gumball 3000

mafia_boyz

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
i just watched gumball 3000 set off in london a couple of days ago.. i was wondering.. would there be ppl in asia or malaysia itself interested to join such an event?

i know the fee to join the once a year rally is £28,000 including food and lodging...

if possible i would like to organise such event in asia with another name.. but being franchise to gumball...

even if it cost RM 28,000... do you guys think anyone would be interested?

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
to join a bunch of kids racing across countries breaking every speed limit there is while trashing my car? no thanks.

if you are a little news savvy, you would have known even the germans deported them with a massive road block on the autobahn, and turkey denied landing permission for their plane.

and the newest kicker is that some douche in a porsche ran his car into another car with a couple inside at macedonia. The hustband died, the wife admitted to ICU, and the asswipe fled the scene.

now, would you pay any money at all to be associated with these kind of people?

mafia_boyz

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
i am sure there are some negative points and accident occur.. as it is said a rally..
not a race... thus it all depend on individuals... can;t let a few rotten eggs detroy what is suppose to be a one of the most famous and distinguish event...

i'm just proposing a similar event to be hold in asia as malaysia as the hub...

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
being famous for the wrong reasons is nothing to be proud about.

a few rotten eggs? no, this is a whole carton of rotten eggs.

what do you feel if a bunch of singaporeans come with their porsches/ferraris and start zooming down the plus highway without regards to the speed limit?
How about a group of mat-rempits come and zig-zag across traffic? not so cool?

just because they are rich and drive fancy cars doesnt mean they are "distinguished". Want to see a real rally? switch on wrc, switch on WRC or the paris-dakar. Those events are more scenic, more technologically advance, and more competitive, unlike gumball which is a showcase of the fusion between wealth,stupidity and speed.

just my opinion of course.

if anyone thinks that they need to pay an organiser money so that they can show off, do go ahead.

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
there is a gumball trip from kl to phuket last year or 2 ago
the cost is rm1500++ person if 2 person is rm3000(1car)

mafia_boyz

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
boggysv... just chill dude.. i have no idea why are you so anti gumball.. or for any case anti rich ppl... if you dun like my idea.. just say no... dun need to add salt into the wound...

mafia_boyz

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 22.30 CET / 03 May 2007​

Following our earlier release reporting yesterday’s accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year’s Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.​

As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.​

We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.​

This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000’s of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

Maximillion Cooper​

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
it's like a glorified 'rempits' for me...just add 2 xtra wheels and you call it gumball whatever-thousands...

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Gumball rally is actually not about speeding along the highways and being the first to arrive at the destination. I remember I read somewhere that speeding is prohibited and that participants cannot reach a certain destination in less than a certain amount of time. The original concept of the Gumball rally is to bring together people with equally expensive cars and do a mega convoy.

Apparently some idiots mistook the term "rally" and decided to put the pedal to the metal. A few bad eggs spoiling it for the rest.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
yeapers.....
but who could control when u have something powerful under your feet and every cars is a fast car...
don't talk about Gumball.....
let's talk about normal friends convoy........
how many doesn't speed after meeting in one place than heading off to another venue for TT?!...speak true to your heart!...
I know we sometimes speed; especially after TT ends and on the way back home..
I'm not promoting speeding or anything, but it's just human nature or maybe I'm not a normal person?!.........
*sigh*
no one wants this type of incident to happen. But who to control them?...
I know a lot of states doesn't let Gumball into their freeways..

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
gumball already got in malaysia...they dont called gumball....just some dudes gather once a year and race .......some kind of ilegal racing.......

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
yeapers.....
but who could control when u have something powerful under your feet and every cars is a fast car...
don't talk about Gumball.....
let's talk about normal friends convoy........
how many doesn't speed after meeting in one place than heading off to another venue for TT?!...speak true to your heart!...
I know we sometimes speed; especially after TT ends and on the way back home..
I'm not promoting speeding or anything, but it's just human nature or maybe I'm not a normal person?!.........
*sigh*
no one wants this type of incident to happen. But who to control them?...
I know a lot of states doesn't let Gumball into their freeways..
True. If I have a Porsche CGT I don't think I would drive it along at 80kph all the way. Plus since I'm that rich to own a CGT, fuel consumption isn't really a major concern hehe.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
exactly. accidents could and will happen (Murphy's law lol) regardless of what car your driving, Kcar, family sedan, sports sedan even exotics. just because its an exotic it gets "extra" coverage.

imoloq, i think the major concern for the drivers is the balls since they have that money part well covered lol

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

check this one out:

http://www.impulsengine.com/how/combination_parts_processes.shtml

ive heard of supercharging and turbocharging an engine but this is new.

i couldn help but to think that this is ultimate street engine upgrade rather than turbo or supercharge since it peaks out the power of a stock engine in 0 - 4500rpm

do we have this in malaysia??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience