HELP!!H22A conversion on BA5

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
K.L
Anyone of u guyz has experience of tis type of conversion?i need advise frm u guyz for tis conversion..any of u guyz noe any experience work shop to do tis thing or they have done tis type of conversion..bcoz tis conversion need to do a lot of mod..thanx for all sifu..

lygoon

Mar 14, 2006
hi ADVAN...

i learn alot of info about H22A into BA5 from preludepower.com
just never see personally a real swap case in malaysia.
my regular workshop has done a CA5 with H22A, but then
i have no confident for him to swap my BA5 with H22A after
gone through the preludepower.com
Waa... look around this forum, very little thing about BA5 la!!!

spawn_kulai

Jan 12, 2010
Johor
hi ADVAN...

i learn alot of info about H22A into BA5 from preludepower.com
just never see personally a real swap case in malaysia.
my regular workshop has done a CA5 with H22A, but then
i have no confident for him to swap my BA5 with H22A after
gone through the preludepower.com
Waa... look around this forum, very little thing about BA5 la!!!
hello..im new here...is it true there is a Ca5 using H22a?? im planning to do that but do not have much info..afraid the h22a bot suitable for ca5..thanks

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
nothing is suitable ler if thats the case...cars that was not meant for the engine will definitely have some issues...CA5 with H22A got...CA5 with B16A oso got...just whether you want to go thru the hassle of JPJ's cos the mountings will definitely need to be 'touched'...

spawn_kulai

Jan 12, 2010
Johor
so that mean in can be use laa..thanks yar..just afraid the size cannot fit into the car..got no problem with jpj issues..can handle that.. =)

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
h22a will be friggin tight in the ca5...not so sure but if i remember correctly the engine will need to be lowered a bit...making the oilpan slightly on the danger zone...and also the drive shaft cannot tahan the awkward angle...

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

CA5 with H22A
Finish the H22A swap? - 3geez.com - One Site. Three Generations of Classic Accords

h22 in a 3g - 3geez.com - One Site. Three Generations of Classic Accords

Ori Mugen MF204 engine for the B20A (2L EFI CA5 USDM)
I found MF204 Mugen engine for sale... - 3geez.com - One Site. Three Generations of Classic Accords

If I were you...id stick with the B20A...of cos no VTEC but since you said JPJ no prob then go ahead man...

More info can check out 3geez.com/forum

spawn_kulai

Jan 12, 2010
Johor
i see..thanks 4 the link..i need to revise all the info..maybe i'll go for b20a like my first plan..but someone suggest me h22a..since i've found sm4 using that h22a so i try to find if ca5 also can..since u said the oilpan and the driveshaft would be affected so i need to think and try to find a really good mechanic..so my car will be safe for long distance..

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
CBs have been running H22a since like the late 90s bro. My CB has been running an H22a since 2003.

are you in Kulai?

spawn_kulai

Jan 12, 2010
Johor
whoa?? really?? where did u done all the work? i mean which workshop..got any problem ar that car?? can fit ar the engine??..im not in kulai..in pasir gudang actually..just live there before..

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
whoa?? really?? where did u done all the work? i mean which workshop..got any problem ar that car?? can fit ar the engine??..im not in kulai..in pasir gudang actually..just live there before..
pasir gudang?

that's where i work!

i did my conversion at mutiara rini.

but you can send your car to Ah Kuang's shop (tan sri yaacob) or maybe ah cheen taman johor.

the H22a is a direct fit into the CB, since F- and H-series share similar mounting points and have the same basic engine architecture.

For the BA5, on the other hand, runs an 'older' B-series motor (no relation withe the B-series in the Civics)

spawn_kulai

Jan 12, 2010
Johor
ohh..but CA and CB the same car ar?? really dunno much bout this series..actually i plan to buy sm4 but not enough cash la that time..haha..btw thanks 4 the workshop suggestion..

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
ohh..but CA and CB the same car ar?? really dunno much bout this series..actually i plan to buy sm4 but not enough cash la that time..haha..btw thanks 4 the workshop suggestion..
CA = 3rd gen, CB = 4th gen

SM4 = CB lah. i call it CB, since CA, CB, CD, CF, CG, CH, CL, CM, CP.

ni tetiba je CA, SM4, SV4, CF4.. kan pelik tu.

spawn_kulai

Jan 12, 2010
Johor
hmm...that case sm4 i already know can use h22a..i've check the mounting..a bit different and the space for ca is a bit smaller than sm4..that why i asked..my dad owned sm4 actually..i planned to modify but he refuse..hahaha..so i just do it on my ca..need info..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i am totally new in car maintaining as i am going to get my first own car soon.
Is Tufoil suitable to use for a brand new car? Will it void warranty?

I understand that every 5000 km we need to change car oil which we called black oil in cantonese. So is Tufoil a kind of black oil or it's a supplement oil which means we still need to use black oil + Tufoil?

Where do we fill Tufoil into? How? When?

Sry if the questions r too newbie :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience