help . . my car choke ! !

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
he everyone...
really need u guys help to identify the possible problem....
went back to JB last weekend...while cruising on highway...feel that my car like canot breathe like dat....will happen if i drive around 140...this dun accur all the time...like suka suka then the engine choke....

so...wats the possible prob??
izzit because of the fuel filter??
btw..my car is a 1.3 carb wira...>10 yrs d...no money transplant + dad dun let...so no choice hav to maintain this engine....

sifus...pls enlighten me...anyway is there any workshop to recommend??
i'm currrently studyin in Nilai...dunno where to send my car for repair....

thanks in advance...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Hey, I'm studying in Nilai too! R u in Inti College?

Maybe your carburettor is clogged up with dirt. Get those carb-cleaners and spray into the carb.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
how chocking?
last time i changed spark cable.....the 3rd cable came out half way driving the engine choke damn kuat....

stop a side and plug back lo....

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
check air fitler..throttle body..and spark plugs.

if those dont work..try checking out the carby itself..fuel supply..

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
yeap...
stuyin in Nilai Inti...
the choke comes once in a while onli la...

changed my spark plug cable not too long ago...after change got feel the car a little bit choke...tot no prob...this might be the cause oso...

spray the carb??...i dunno how to do it wor...
guess will find a workshop to do the checkings la...but then dun really know any workshop here...wont be back JB soon...oso afraid to drive back...later stall half way then i hailat lu...heehee

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
carb car jerking/choking normally will need to check distributor, spark plug, spark plug cable, then only carb settings.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
calvin9683 said:
yeap...
stuyin in Nilai Inti...
the choke comes once in a while onli la...

changed my spark plug cable not too long ago...after change got feel the car a little bit choke...tot no prob...this might be the cause oso...

spray the carb??...i dunno how to do it wor...
guess will find a workshop to do the checkings la...but then dun really know any workshop here...wont be back JB soon...oso afraid to drive back...later stall half way then i hailat lu...heehee

sometimes my car also jerking liddat but sumtimes it runs as smooth as hell. Maybe the car old liaw.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
just got my car checked few days ago...
looks like the radiator hose is resting on the distributor....n the mechanic says the choke might be because of this....
got the hose adjusted edi....so far so good....but yet to test it on highway....

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
Did u ever ask ur mech what does the radiator hose got to do wz resting on the distributar.Why weight deferents?Funny coz mine has the same problem and the radiator hose is resting on the distributor.Should try to move it away and c.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
oh...
the jerking problem is solved after adjusting the radiator hose...
its very easy to adjust onli..but hav to remember not to do it while the engine is hot...u might end up ''cooking'' urself...
heehee....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Ultra Racing Drift Challenge was recently held in the parking lot, in front of Batu Pahat Mall. Organised by Ultra Racing, the drift event has participants locally and from around Malaysia. The crowd turnout today was quite good. Today seems more like a practice round and the real challenge comes tommorow (Sunday, 8th of May, 2011).

I also get to meet Miss Leona Chin, spokesperson for Ultra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience