Hi Newbie here!! AE101

nemoman

Dec 2, 2010
Singapore
Hi There!!!

I am from Singapore and I jus got my first 1993 AE101.

May I ask where is a good workshop to go to for stock parts for this car ( In JB)?

And also hope to know more people who own this car .

I hav lots of questions about this car man. Dunno where to start hahaha!!!:adore:

nemoman

Dec 2, 2010
Singapore
well i still figuring wat parts i need to change ( wear and tear ).

and stuff i would like to change like firmer shocks and spring ( but not too hard untill uncomfy)

also most importantly i would like to know got workshop in JB that have parts for this car both stock and perfomance wise.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Oh yah the more urgent stuff is actually shocks.

May i ask where i can do my shocks in JB?? I looking for Tokico Shocks to replace my current ones. Front left bottom out liao... the rest also abit bouncy........weak liao according to my friends.

So may i ask where can i get tokico shocks and roughly how much??

Best if hav address of JB shop that i can key in my GPS.

Yhanks!!!:adore:

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
i'm actually from East Malaysia. anyway, I don't mind sharing. First of all, u need to kno wad u r pursuing. If you're goin for normal day use, go for normal shocks. If you're into performance tuning, then you'll need those high performance shocks (that is if you plan to go for engine transplant in the later stage).

i don't think it's hard to get Tokiko over in West Malaysia, u'll need to source it out. But in East, it's a rare item. Try change the bushings of your car, so that it'll sound like new car again. There are many things to upgrade. All I know is that you just got a car with a great price to performance ratio and durable. Small budget can give you a car with enough HP to smoke most cars on the road.

Perhaps for a cheaper start, you can try to improve on the car handling such as suspension system, strut bars, 4 disc brakes. those are not that costly. Then slowly you move to performance parts. Just my 2 cents.. hehehe

I just tweaked my AE100 to a blacktop recently and I'm happy with what I paid for.. :cool:

MrPenghulu

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
Hey dude, i'm from JB and i study at Singapore as well...... we can share more about AE 101

nemoman

Dec 2, 2010
Singapore
Hi I want a more daily ride that is nice comfy. Hopefully also handles well.

I looking a stock shocks too and bushing well how much does it cost to do whole car bushing?

As for power i like wat i have. And i a more stockist type person. I jus thinking of stiffening the chassis for better handling. How do i put it hmm... say STOCK HEIGHT, and Shocks... but stiffer chassis... like anti roll bar braces and stuff... now i jus need to know where to get them.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Hey Bro thanks!! U in SG u do up car here or in JB?? Any workshop to reco??

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Ya tokico is quite good. Im using it in front. You can start with 3 point strut bar and fender bars. Then your chassis is quite good already. If you want your overall car be stiffer with less vibration you can try autofoam

MrPenghulu

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
i'm right now at JB having my holiday.... Its kinda long if i'm gonna share about AE 101 stuff....

i try to post my AE 101 in ZTH here.....

what about yours?

nemoman

Dec 2, 2010
Singapore
NIce love the colour of the car. How bulbs u use for the cluster guage? Can it be easily done. Mine is very dim and yellow....

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Ya tokico is quite good. Im using it in front. You can start with 3 point strut bar and fender bars. Then your chassis is quite good already. If you want your overall car be stiffer with less vibration you can try autofoam
Where u get your fender bar and 3 pt strut? Any particular brand?

Tokico nice i really considering them. But SG not easy to get i ask wrkshop they all like blur blur.... dunno why. I need to go JB find liao... but dunno where to start.

MrPenghulu

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
the meter gauge itself was done by me..... DIY
i use LED on it and take off the old lights.....
Strut bar i got it from Kedah state... ( there is a reason for it)

otismummum

500 RPM
Oct 28, 2005
Bro nemoman, try look for our lubang king Ivan. I think he ihave quite alot of the stuff you might need. I have a friend in Singapore using AE101 also , a white color with Wagon bumper. I dont know if you know him , Ong. Young chap... nice guy.. sure you cant get spare parts in Singapore la.. this model I think long time they scrap already. here still quite alot spare parts available.

MrPenghulu

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
hey, i think we should hold a gathering on AE 101 or AE 111. That would sounds cool... what do you guys think?

nemoman

Dec 2, 2010
Singapore
I am using Ultra Racing brand. Not sure where to get from JB. I got it from KL.
Ultraracing got it. i think i got friend from HOnda Club know where to get from JB.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

hey, i think we should hold a gathering on AE 101 or AE 111. That would sounds cool... what do you guys think?
In SG yeah it wil be cool.

nemoman

Dec 2, 2010
Singapore
Bro nemoman, try look for our lubang king Ivan. I think he ihave quite alot of the stuff you might need. I have a friend in Singapore using AE101 also , a white color with Wagon bumper. I dont know if you know him , Ong. Young chap... nice guy.. sure you cant get spare parts in Singapore la.. this model I think long time they scrap already. here still quite alot spare parts available.
The White car i think i saw selling in SHC? But later he pull out i PM him over at that forum see he got reply a not. kekkekekeke

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

WHO IS LOBANG KING IVAN???

Where is he???

Got any lobang for my AE101:adore:

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

HI BROS where to get cheap stock type new shock absorbers...

SG selling 100 SGD a pc... abit expensive... anybody can help?

I dun mind stock, KYB or tokico .

IketaniX

Known Member
Dec 8, 2008
JB
i think it should not be a big prob if u want KYB new stock absorbers...
just normal spare parts shop can get it for you with some waiting time...

nemoman

Dec 2, 2010
Singapore
The problem now is price i guess. 100SGD per shock absorber is it over priced?? Can I get in JB cheaper? Pls help need to change my shocks,

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

No, you don’t have it right. This isn’t an aftermarket kitted Ferrari 599, in fact it’s not even Italian nor powered by a conventional piston-driven engine. Best bit is this menacing machine is custom-built and quad-rotary powered.

Built by the creatively-named independent German manufacturer Rotary Super Cars, the Raptor GT is a specially-built...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience