Help..!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

krow

Known Member
hi peeps,

a lady fren of mine, has some problem wif her 4 yr old wira 1.3 injection. after 5 mins of driving, the engine would experience uncontrollabe revs up and down.. like a high cam not being able to idle.. but the engine is stock standard. she has replaced a thingy (twice) in the intake manifold which her local mech said was missing some teeth.. (as far as her explanation goes).. but the same prob keep reoccuring.

i drove her car last nite, and the revs is quite fast and gets louder after a while driving.

any ideas wat shud be replaced?

thanks!

Krow, its common problem for Proton cars that the idle control koyak. The mechanism is plastic not metal. Must replace. My friends 1.6 injection also rosak twice last year.

it's the idle control valve whatchacallit thingy ... i think :unsure: :D

idle control valve made out of plastic somewhere near or inside the intake manifold? :D

My friend called it Tamiya gear located somewhere at intake manifold as I remembered...

yup....its a gear....shouldnt cost much to get it replaced.....

also...err...this is a Toyota section....lol :)

Krow u can buy that part. Look at www.proton.com. I would wanna post the link for u. But their page has some sort script that causes my browser to hang. There is a link in there under spare parts. I remember the Proton guy here posted that part details with price too. :) Maybe u could ask the proton guys about it.

lady? kekeke ur gf?

dun need so susah...it sounds like a faulty FICD...idling control device...
just go to some experience workshop..the mech can replace it around 100+/- or cheaper if i'm not wrong...

thanks peeps...

replaced it last saturday at my mech, part costs RM38 (i think if shud be cheaper).. but got hantam by labour charges worth RM30. i was around when he fixed it and it took him almost an hour just to get to that small black plastic thingy (does look like some plastic part from a toy Tamiya :D) anyhow i wanna see how this one lasts...

btw she's a friend... hehehehe :ph34r: known her for more than 10 years now..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom