HELP Needed To Set-Up ICE System On My Waja.....

ACG-KAiZEN

1,500 RPM
Oct 14, 2008
Hi ICE Gods,

Need your advice on some ICE stuffs. I have finally decided to upgrade my stock Waja sound system. Have lots of things in mind but am working on a budget and have decided that I would take it step by step. So now, I would need the ICE Gods out there to help me out in my journey to ICE-land...

1- I have decided on changing my head unit to an DVD 2-din player. Its an 2nd hand unit but but used only for abt 2mnths+. Is this a wise 1st move, changing the HU 1st?

2- After going through the net I have found that there is this amp 'KENKO KK-1000' & 'KOLE AUDIO QBE-4000' 4 Channel 4000watts amps up for sale at abt RM300+. Would this be an wise decision to buy?

3- Considering, I change the HU first to the DVD 2-Din Player, what should be my next move? Comp set? Amps?

4- I'm not planning to change the whole ICE set in my car at the moment, I wanna do it 1 by 1. Please advice on the right steps to take. Eg: Change the HU first then go on with an good comp set and etc...

5- What I have in mind at the moment for my Waja's ICE System is:
- 2 Din DVD Player
- Pre-Amp
- 4 Channel 4000watts Amp
- Component Set (Front)
- 2-Way or Comp Set or maintain current stock speakers (Back)
- Either 2 x 10" or 2 x 12" Subs + Monoblock

Is this set-up good enough for WAJA? Any recommendations from others? I'm planning to change the HU to the 2-Din DVD Player mid this month and go on from then on to change 1 by 1 the others. Planning about RM300-RM500 for each items. Please help me out.:smokin:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
300-500 on each item? then u end up with cap ayam la bro, better save up bit more, and reduce the number of items to buy. 500-1000 per item much better. instead of buying cheap new stuff, better to get branded 2nd hand stuff.

get dvd first, then get component speaker set for the front. then get a 4ch amp and a 12 inch sub. leave the rear as is, and also forget about pre amp. stay away from RM300 amps.

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
great advice,sifu........

ACG-KAiZEN

1,500 RPM
Oct 14, 2008
300-500 on each item? then u end up with cap ayam la bro, better save up bit more, and reduce the number of items to buy. 500-1000 per item much better. instead of buying cheap new stuff, better to get branded 2nd hand stuff.

get dvd first, then get component speaker set for the front. then get a 4ch amp and a 12 inch sub. leave the rear as is, and also forget about pre amp. stay away from RM300 amps.
Thanx a lot Zenn, well i'm guessing that for 300-500++ we are deff gonna get chicken branded stuffs oni...well, 500++ seems to be more affordable....what your recommendation on a good set of comp set & 4-Channel Amps... Are Kole Audio & Kenko Japan cap ayam brands....?

8216ks

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Thanx a lot Zenn, well i'm guessing that for 300-500++ we are deff gonna get chicken branded stuffs oni...well, 500++ seems to be more affordable....what your recommendation on a good set of comp set & 4-Channel Amps... Are Kole Audio & Kenko Japan cap ayam brands....?
bro if u wan i just toomout my amp and woofer yesterday... wan to sell it cheap cheap... the amp is good bought bout a year back bout 900 but the woofer is ok ok only la.... selling the amp for 250 i give u the woofer for foc!!!!!!:adore::hmmmm::itsme:..... ah just call me at 016-2266406

ACG-KAiZEN

1,500 RPM
Oct 14, 2008
bro if u wan i just toomout my amp and woofer yesterday... wan to sell it cheap cheap... the amp is good bought bout a year back bout 900 but the woofer is ok ok only la.... selling the amp for 250 i give u the woofer for foc!!!!!!:adore::hmmmm::itsme:..... ah just call me at 016-2266406
What brand is your amp & woofer bro....? the specs pls....? any pics you have....?

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
by the way,since ur budget's kinda low.....i've got one 3 way crossover with remote for sub up for sale,bought but never used,rm150 only.....lemme know la....call/sms me at 019-3333183

Last edited:

r0yEE

1,500 RPM
Dec 4, 2008
aite, don't treat me as GOD cause i ain't one, heehee
well, for a 4k watts amp is surely too cheap man..
it is way much better if you separate the amps.. get 1k watts amps to support each component.
like if your sub is 1k watts you get a 1.2k watts amp. then you have an amp for your mids and another amp for your component.
unless of course you have too much $$ to burn you can get an amp for a speaker. it sounds stupid but in the technical side is actually a whole different thing because the sound quality is totally different, you have clarity and boom and the same time. pre-amp you can get it last..

8216ks

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
What brand is your amp & woofer bro....? the specs pls....? any pics you have....?
ok the is amp is mohawk (mofest) i think or something like that is 2 channel 1000 watts... i bought it for 900 plus still got prize tag on it.... the woofer is MAMBA!!!!.... i cant remember the watts!!!! so if u wan u can sms me at 016-2266406!!! i can mms the pic to you if u wan!!!:itsme:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
please la save your money dont buy cap ayam. so far everything above is.

and stay away from amps that have 1200W sritten largely on it. if u see high end amp those are the last thing they want to write on it.

id rather have 50W of clean, natural and detailed sound, rather than 1200W of crap...

dont rush, save up, shop around, read up and learn more about good brands.

Bump: please la save your money dont buy cap ayam. so far everything above is.

and stay away from amps that have 1200W sritten largely on it. if u see high end amp those are the last thing they want to write on it.

id rather have 50W of clean, natural and detailed sound, rather than 1200W of crap...

dont rush, save up, shop around, read up and learn more about good brands.

ACG-KAiZEN

1,500 RPM
Oct 14, 2008
Ok, thankx a lot Zenn...I'll keep that in my mind...

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
got ur stuffs d??

Bump: got ur stuffs d??

ACG-KAiZEN

1,500 RPM
Oct 14, 2008
Nope bro Vishnnu, am still on the lookout for a good set, still kinda scouting around actually...about your stuffs that you mentioned earlier, can e-mail the pics so that i can have a look at it 1st huh? [email protected]

Guys, has anyone here used AV QUART brand ICE system before...i had 1 promoter demo'in AV QUART stuffs and it is actually quite good...he told me that these stuffs are made in malaysia...trustable?

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
i'd did what sifu Zenn advised,safe up and get used branded,reliable stuffs instead of lower end stuffs.....:driver:no offence to the AV dealer....:rofl:.........i did the same n i've got some items which i'm kinda proud of now coz......hehehe....coz i never came across anyone using em........though they're not high end but ol skool...........

Last edited:

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
yup. agreed with vishnu. me also saving for branded ice. last time feel sad miss rf amp from sifu zenn because somebody booked the amp and pay deposit. then just bought one 4 channel amp with monoblock and subwoofer. ended up almost 4k include installation. burst my budget coz can't do soundproofing yet. saving bro and u'll get the satisfaction.

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
hmmmm.........mine lari burget la gila gila:rofl:.....all b'coz of the few senior forummers la.....kena poison....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Altec90

Mar 17, 2009
Actually, With RM1K or plus plus should get a satisfied Sound System.

Like mine, i'm not saying that my soundsystem is way to shack other ppl, but for my interior sound quality, Should be okay compare to factory one. heheheh!

I will show some picture or some video onward. Maybe not that nice, but at least i got ICE~^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDN6JEdpFI

Attachments

Ah_Tat

Jun 7, 2006
I also waja owner....!!!
I just start my ice life for 2 months ++......

Do you have any installer...?
The door of waja design got some problem.... when we just simply install the speaker on the original place... a lot of sound can not be listen... need to do some modification...
Now.. I'm doing research on it.... use the cheapest price to perform the best sound...
after i success it.. i let you al know...!!!

Altec90

Mar 17, 2009
actually BmBoschmann is entry level user for intresting on ice. Why dont you tell us your budget and we guys could help you on. But i dont mean that i'm so pretty well on ICE, at least there are some ICE kaki on this ZTH forum? Come on! show yourself, your junior need your help, Senior!

my woofer get 129dB. wakakakak!

Bump: One more, if you're think you're rich enough to rid off those ice, why dont you get a JBL or RockFord? your choice, even my ICE cheap. But at least i got for some street shows.

Bump: One more, if you're think you're rich enough to rid off those ice, why dont you get a JBL or RockFord? your choice, even my ICE cheap. But at least i got for some street shows.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has developed a new parking assists system it calls the Around View Monitor (AVM), which will offer drivers a bird’s eye view of their car and surroundings in real-time. The set-up uses four ultrawide-angle resolution cameras mounted on the front, sides and rear of the vehicle, which combine to give a complete 360-degree view around the vehicle...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience