Guys!how do i define good sound system ??

Apr 24, 2006
hi!
im having 540 watss akai speakers ,think its 4 inch speakers at rear and lithium speakers with twitters at front...i added 4 channel amp after me n bro ended up in audio acce shop..how do u guys define a good sound system ?

what is the difference between 540 watss or lesser..how does it effect the sound produced and what are the add on s i can have if im having these specs .:shocked: there are so many things and i dun digest well about them.

can anyone explain???:shcokedcamo:
:cyclops:
-blindheart-

tj84

Mar 30, 2006
To define good sound depends what u play. SQ, or SPL. SQ stands for sound quality, spl stands for sound pressure level. SQ is for those ppl who like to hear high treble and chillness, and vocal aka frank sinarta, enigma, mariah carey, sound pressure is those ppl, u can hear the bass sound 100 metres away etc, techno, rap, they measure the power by the sound DB level, the higher it goes, the powerful it is. But for end users, sound quality would be to ur specs of listening, but generally, as long as its soothing to ur ears, its good enough soun clariry- no breaking of voice,or sound. Of course u can add a lot of stuffs. Like 6 inch component sets for front and back, another monoblock amp ( thats specially designed for ur subwoofer, cuts out the treble sound from sub, and play clear bass only) a electronic cross over, which is a active crossover that allows u to adjust the sound hands on.(Those crossovers that come with the component sets are known as passive crossover). Following is the price range for average to medium level items.

6 inch component set = RM 300-RM 9XX
Monoblock amp = RM 700-RM1XXX
3 way Electronic crossover RM 250- RM 5XX
2 channel amp 800 watts= RM 340-RM XXXX

By the way, those price quotes are for average to medium range. Highend range. is above RM 1k to 4k each. ANd these prices aren't for imitations and pudu pasar products.

SO now the most important now would be are u willing to spend>>>>

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Shaheer said:
hi!
im having 540 watss akai speakers ,think its 4 inch speakers at rear and lithium speakers with twitters at front...i added 4 channel amp after me n bro ended up in audio acce shop..how do u guys define a good sound system ?

what is the difference between 540 watss or lesser..how does it effect the sound produced and what are the add on s i can have if im having these specs .:shocked: there are so many things and i dun digest well about them.

can anyone explain???:shcokedcamo:
:cyclops:
-blindheart-
Your question is too subjective, something like you are asking is that girl is pretty or not...
Some guide for you, how much you are willing to pay? This will be your goal on ICE.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
sound are subjective..everyone got a goal for himself..system A may sound nice to XX but not sound nice to yy and vice versa

tj84

Mar 30, 2006
Well put by prince hamsap, although referring to his name, HAMSAP,what kinda sound i wonder is nice to his ears :) bro chill,just kidding :)

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
this is a very subjective discussion .. i would say SQ basically split into two category.

1 group which believed to the university approach whereby they believe complying to standard defined by certain international association and judge their SQ based on all the respective elements properly define ..

One the other hand, another group which believed tuning the SQ to the owner listening preference and sometimes will totally go against those criteria defined by those international professional.

I guess.. ultimately, if u like it, then, is good SQ.. hehe!

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
SQ just a concept.. soundstage & imaging is the criteria.. If your fulfill that criteria & suitable with your listening preference.. than you can call it good SQ loorr... that the most important.. if not suitable with you it might be put you in danger position coz it will effect your driving concentration........

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
Shaheer said:
how do u guys define a good sound system ?
accurate reproduction of a live show recording, or try to sound just as good as good home hi-fi. parameters involved are accuracy, staging, imaging, tonality, linearity, noise, etc etc

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Zenn said:
accurate reproduction of a live show recording, or try to sound just as good as good home hi-fi. parameters involved are accuracy, staging, imaging, tonality, linearity, noise, etc etc
ya,tats basically sum up the whole things about car ice.

My understanding is very simple, the tweeter must be able to produce clearly n clean n the mid shld give strong support to the tweeter.:regular_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna ask something. i got this cylinder vacuum canister (for brake vacuum)
and i wonder this thing should be put before or after (between servo and valve) the one way valve in the pipes.?

currently it sit before the valve.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience