Con ??

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Intake is the air intake system consisting of all the components before the intake valves; ie : air filter, ram pipe, air flow sensor, manifold, throttle body. By tuning the intake to match the exhaust, you get better power.
As for your straight flow exhaust, there's too little back pressure which causes exhaust gas flow to flow outslowler than your stock muffler. This is detrimental to the scavenging process happening in your combustion chamber. Hence loss of power.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
first.. tro to reset your ecu.. maybe by pulling out the battery terminal overnight..

secondly.. try to add a center box / bullet to replace "cat converter" that you have thrown out..

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Intake is the air intake system consisting of all the components before the intake valves; ie : air filter, ram pipe, air flow sensor, manifold, throttle body. By tuning the intake to match the exhaust, you get better power.
As for your straight flow exhaust, there's too little back pressure which causes exhaust gas flow to flow outslowler than your stock muffler. This is detrimental to the scavenging process happening in your combustion chamber. Hence loss of power.
So now I need to install bullet to replace the cat con or by simply install back the cat con on the system so that I get increase back pressure for the gas flow out fast to gain my power back isn't bro?

Ok I see...But how to do tuning for intake?
where can I get tuning service in Ampang area and the price to do tuning intake is how much bro?

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

first.. tro to reset your ecu.. maybe by pulling out the battery terminal overnight..

secondly.. try to add a center box / bullet to replace "cat converter" that you have thrown out..
BrO I've disconnected my battery terminal for overnight yesterday...
Now this morning it's still the same...car slow like hell even kancil can get pass me easily...

Is the solution is to add bullet to be replace the Cat Con?
Where can I get better bullet and what brand bro?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
throw away la that twin loop muffler....

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
throw away la that twin loop muffler....
Haha it such a big money for me bro to throw away this muffler even thou it's replica not original...
Any recommendation bro to solve this problem with this muffler to work finely ?

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

why you hand itchy in the first place??
Haha I just want to make my car a bit of sport sound and gain some power at top end...

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
BrO I've disconnected my battery terminal for overnight yesterday...
Now this morning it's still the same...car slow like hell even kancil can get pass me easily...

Is the solution is to add bullet to be replace the Cat Con?
Where can I get better bullet and what brand bro?
i've de-cat my v6.. no noticeable power loss.. but the exhaust sound annoyed me.. so i replace it with a center bullet..

same story with my neo auto.. replace my cat-con extractor with de-cat 4-2-1, annoying exhaust note.. low end power quite lemau but quite nice on high rpm.. so i add on another center bullet and it improved the low end power and makes the exhaust note sounds even better..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Haha it such a big money for me bro to throw away this muffler even thou it's replica not original...
Any recommendation bro to solve this problem with this muffler to work finely ?

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Haha I just want to make my car a bit of sport sound and gain some power at top end...
errr..no i mean maybe that twin loop muffler not suitable for your engine...maybe its chocking the exhaust flow....so try have another test with straight flow exhaust first....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have just started my latest project which is Supercharging my Audi Cabriolet.

I will be using an M62 Supercharger from a Mercedes SLK and I have a Sard rising rate fuel pressure regulator to handle the extra fueling that will be needed but I need some help in finding some instrutions in English for my Sard regulator as the ones I have are in Japanese and that is not one of my languages.

*****Thanks to anyone who can find these instructions in English*****​
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience