Hello from down under

Missile

Feb 15, 2008
www.cardomain.com
Hello all, been a bit of a long time reader, first time poster, so i figured that i may aswell introduce myself and introduce my ride. My name is Tim, I am 23 years old and own a 1993 mitsubishi lancer coupe... these cars are pretty much identicle to the protons that you have over there!

But enough talking for now... here are a few pics and the specs of my current ride... enjoy!

exterior

busy working on it

the engine

Specs:

Engine:-
4g93t engine upgrade
Modified exhast manifold
Td-05 s16G
Evo III dump pipe
2/1/2" exhaust
High Flow Cat
3A cannon muffler
Polyurethane engine mounts
Adjustable Cam Gears
Custom breather tank setup

Fuel & Management:
Haltec E6X e-managment
Haltec wiring loom upgrade
Haltec Boost Contoller
Haltec MAP sensor
8mm Ultra Leads
Evo III 510cc injectors
Bosch 550hp fuel pump
SARD adjustable FPR

Intake:-
2/1/2" Custom Stainless Plumbing
700x280x100 Intercooler
K&N pod filter
Evo II Throttle body
Ported Intake Manifold
Factory BOV

Drive Train:-
Standard glxi box
RPW quick shift kit
H/D brass button clutch

Brakes & Suspension:-
GSR upgrade brakes
Jamex Springs (all round)
Front Strut Brace

Any question feel free to ask...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
whoa...monster!!
ur front bumper looks like a revised version of a buddyclub bumper..

with haltech management...real monster...
may i ask, how much did u put into ur performance?

coolval

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
JB
That a neat ride dude..

Any ideas of another ride?
like a skyline or v8 supercharger?
hehe.. cause thats what i used to see a lot of in brisbane :)

Missile

Feb 15, 2008
www.cardomain.com
whoa...monster!!
ur front bumper looks like a revised version of a buddyclub bumper..

with haltech management...real monster...
may i ask, how much did u put into ur performance?
if thats how much money... i am not 100% certain... i was able to buy the front cut and do all of the works myself which saves a lot on labor... however i did not install the haltech myself, i had it sent off to a workshop to do that...

back in the day the front cut cost $3500 Aus, the haltech plus tuning was about $2500, and i would have spent another $1500 on parts (turbo, intercooler, injectors etc. ) so yeah probably $7000/$8000 all up :afraid: thats seems a lot... but the car is a lot of fun to drive...

the car is currently pulling 184.5hp at the front wheels on 12psi witha fairly conservative tune... i am going to make up another intake for the engine, then send it back off to the tuner for a more aggressive tune and some extra boost aswell... hoping to creep will in to the 200hp atfw's!

oh yeah, the front bumper is actually a titan front bumper, custom made to fit this model lancer.

Missile

Feb 15, 2008
www.cardomain.com
That a neat ride dude..

Any ideas of another ride?
like a skyline or v8 supercharger?
hehe.. cause thats what i used to see a lot of in brisbane :)
yeah i am already starting to plan out what i want to do for a next car... possibly looking in to trying a V8 out to see what all of the fuss is about :wink:

but yes i do have plenty of friends with the V8's and the bigger 6cylinder turbo's... i think they get a little upset that the small 4cyl turbo holds it own against them!

Daniel89

Known Member
Mar 2, 2007
What a nice ride man :) ! Love your engine bay haha its real clean man eh got think before to change a nicer rims ? :D

Missile

Feb 15, 2008
www.cardomain.com
What a nice ride man :) ! Love your engine bay haha its real clean man eh got think before to change a nicer rims ? :D
hahaha yeah i always get told to change my rims...

i was looking for a nice black of white set but i could never make my mind up... the rims that are on my car at the moment are actually fairly light, and the tyres are nice and cheap to replace... so rather than have massive rims with a poor quality tyre i have opted for smaller rims so i can afford a better quality tyre...

but yes if the right set comes along i will definatly be getting some new rims :biggrin:

and as for the engine bay... i must admit that i do love my "engine bay rice"

heres a few pics of the modified (ported and polished) intake manifold that i have put on:

A nice shiney pic in the sun

and here it is sitting next to the one that i just took off the car:

Last edited:

Missile

Feb 15, 2008
www.cardomain.com
finally got around to doing a little work on the car last weekend coutesy of some motovation spikes... the car had not been driven since late november last year i believe so the car was always going to have a little wildlife scattered through it... however after being back down on the driveway for some 20 minutes i discover this...

none the less all water leaks problems are now solved and the car is back to turnkey oporation... also while i was at it i replaced the factory mitsi thermo with a davies craig item to free up a few inches of room for an better designed intake... not only is there plenty more room now but fark me those davies craig fans throw some air about... below is a pic of the difference in 'depth' of the two fans side by side...

and but beautiful job at wiring the new fan with all factory connections... im stoked with how it turned out as i am not the handiest man with the soldering iron...

factory intake pipe along side new stainless item (bov return has since been welded on)

intake removed and new thermo installed... soooo much more room to play with

and this is basically the end result:

next job is to start tidying up the wiring in the engine bay... also going to replace the bov return for a tidier item... and then from there i am in the planning stages of fixing up the exterior of the car... watch this space...

bnr32

Aug 3, 2007
Did you fab up that intake pipe yourself? Looks the goods man.

How much did the thermo fan set you back? Im thinking of getting 1 or 2 when I replace the radiator, as i'll probably have to chop the fan shroud up anyway.

Missile

Feb 15, 2008
www.cardomain.com
Did you fab up that intake pipe yourself? Looks the goods man.

How much did the thermo fan set you back? Im thinking of getting 1 or 2 when I replace the radiator, as i'll probably have to chop the fan shroud up anyway.
I bought the intake pipe from a bloke with a vr-4... however he was running an ext. venting bov, so i had to weld up a new bov return in to the intake... only reason i went this way was that the price was right...

i bought 2 slimline thermo's for $50... an absolute bargain! you are probably looking at that price for one thermo... but damn are they worth it. as you can see from my pics it has given me that much extra room for my intake, and the davies craig fans push some air...

when mouting the thermos dont do what i did... it took me a few hours to fab up some custom brackets/connectors so that i could use the factory bolt holes for the thermo... a much better idea is to use a few cable ties to secure the thermo... literally tie the thermo by going through the core... i dont know why i didnt think of that!

the gbreat thing about the davies craig fans is that the blade are reversable... this means that you can create more room by mounting them to the front of the radiator... then when the thermo cycles it will push air through the radiator rather than pulling the air...

Missile

Feb 15, 2008
www.cardomain.com
Put some new suspension in the car...
Rebuilt Factory Evo III Front Struts
KYB Adjustable Rears
HKS Lowering springs all round
Cusco Front Strut Brace

As promised, here are the before and after Ride heights... I really do need to get some better camera skills, but these photo's will give the idea of it all...

Before (with factory cc lancer coupe suspension):

After (with suspension setup as listed):

in all seriousness i cannot speak highly enough of these HKS springs... the car is so firm on the road, yet the drop was subtle... would be perfect for those with E3 front pumpers or lower lips!

And for now I decided to go all JDM on your arses :lol: so to confirm... 14" lancer steelies will fit over the gsr brake setup :twisted:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
hi bro, i think your ride needs to add a rear skirt because currently your ride looks like this ____---
not balanced...just add a normal rear skirt will do..just my opinion :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you liked the standard 500’s appearance then you’re definitely going to fall in love with the 500 Abarth.

The sport version of Fiat’s hugely popular minicar has been fitted with an aggressive bodykit that included new bumpers, side skirts, a rear diffuser, wider fenders that house larger alloy rims, a roof spoiler, red mirror caps and Abarth decals. Add the twin exhaust outlets in the rear and this is one 500 that you won’t call...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience