Help !! where can rented glass for inspection?

gtr_vspec

Known Member
Aug 17, 2008
Anyone please help me, i want to sell my car r34 gtt. Want to get the car for puspakom inspection,
but my rear and triangle glass is original black.Where can i rent the glass??
can contact me....0125604636 THANZZ

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
bro last time i did inspection at jpj (caldina) with no problem..all round rear glasses are fully black..i just say to the officer that the car came like that so i cannot do anything about it..then they just let me go...have you tried to do an inspection or you just heard from ppl?you call jpj or live chat with jpj to settle your problem..sure they'll be willing to help you..just story the real thing what is going on..

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
It depends la bro. Some people have problems especially when registering Skylines for first time because the Puspakom people don't allow the rear window to be tinted that dark because they don't understand its actually the glass itself that is dark and not the tint.

Usually salesmen etc have contacts who provide this service of temporarily swapping over the glass but you could end up paying hundreds but if you are buying the car from them then it's something they do for free.

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Wait... initially I thought my glass was dark. Then when I sent the car for tinting, Peter said that the black is actually window tint.

I don't know... maybe my glass are not original.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Wait... initially I thought my glass was dark. Then when I sent the car for tinting, Peter said that the black is actually window tint.

Bro, does Peter know you're a friend of mine?

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping

This is true...skyline originally doesn`t comes with black windscreen/glass, most is tinted by owner...there is only light greenish which for UV block and this wouldn`t harm you for PUSPAKOM inspection

gtr_vspec try check yours :)

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
I have a couple of spare glass with me BUT do not have the rear windshield one tho.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
This is true...skyline originally doesn`t comes with black windscreen/glass, most is tinted by owner...there is only light greenish which for UV block and this wouldn`t harm you for PUSPAKOM inspection

gtr_vspec try check yours :)
How come my cousin's M-Spec Nur came with dark glass? It was definitely not tint and he really could not pass the inspection despite the car being totally stock coming from Japan. It's not like he bought some GTR modified by Nobita in Tokyo; bloody thing cost 470k.

Orang Mata Ayaq tu. Cuba hang cerita sikit. :proud:

Yup... first time I went there I told him he came recommended by you.
Is it? Cause I remember dropping off mangoes and I asked if any red Skyline came in and he didn't seem to remember. This was awhile ago, when you first joined our online mental asylum.

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];4497518 said:
How come my cousin's M-Spec Nur came with dark glass? It was definitely not tint and he really could not pass the inspection despite the car being totally stock coming from Japan. It's not like he bought some GTR modified by Nobita in Tokyo; bloody thing cost 470k.

Is it? Cause I remember dropping off mangoes and I asked if any red Skyline came in and he didn't seem to remember. This was awhile ago, when you first joined our online mental asylum.
Maybe I came after that. Bought the car in July, did the alarm probably sometime in Aug or thereabouts. Then came back almost a year later to do the tits...i mean tints...

And of course recently... did some ICE on the Trek. Kalau dia kata dia tak kenal aku gak... or claims he can't remember any red Skyline, then I'd better go back and buy some more stuff from him!!!

Hahahahahahah.....

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Maybe I came after that. Bought the car in July, did the alarm probably sometime in Aug or thereabouts. Then came back almost a year later to do the tits...i mean tints...

And of course recently... did some ICE on the Trek. Kalau dia kata dia tak kenal aku gak... or claims he can't remember any red Skyline, then I'd better go back and buy some more stuff from him!!!

Hahahahahahah.....
I think this was long time ago. You did headunit or something? Wasn't major lah basically.

Haven't seen him in awhile, might drop by this afternoon if I don't fall asleep. Usually musim buah will definitely see him lah.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping

Yea know that car and have seen it before!....hehe...Skyline in STD form doesn`t comes with dark windscreen but they can option it when purchase new car with extra cost.

those windscreen was call privacy windscreen 79712-AA123 with extra cost 28,000yen ....that was more expensive than tinted~hee

So i think that M-Spec Nur previous owner option it to privacy glass since he can pay it,hehee....and yea M-spec Nur car is too exclusive so it`s abnormal for the owner having a clear screen on it~hehehe :biggrin:

PS: What kind of security alarm is good at Malaysia currently??

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Yea know that car and have seen it before!....hehe...Skyline in STD form doesn`t comes with dark windscreen but they can option it when purchase new car with extra cost.

those windscreen was call privacy windscreen 79712-AA123 with extra cost 28,000yen ....that was more expensive than tinted~hee

So i think that M-Spec Nur previous owner option it to privacy glass since he can pay it,hehee....and yea M-spec Nur car is too exclusive so it`s abnormal for the owner having a clear screen on it~hehehe :biggrin:

PS: What kind of security alarm is good at Malaysia currently??
See that does not make sense. Why they put privacy glass at the back? Must be the type that's really conscious about their balding hair.

I don't believe that alarms in Malaysia can be compared just by looking at the features of the various types of alarms. Installation is also equally important I believe. But generally I see people trying to get away with as cheap an alarm as possible; which is fine if you're driving a stock Kancil. But for car enthusiasts like us, if something were to happen, we not only get screwed by low payout by the insurance company we also kiss all our aftermarket parts goodbye.

In terms of brand, I believe Clifford is good but it would be wise to explore additional features. Also, go to someone you trust. How much are you looking to spend?

Actually where you live, the time of day you choose to drive around, etc is really important as well. Nowadays people car jack and commit all sorts of violent crimes; sometimes to steal just a wallet what more a car.

Actually that's my justification for driving fast. It's a manually operated security feature :biggrin:

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
You're right kaminari, the Skylines and other JDM models tend to offer privacy glass as an option.

Some Puspakoms hidden far away use to close a blind eye for this but it's a risk one has to take.

Theres a shop behind Tawakal that offers the complete rear quarter and rear for rent. PM me for more info.

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
[PIMPIN];4497667 said:
See that does not make sense. Why they put privacy glass at the back? Must be the type that's really conscious about their balding hair.

I don't believe that alarms in Malaysia can be compared just by looking at the features of the various types of alarms. Installation is also equally important I believe. But generally I see people trying to get away with as cheap an alarm as possible; which is fine if you're driving a stock Kancil. But for car enthusiasts like us, if something were to happen, we not only get screwed by low payout by the insurance company we also kiss all our aftermarket parts goodbye.

In terms of brand, I believe Clifford is good but it would be wise to explore additional features. Also, go to someone you trust. How much are you looking to spend?

Actually where you live, the time of day you choose to drive around, etc is really important as well. Nowadays people car jack and commit all sorts of violent crimes; sometimes to steal just a wallet what more a car.

Actually that's my justification for driving fast. It's a manually operated security feature :biggrin:

Perhaps like what you say~too much attraction and it`s too striking to see from behind~hehehe
....Japs law allowing you to put privacy glass for passenger but it`s illegal for front glass...unless you`re one of Y groups,hee

Last time use Boomerang, but can`t find replacement for a broken remote :( ....need find new 2-way alarm, aiming at Hornet 303V...don`t how much at Malaysia including installation.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

From a necessity, the internet has evolved into one of the most important communications medium of today. And with such importance stands today, Malaysia’s first national automotive maker Proton had announced their collaborative move with one of the most advanced 4G networks in the world, Yes, in producing Malaysia’s first 4G internet cars. This new feature will be as a standard, starting from the upcoming new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience