Help !!! Water stain remover causes matte surface ...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I had the same happen to me on my Wira, Putra and Inspira.

Wira:
- Tainted by rain stain remover
- Solved by replacing the mirror (RM 8)

Putra
- Tainted by RainX

Inspira
- Tainted by RainX
- Solved by claiming warranty from Proton (it was still under warranty so why not).

Give the toothpaste method a try if budget does not permit. Just make sure you use a clean cloth to avoid more scratches. And also do take care not to scratch the back of the mirror else you can say bye bye to the mirror.

[email protected]

Aug 5, 2008

Wira:

Putra
- Tainted by RainX

Inspira
- Tainted by RainX
- Solved by claiming warranty from Proton (it was still under warranty so why not).

Give the toothpaste method a try if budget does not permit. Just make sure you use a clean cloth to avoid more scratches. And also do take care not to scratch the back of the mirror else you can say bye bye to the mirror.
Hey bro, so that means you get the mirror replaced just with few ringgits? How come? Is it original one ?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
replacing just the mirror. not entire side mirror module.

Non-original parts but pretty clear and so far after so many years, with constant cleaning, no watermark.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Wira:

Putra
- Tainted by RainX

Inspira
- Tainted by RainX

Bro.,
Where do you get the mirror to replace the side mirror? Those from glass shop are one to one mirror.
Original side mirror are convex mirrors, that is why the reflection looks smaller and wide angle...

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Hi all Sifu ... Few days ago I tried to clean water stains on my side view mirror using the water stain remover. Then after that the side mirror started become blurry and there is a rough matte surface on it. I tried all sorts of way I can though of to get rid of it but no luck. :bawling: Hope all sifu's can provide any ways or suggestions to get this fix. Any suggestions and feedback is greatly appreciated ...
Did you use those Forma Head or Tomcat water stain remover from supermarket shelf?
If yes, still can remove but tough work. Got a few member kena on their front windscreen. Have to polish with machine to remove. Even with machine and compound took some time to do it.
Side mirror difficult to use machine. By hand will be tough work....

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Bro.,
Where do you get the mirror to replace the side mirror? Those from glass shop are one to one mirror.
Original side mirror are convex mirrors, that is why the reflection looks smaller and wide angle...

I got the side mirror from Jalan Pasar. Both the wira and putra was using normal mirrors. Non convex. I dun think all side mirrors are convex. If it is, it should have a disclaimer there stating "Warning, objects may appear closer than actual" or something like that. But hey, I could be wrong and I stand corrected if I am mistaken.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Did you use those Forma Head or Tomcat water stain remover from supermarket shelf?
If yes, still can remove but tough work. Got a few member kena on their front windscreen. Have to polish with machine to remove. Even with machine and compound took some time to do it.
Side mirror difficult to use machine. By hand will be tough work....
Which is why I suggested to TS to try using polish or compound. Remember that side mirrors are plastic whereas front windscreen are glass. So it may or may not work. But yeah, those rain stain remover thingy, keep it away from side mirrors and windscreen with wipers.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Which is why I suggested to TS to try using polish or compound. Remember that side mirrors are plastic whereas front windscreen are glass. So it may or may not work. But yeah, those rain stain remover thingy, keep it away from side mirrors and windscreen with wipers.
My side mirror original also glass. If plastic, then even rain X sometimes can blur them....

Oh! I check mine and is convex. Even the glass shop I went to, he already inform me once I said is side mirror, that what he can give me is normal glass only as many side mirror are convex.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you want to replace only just the mirror, it should be less than RM40 tops. Wira ori one is RM20+ only.

If you want to replace the whole side mirror casing and all, I only have 2 words for you : Half...Cut..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If you want to replace only just the mirror, it should be less than RM40 tops. Wira ori one is RM20+ only.

If you want to replace the whole side mirror casing and all, I only have 2 words for you : Half...Cut..
My Sonata III cannot get half cut one also......:banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For you it's 3 syllables : mo-di-fy.

:biggrin:
For DIY sifu, is easy to say......:top:

I got the glass replaced. Problem is the outer cover broken too. Survey all the Kg. Subang chop shop also don't have. If mod have to change both sides, if not look funny.....:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Get putty filler la. That one easy DIY. Then spray diy using touchup paint.
Yup, that was what I intent to do, but putty cannot because one chunk came off. Intent to make a mold then use epoxy mixture. Spraying no problem as the spray painter have promise to spray if I can repair it, since he also cannot find replacement.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was cleaning my car speed meter and rpm meter plastic surface with microfiber cloth. But cause some minor surface scratch

Scratch level: finger or nail can't feel it, but can see the minor scratch from side reflecting

dear forumer, any solution i can remove the scratch?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience