guys.. really need ur kind HELP on my RVR!!!

@zri

1,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2006
i do have a huge probs with my RVR 4G63T. i realized the fuel consumption is high.. RM50 ron95 can go up to 170km only and never boost :hmmmm:. is tiz normal to RVR turbo wit auto transmission?? appreciate ur kind help guys..:adore:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
That is really serious serious shit man! Hope sifus can advice. Btw, have you diagnose your car? Is the )2 sensor still in good shape?
Because shitty FC in older cars are mostly caused by aged O2 sensor and/or AFM.

@zri

1,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2006
i'm planning to diagnose it.. however running stock RVR could coz tiz kind of FC.:confused:.make me worried man.. dunno how's the FC after sum mod on it..
anyone mind sharing their FC here?? RVR? EVO's?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Danz... 6A12tt RM10 for 40 km? Isn't that damn good? I thought stock perdana also like that...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
mine manual bro.....
if highway can get around 50-60kms.....80-100kmh....no boosting,
cruising onli.
Still that is damn good. No? I don;t know why people in KL have better FC in all cars. Different petrol ka? I heard the stock perdana V6 is quite heavy on fuel. Around like what you said. RM10 for 40km city. All those performance four bangers like BT, VTECS also have better FC there...

@zri

1,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2006
That is really serious serious shit man! Hope sifus can advice. Btw, have you diagnose your car? Is the )2 sensor still in good shape?
Because shitty FC in older cars are mostly caused by aged O2 sensor and/or AFM.
Diagnose test done- error code popup fr my crank and been deleted. It is true my o2 sensor not running smooth enough as the graph shows. May I know how much does it cost fr rvr o2 sensor? Or any o2 will do..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Diagnose test done- error code popup fr my crank and been deleted. It is true my o2 sensor not running smooth enough as the graph shows. May I know how much does it cost fr rvr o2 sensor? Or any o2 will do..
Not sure on RVR bro.. But since it is mitsu, you can check with proton. Normally they are compatible with a BIG price difference.
Last time I changed mine after diagnosis. I drive toyota corolla AE111. PRice form UMW, original is RM7XX. I checked myvi's one, RM190. It is the same type of sensor. 4 wire sonsor (one blue, one white, 2 black). But the mounting bracket is not the same. And this model's O2 sensor does not share with other cars. So a bit susah. But still can be done. My technician modified the mounting bracket. Just a little engineering work. Drill the holes on the bracket to fit the holes in the exhaust pipe.

If price too expensive for mitsu, try check for OEMs at Bosch or Denso. They have. You can even get Bosch wideband if they have for your car.

@zri

1,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2006
Not sure on RVR bro.. But since it is mitsu, you can check with proton. Normally they are compatible with a BIG price difference.
Last time I changed mine after diagnosis. I drive toyota corolla AE111. PRice form UMW, original is RM7XX. I checked myvi's one, RM190. It is the same type of sensor. 4 wire sonsor (one blue, one white, 2 black). But the mounting bracket is not the same. And this model's O2 sensor does not share with other cars. So a bit susah. But still can be done. My technician modified the mounting bracket. Just a little engineering work. Drill the holes on the bracket to fit the holes in the exhaust pipe.

If price too expensive for mitsu, try check for OEMs at Bosch or Denso. They have. You can even get Bosch wideband if they have for your car.

thanks bro.. will try & check it out..

@zri

1,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2006
thanks bro.. will try & check it out..
i've share it wit my few frens.. isn't true tat i no need to change it as there's no check light comin out??:hmmmm: and.. for o2 sensor how long does it last actually?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i've share it wit my few frens.. isn't true tat i no need to change it as there's no check light comin out??:hmmmm: and.. for o2 sensor how long does it last actually?
I think checklight depends on car. Does you meter panel have a O2 sensor warning? And I think it depends on car also. Some may not function efficiently already. But still give some reading. So the checklight doesn't on. But it messes up your air fuel ratio thus giving ridiculous FC. The only accurate way is to go diagnosis followed by a voltmeter check. Not expensive la diagnosis.

About how long it last, very long. It is not a moving part and thus has not wear and tear. Average around 10 years? Got some even more than 10 years. some less than 10 years kong.... Haha... Maybe that is under harsh conditions la... But generally last around 10 years.

Last edited:

Dec 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro.ur rvr 4g63t is in perdana or wira body?d drive shaft of rvr v must change to use evo3 drive shaft right?but d rvr is auto,thn v need to use d lsd o non lsd drive shaft?

@zri

1,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2006
I think checklight depends on car. Does you meter panel have a O2 sensor warning? And I think it depends on car also. Some may not function efficiently already. But still give some reading. So the checklight doesn't on. But it messes up your air fuel ratio thus giving ridiculous FC. The only accurate way is to go diagnosis followed by a voltmeter check. Not expensive la diagnosis.

About how long it last, very long. It is not a moving part and thus has not wear and tear. Average around 10 years? Got some even more than 10 years. some less than 10 years kong.... Haha... Maybe that is under harsh conditions la... But generally last around 10 years.
thanks bro fr da info.. i've done diagnosis and now looking for o2 sensor replacement..

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

bro.ur rvr 4g63t is in perdana or wira body?d drive shaft of rvr v must change to use evo3 drive shaft right?but d rvr is auto,thn v need to use d lsd o non lsd drive shaft?
not to sure bro.. i'm using spacewagon.. maybe sifu's ere could giv sum advise..

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

not to sure bro.. i'm using spacewagon.. maybe sifu's ere could giv sum advise..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

a little bit confius..a lot of steam flow out from the exhaust,when i start my engine in the morning..my engine just top overhoul and port n polish about last week..the steam only happen in the morning..is it bad or good habbit for my engine??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience