HKS,APEXI,BLITZ,OR K&N Filters? Which is better? Check this link out..

thrasher

Apr 29, 2007
Just wanted to share this info with u all so u can get a better picture of which filter is better..
The link below is a comparison between the 4 most popular filters in the market, HKS, APEXI, BLITZ, and K&N..
Check it out:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Correct me if there's anything wrong here.. :X-:

2 Old 2 Rusty

Nov 18, 2006
Thanks for the good info, bro.

Adeen

Apr 28, 2006
seen this before....
thnx for reminding on this

hitz

Kepong, KL
I've tried APEXI and HKS... I feel that for performance HKS is the best... Hehehe...

netmatrix

P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Thy only tested 4 models? I read an Australia magazine, (should be the same one) They tested 7 types. Including a imitation HKS, Simota and a generic brand unknown. The four results are correct as in the website. But tell you the surprise is Simota. It offers almost same performance as K&N but much more cheaper.

wfhan

this link/info exist 3 yrs ago lor.
i think since then each brand manufacturer will certainly improve their products with newer model and better performance...

netmatrix

P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Oh i didn't check the dates. You are right. The magazine i read was backdated last year. Some Aussie peformance mag. In fact Apexi didn't score that well. The best was K&N. And there is residue left even by the best on the paper. But the link you gave was like Apexi sucked out all dust! Damn i hope it wasn't some attemp to glorify Apexi which is not realistic at all. (BTW their company changed hands now)

If i have the money, K&N is the way to go. If i'm broke, then Simota. hehehe. I'm still tempted to own a Blitz SUS just for looks.

m|ng

May 13, 2006
Yea, im thinking of a drop-in for my corolla too.

Narrowed down to HKS or K&N..but i feel K&N has better filtration?
HKS looks very...holey...

i'll start with my collection, show your car (and yourself if possible) with whatever you've done to it.

this is my car..

stock standard Kancil 660 turned into tarmac special, rollcaged by WRC Motorsports, TiTANed, brake hosed by ProRS, Triniti clutch, UltraRacing barred, BRiGHT bucket seat for driver and OMP for co-driver, both secured by SCROTH safety harnesses. Stickered...